What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning all.

I didn't know we had Grey Catbirds around here, but apparently we do. There's one that has been just singing like crazy at the top of one of the cedars lately. Short video attached (could be some background noise from nearby road and chicken coop).


I hear a bit of a male robins territorial song in there. Or my mind does anyways..

Great catch of the catbird and it's vocals!

 
Mornin all.

This tool is similar to the one I used yesterday.
The guy makes it look easy.
I used hammer to tighten the vice swivel twice. (!)
Then a rubber hammer on the tire a couple spots. But my tires have far more meat inside the rim than the sample shown.

Not in video instructions...How to remove tires!
I wanted to transfer worn tires to a different set of rims to use on another chair.
After gouging a rim that would later need filing on to smooth out , and putting a dent in a handrail....A knife resolved the conflict.
With about a quarter of the bearing surface touching with new tires compared to the worn slicks ; I can pirouette easy again. spine already feels better.

 
Good morning all happy Friday

Mornin Evan!

1749839059381.webp
 
I hear a bit of a male robins territorial song in there. Or my mind does anyways..
Could be -- there are plenty of robins around here as well.
 
We just had a fun little interruption. My wife went to check on the chickens and found a decent sized blacksnake in one of the nest boxes. It had eaten an egg. Unfortunately it was one of the fake ceramic eggs that we have in there to encourage the chickens to use the boxes instead of the corner of the coop. So we spent the next several minutes giving the snake a backwards belly rub to get it to cough up the egg. It wasn't thrilled about the process, but it did give up the egg, so hopefully it will be fine. We released it away from the coop. (Sorry, I didn't take any pics, wasn't thinking about it at the time.)
 
We just had a fun little interruption. My wife went to check on the chickens and found a decent sized blacksnake in one of the nest boxes. It had eaten an egg. Unfortunately it was one of the fake ceramic eggs that we have in there to encourage the chickens to use the boxes instead of the corner of the coop. So we spent the next several minutes giving the snake a backwards belly rub to get it to cough up the egg. It wasn't thrilled about the process, but it did give up the egg, so hopefully it will be fine. We released it away from the coop. (Sorry, I didn't take any pics, wasn't thinking about it at the time.)
Probably would of killed the snake
 
I thought the biggest issue with old gas "going bad" was the ethanol. I pay more for ethanol-free gas for anything that isn't used for a while (mowers, blowers, etc.) and haven't had a problem since doing that. When I was using cheap (ethanol) gas, I could just plan on a carburetor cleanout every spring.
I agree. I've had boats all my life. Ethanol was a no no 100%. It's the same with small engines, especially 2 stroke. Never use ethanol in them. Ethanol is basically BS forced on us by our government.
 
Well I just had to pay some lawn guys to remove a bunch of trash trees. I’m just getting to old to do it now days. They did a good job
Yep, we just did the same at my wife's insistence. I can't complain -- they cleared in a few hours what would have taken me a month of Sundays and then some, and they did a better job than I would have.
 
Did a few hours of detecting at the other side of the school. Wasn't having much luck then got a faint squeaker and was like eh I'll dig it why not. Well to my surprise once again big silver deep at this school off a squeaker. On the way out got a deep 1952 wheat penny and a deep toy car. Not too bad of a day.
 

Attachments

  • 2cd0f19c-5b72-47f4-9185-811802774f6b.webp
    2cd0f19c-5b72-47f4-9185-811802774f6b.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • 20250613_152543.webp
    20250613_152543.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • 20250613_152603.webp
    20250613_152603.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • 20250613_152618.webp
    20250613_152618.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • 20250613_152610.webp
    20250613_152610.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • 20250613_152648.webp
    20250613_152648.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • 20250613_152659.webp
    20250613_152659.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
Did a few hours of detecting at the other side of the school. Wasn't having much luck then got a faint squeaker and was like eh I'll dig it why not. Well to my surprise once again big silver deep at this school off a squeaker. On the way out got a deep 1952 wheat penny and a deep toy car. Not too bad of a day.
Where's the silver?
 
Got the relay in the dump truck replaced.
I ordered it, the Mrs picked it up, got buddy to install it.
I think Reading off the CC #'s was the hardest part of the 3 parts.🤣
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom