What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

:coffee2:
Screenshot_20250515-091955_Photos.webp
Screenshot_20250515-092021_Photos.webp
Screenshot_20250511-073143_Chrome.webp
Good morning everyone. OV. your pictures are amazing. My brother, nephew, & grandson are in Oregon near Portland. My wife and I have been there dozens of times and it it such a beautiful and sometimes almost surreal place. My nephew is an outdoor enthusiast.and fly fisher. He has guided us to so many amazing places over the years. We are due another trip soon & I can't wait. My grandson moved there 2 years ago to visit a friend. He transferred to University of Oregon in Eugene and says the hell with Florida. He loves it there, plus he likes messing with all the liberals! Thanks for all the beautiful photos.
 
But....I hadn't been to this post before. So, why, once I added my like to it, didn't the upvote change? :icon_scratch:
Did you refresh the site before looking?
 
The "Upvote" is apparently not connected to the "Likes", I just checked the "Rare gold cufflinks....." topic and there's 22 "Likes" 1 is mine, 5 of which are "Banner" likes, the "Upvote" was at zero a big 0....until I clicked on it at the top, now it's at 1, so others will need to "Upvote"/click on it even if you have already "Liked" it if it needs to get to 60 to make Banner.

Thus explains the issue.

Post in thread '📗 How to use the Banner Finds system on the new software.' https://www.treasurenet.com/threads...ystem-on-the-new-software.661949/post-7003761
 
:coffee2: View attachment 2214358View attachment 2214360View attachment 2214361Good morning everyone. OV. your pictures are amazing. My brother, nephew, & grandson are in Oregon near Portland. My wife and I have been there dozens of times and it it such a beautiful and sometimes almost surreal place. My nephew is an outdoor enthusiast.and fly fisher. He has guided us to so many amazing places over the years. We are due another trip soon & I can't wait. My grandson moved there 2 years ago to visit a friend. He transferred to University of Oregon in Eugene and says the hell with Florida. He loves it there, plus he likes messing with all the liberals! Thanks for all the beautiful photos.
Well your nephew has plenty of rivers to fish, and living in Eugene.... Plenty of liberals!! Go Ducks !!!! Our coast is the world's tourist attraction but we still have "non tourist" areas.... shhhhhhhhh...... :laughing7: :tongue3::laughing9:
 
The fly recommendations I pretty much ignore, because I'm not a fly fisherman. :dontknow::laughing7: The river guide is better.


 
The fly recommendations I pretty much ignore, because I'm not a fly fisherman. :dontknow::laughing7: The river guide is better.


My older brother lives in Oregon City. We meet in Spokane and then travel to Idaho to fish for Cutthroat trout at Kelly Creek. He is an avid fly fisherman. I use a breakdown Shakespeare spinning rod with 6# test. It's rare that he catches more fish than me. Rooster tail spinners. Kokannee Salmon too.
 
My older brother lives in Oregon City. We meet in Spokane and then travel to Idaho to fish for Cutthroat trout at Kelly Creek. He is an avid fly fisherman. I use a breakdown Shakespeare spinning rod with 6# test. It's rare that he catches more fish than me. Rooster tail spinners. Kokannee Salmon too.
Kokannee are one of the best eating fish there is. Used to catch them In BC all the time growing up.
 
Kokannee are one of the best eating fish there is. Used to catch them In BC all the time growing up.
They were small creek fish but yes very tasty. The trout were catch & release. Kokannee you could keep. Fried up at the camp!
 
They were small creek fish but yes very tasty. The trout were catch & release. Kokannee you could keep. Fried up at the camp!
Most of the Kokanee were around the 12", though once in awhile we'd get a larger one.
Looking at this screen grab brings back memories.

Screenshot_20250627_200515_Google.webp
 
Not exactly a banner day at Tahoe today. Tried a spot that's very hard to hunt because it's all rocks and no sand. Lots of people swim there but not with their gold rings I guess.
It was very challenging to bring up the targets from the rocky bottom. $0.40, a token and a couple of lures.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9421.webp
    IMG_9421.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
Not exactly a banner day at Tahoe today. Tried a spot that's very hard to hunt because it's all rocks and no sand. Lots of people swim there but not with their gold rings I guess.
It was very challenging to bring up the targets from the rocky bottom. $0.40, a token and a couple of lures.
At least your out there... i commend you for that... keep it up.
 
I was transferring soils and black earth, Wollastonite to the garden to make a new planting bed.
I was using the skid steer until I saw 2 round balls.
So an unplanned transplanting of the nest of turtle eggs.
So they're protected between the sweet potatoes and the Delia planting.

20250627_120511.webp
20250627_142008.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom