What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7


​


​

Bull-Doze Blues​

Song by​

Henry Thomas
I'm going away, babe, and it won't be long
I'm going away and it won't be long
I'm going away and it won't be long
Just as sure as that train leaves out of that Mobile yard
Just as sure as that train leaves out of that Mobile yard
Just as sure as that train leaves out of that Mobile yard
Come shake your hand, tell your papa goodbye
Come shake your hand, tell your papa goodbye
Come shake your hand, tell your papa goodbye
I'm going back to Tennessee
I'm going back to Memphis, Tennessee
I'm going back to Memphis, Tennessee
I'm going where I never get bull-dozed
I'm going where I never get the bull-doze
I'm going where I never get bull-dozed
If you don't believe I'm sinking
Look what a hole I'm in
If you don't believe I'm sinking
Look what a hole I'm in
If you don't believe I'm sinking
Look what a fool I've been
Oh, my babe, take me back
How in the world...
Lord, take me back
 


Going Up the Country​

Song by​

Canned Heat
I'm going up the country
Baby, don't you wanna go?
I'm going up the country
Baby, don't you wanna go?
I'm going to some place
Where I've never been before
I'm going, I'm going
Where the water tastes like wine
I'm going where the water tastes like wine
We can jump in the water
Stay drunk all the time
I'm gonna leave this city, got to get away
I'm gonna leave this city, got to get away
All this fussing and fighting, man, you know I sure can't stay
Now baby, pack your leaving trunk, you know we've got to leave today
Just exactly where we're going I cannot say
But we might even leave the U.S.A.
'Cause there's a brand new game that I wanna play
No use of you running or screaming and crying
'Cause you've got a home, man
Long as I've got mine
 
1750787069696.webp
 
I saw an old man the other day wearing a shirt that says “Don’t piss off old people, every day we get less afraid of a life sentence”.
My martial arts instructor once remarked "Never mess with the old guys. The young guys will want to fight and win and 'beat' you. The old guys will just kill you and be done with it."
 
Little hot this week. It took my AC until 11pm last night to cool off the house.
Needs a charge maybe.
We just leave it running, 3 heads on a split air.
Then the dehumidifier downstairs to take a load off the humidity.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom