What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Jedediah Smith park is a land of giants. Actually, the mix of smaller tree species and understory plants is what completes the natural tapestry. Try full screen view. This park adjacent to Crescent City, CA, and nearby Redwood National Park, are home to the widest and tallest trees in the world. Three choices among many are Boy Scout Tree trail, Tall Trees Grove trail and Grove of Titans along Mill trail.
big ass tree.webp



It's real. Actually, the first time I loaded images of this redwood into an editing software Lightroom, I wondered if I accidentally bumped the "aspect" adjustment, but realized it really is this huge in comparison to a person. Here's one taken the day the tree was discovered with Chris Atkins for scale. He's holding my trekking pole set to 54 inches (4.5 ft.)


big ass tree 2.webp


Not my pics but I will be taking my camera next time I'm there, it's only a half hour away!
 
How much a gallon for regular in your area? Regular is $2.74 a gallon here right now.
Average is around $4.69
I don't use cheap gas though, usually only Chevron which is .20/gal more.
 
Good morning all.

I didn't know we had Grey Catbirds around here, but apparently we do. There's one that has been just singing like crazy at the top of one of the cedars lately. Short video attached (could be some background noise from nearby road and chicken coop).

 
Good morning all.

I didn't know we had Grey Catbirds around here, but apparently we do. There's one that has been just singing like crazy at the top of one of the cedars lately. Short video attached (could be some background noise from nearby road and chicken coop).


Great video, your phone picked up the birds song well.
 
Mornin everybody! Movin days finally here. Headed back home to Bama after several years bouncing around on the road. Gotta bounce back up here for a couple of more weeks but can finally see the daylight at the end of the tunnel! Taking MrsBama and all of the amenities today, just bringing me and the necessities for the final fling.
 
:coffee2: Good morning everyone. Were going to the zoo this morning. We gave a small but excellent zoo here in Brevard County. It is rated one of the top zoo's in the country. We buy yearly passes and try to go a couple times a month. Flowers are still blooming since we've gotten some rain. We could use more though.
20250612_095704.webp
20250607_115839.webp
20250603_161033.webp
Screenshot_20250511-123239_Photos.webp
20250603_161024.webp
 
Last edited:
:coffee2: Good morning everyone. Were going to the zoo this morning. We gave a small but excellent zoo here in Vrevard County. It is rated one of the top zoo's in the country. We buy yearly passes and try to go a couple times a month. Flowers are still blooming since we've gotten some rain. We could use more though. View attachment 2212448View attachment 2212449View attachment 2212450View attachment 2212451View attachment 2212452
Ok I can give you a little taste of beauty back at ya.
20250611_131826.webp
 
I’m guessing the Chevrons in your area still put the additives in? They don’t do it here anymore just cheap gas. BP is the same no additives
Yeah, still has Techron. Works as good as Stabil for keeping the gas from going bad. I've got over 20 motorcycles and many don't get ridden often, and I never have a problem as long as I keep them topped off (as little air in the tank as possible) with Chevron gas.
 
Yeah, still has Techron. Works as good as Stabil for keeping the gas from going bad. I've got over 20 motorcycles and many don't get ridden often, and I never have a problem as long as I keep them topped off (as little air in the tank as possible) with Chevron gas.
I thought the biggest issue with old gas "going bad" was the ethanol. I pay more for ethanol-free gas for anything that isn't used for a while (mowers, blowers, etc.) and haven't had a problem since doing that. When I was using cheap (ethanol) gas, I could just plan on a carburetor cleanout every spring.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom