What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I'm sorry to rant and be emotional but it would be nice if ghosts could talk back. I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.
Without getting too far off in the weeds on this, I think sometimes they do "talk back", just not directly in words. Sometimes it's a direct unexplainable experience. But often it's more subtle -- sometimes it's just something out of place, just to make you stop and think of them. Sometimes it's someone bringing up a memory of them out of the blue. Sometimes it's just a thought that pops into your head. And sometimes, it's just a feeling.

Sorry there's not much we can do directly to help. Just do what you find comfort in, and know that it will pass. Everything does.
 
Without getting too far off in the weeds on this, I think sometimes they do "talk back", just not directly in words. Sometimes it's a direct unexplainable experience. But often it's more subtle -- sometimes it's just something out of place, just to make you stop and think of them. Sometimes it's someone bringing up a memory of them out of the blue. Sometimes it's just a thought that pops into your head. And sometimes, it's just a feeling.

Sorry there's not much we can do directly to help. Just do what you find comfort in, and know that it will pass. Everything does.
You're right, they do talk back. Thanks Robert
 
Hey all, really struggling today. Just keep taking blows and don't know how many more I can take.
Hey , Mondays can be like that.
(Tomorrow Tuesdays can be like that.)

Stick to your short and long term plans. Toss in a scheme or two.

Ya know that one spot in your mind where waves are barely breaking over stones you have to know exists? And if you looked close enough nothing else would be on your mind?
That is yours. See it when you need to. (No not when you're doin 90 m.p.h. slaloming lanes in heavy traffic.)

You are in charge of you.
We all question choices and decisions sometimes ; but by golly celebrate them being our own to make . Sometimes they work out.
Other times we miss a goal but are closer for having tried. For being allowed to try.
 
Hey , Mondays can be like that.
(Tomorrow Tuesdays can be like that.)

Stick to your short and long term plans. Toss in a scheme or two.

Ya know that one spot in your mind where waves are barely breaking over stones you have to know exists? And if you looked close enough nothing else would be on your mind?
That is yours. See it when you need to. (No not when you're doin 90 m.p.h. slaloming lanes in heavy traffic.)

You are in charge of you.
We all question choices and decisions sometimes ; but by golly celebrate them being our own to make . Sometimes they work out.
Other times we miss a goal but are closer for having tried. For being allowed to try.
Yes, you got me with the waves breaking over.the stones. Thank you so much
 
I think at the end of the day sometimes we just need to hear everything is going to be okay. Right? It's funny, sometimes I feel myself becoming more and more of a loner because I'd rather spend time with ghosts and memories. Forgive me for being emotional but do any of you have that larger than life person that gets you through? For me it was my Uncle Mike. From the time I could walk basically I was riding with him. Three wheelers, four wheelers, trucks and when my Grandma finally let me, his motorcycle. He's been gone now for years but when things get really hard it can be easy to keep up this facade of independent single Mom but really I miss the way he'd reach back and hold my leg. Just that quick, hey Louise Laura- making sure you didn't fall off...I'll be 39 in October and feel like I'm still pointing to him which way to turn- - sometimes its just so difficult to be alone but who else can you count on when fighting the good fight? Maybe it's just the situation, possibly the few drinks I've let myself indulge in but damn what I would give to hear his voice again. Every time I hear a bike drive by there's that little girl in me looking down the lane way past the horses to see if Uncle Mike is pulling in for dinner. I'm sorry to rant and be emotional but it would be nice if ghosts could talk back. I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.
I am now a believer in signs from ghosts ( loved ones that have passed ) as 4 years ago my Mother passed and in the evening of that day with the lights on in the front room I spoke out loud saying "Mom if you are in a better place show me a sign" and about 15 seconds later the light bulb facing me flashed for about 10 seconds, to me this was more than just a coincidence.

You do not have to go looking for happiness as it is always inside of you and very lucky to have had an Uncle Mike. I'm sure everything will work out for you.
 
Hey all, really struggling today. Just keep taking blows and don't know how many more I can take.
I think you will come out of this wiser and certainly stronger. Everyone here wishes you the very best. Remember you're never alone in your struggles so don't isolate yourself from loved ones. I'm sure your uncle is right next to you.
 
Good evening. I had typed good morning at 6 am but didn't hit 'post' somehow. :BangHead:
Been there done that, gee nobody replied-oops.
The Mrs had a tad bit of a knot in the face-why not let me know-I-oops didn't hit send.
 
Without getting too far off in the weeds on this, I think sometimes they do "talk back", just not directly in words. Sometimes it's a direct unexplainable experience. But often it's more subtle -- sometimes it's just something out of place, just to make you stop and think of them. Sometimes it's someone bringing up a memory of them out of the blue. Sometimes it's just a thought that pops into your head. And sometimes, it's just a feeling.

Sorry there's not much we can do directly to help. Just do what you find comfort in, and know that it will pass. Everything does.
That was beautiful. Goes without saying I could go way out into the weeds on this particular thing but I’ll just say I believe traditionally and agree.
 
Good morning everyone.

The hibiscus is blooming.

IMG_3064.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom