What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

:coffee2: :sunny: Good morning folks. We're back from St. Pete Beach & I've a little yard working things to do this morning. The sunset Tuesday night was a little different.
20250610_202530.webp
 
That's true they're not the best for milage. Though my 2009 in 2011 was within a mpg as any other truck.
A truck is a truck, and should be used as what it was designed for-hauling stuff.

Probably 80% of all trucks are used as cars That's why the double cabs, short boxes.

View attachment 2212359

Had a 76 or 77 GMC with a 350 engine.
4 barrel carb got about 6-8 m.p.g. if you used it to go zoom.
It was great!

My plow truck gets around 9 when working it.
It went to Canada when nearly new. Might have passed a couple fuel pumps somewhere without stopping. Probably pumps hidden from sight.

It pulled a friends big boat like it wanted to though.

Tacos are nice.
Tundra for towing more than casual stuff. Starting at the point a Taco has to grunt .
 
I did see a restored 48 chevy the other day., It looked very nice. I asked him what motor and he replied a stock 327. I told him a stock motor was a six cylinder, he replied the 327 motor is stock . (Not built up)I laughed and said ok
It has been a long time since i have heard anyone talk about the 327.
 
I’d love to own it. The gas mileage is a downer though
Yeah, the fuel consumption. We have California gas prices in Reno for some reason, and I'm averaging 12-14mpg in that thing.
8-9 if I'm towing.
My RV gets 24mpg (diesel) when towing the SxS. I'll just do all my towing with it.
 
Had a 76 or 77 GMC with a 350 engine.
4 barrel carb got about 6-8 m.p.g. if you used it to go zoom.
It was great!

My plow truck gets around 9 when working it.
It went to Canada when nearly new. Might have passed a couple fuel pumps somewhere without stopping. Probably pumps hidden from sight.

It pulled a friends big boat like it wanted to though.

Tacos are nice.
Tundra for towing more than casual stuff. Starting at the point a Taco has to grunt .
I can tow my 14ft car hauler and it seems it gets a certain amount if mileage regardless.

But it has the power to pull.
It's bloody scary looking at the computer and it says 1.1 ratio.
99 liters per 100km.🤣
That's the floor mat mileage.
 
Yeah, the fuel consumption. We have California gas prices in Reno for some reason, and I'm averaging 12-14mpg in that thing.
8-9 if I'm towing.
My RV gets 24mpg (diesel) when towing the SxS. I'll just do all my towing with it.
How much a gallon for regular in your area? Regular is $2.74 a gallon here right now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom