What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Looks like another Florida weather type day.
The clothes will feel like wearing a wet tea bag.
Screenshot_20250623_063640_Weather Network.webp
 
What a terrible day yesterday I had :( Saturday I got a UPS package with a BRAND NEW Deus 2 High frequency coil in it :) I spent ALL DAY trying to update my Deus 2 controllers !!! :( For some reason my fire fox browser kept interfering with my Edge and chrome browsers :( I even called a guy that repairs Deus's It would not work on my three computers . I started the upgrading process at 6:30 Am I worked a LOT on them MOST of the day. At 7:00 pm I went to a friends that had a laptop with only chrome on it. In 15 minutes I had my two controllers and head phones updated to 3.04 !! going to give them a go today :0
 
Good Monday morning, everyone.

We had a pair of doves come to the tray feeder on the front window yesterday. It is very unusual to see doves at a feeder at all, other than on the ground. Even more unusual to have them come to the window feeder with us sitting there watching them.

View attachment 2213771
I like doves. We have a lot around here. My parakeets ard messy eaters and their seed falls down below the cage. Mourning doves and Ring Neck doves gobble up everything that falls. I also spread wild bird seed for them. It is unusual to see them in a feeder.
 
The price is great too !!
Still shy of 40 bucks for 120 cups I believe..
Chain at one time had a fresh bulk section. Primo Lavada Colombian or something like that; was excellent.
From grinding for drip coffee or much coarser for coffee over the fire at historical events it rocked!

Later elsewhere another chains restaurant grind was a bargain yet great . Was.

Auction house I deal with ran bulk outdated coffee some months back. Had they a nearer date I might have gambled.
Nope! I'm more thrifty than cheap.
 
What a terrible day yesterday I had :( Saturday I got a UPS package with a BRAND NEW Deus 2 High frequency coil in it :) I spent ALL DAY trying to update my Deus 2 controllers !!! :( For some reason my fire fox browser kept interfering with my Edge and chrome browsers :( I even called a guy that repairs Deus's It would not work on my three computers . I started the upgrading process at 6:30 Am I worked a LOT on them MOST of the day. At 7:00 pm I went to a friends that had a laptop with only chrome on it. In 15 minutes I had my two controllers and head phones updated to 3.04 !! going to give them a go today :0
Good luck and bring back some treasure
 
Good afternoon everyone! Hey, Oregon Viking... Been raining here in N.E. Oregon for the last three days, ever since Summer started, with temps in the 50'sF! It's supposed to warm up to 75F tomorrow then up into the 80's! Well, we will just see!
 
Wish I could give you some sage advice LL56, but I am not that wise of a man. My best advice is to get some therapy, but not knowing your background, I don't know if that is relevant to you. In mycase, PTSD from war, therapy made a huge difference in my understanding and helped me a lot in dealing with my personal problems. My prayers for you in your difficulties. Just hang in there a deal with it (them) one day at a time!
 
Hey all, really struggling today. Just keep taking blows and don't know how many more I can take.
I think at the end of the day sometimes we just need to hear everything is going to be okay. Right? It's funny, sometimes I feel myself becoming more and more of a loner because I'd rather spend time with ghosts and memories. Forgive me for being emotional but do any of you have that larger than life person that gets you through? For me it was my Uncle Mike. From the time I could walk basically I was riding with him. Three wheelers, four wheelers, trucks and when my Grandma finally let me, his motorcycle. He's been gone now for years but when things get really hard it can be easy to keep up this facade of independent single Mom but really I miss the way he'd reach back and hold my leg. Just that quick, hey Louise Laura- making sure you didn't fall off...I'll be 39 in October and feel like I'm still pointing to him which way to turn- - sometimes its just so difficult to be alone but who else can you count on when fighting the good fight? Maybe it's just the situation, possibly the few drinks I've let myself indulge in but damn what I would give to hear his voice again. Every time I hear a bike drive by there's that little girl in me looking down the lane way past the horses to see if Uncle Mike is pulling in for dinner. I'm sorry to rant and be emotional but it would be nice if ghosts could talk back. I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.
 
Wish I could give you some sage advice LL56, but I am not that wise of a man. My best advice is to get some therapy, but not knowing your background, I don't know if that is relevant to you. In mycase, PTSD from war, therapy made a huge difference in my understanding and helped me a lot in dealing with my personal problems. My prayers for you in your difficulties. Just hang in there a deal with it (them) one day at a time!
Thank you ArfieBoy, you're absolutely right. Thinking of you. Appreciate the reach out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom