What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I planted blanket flower seeds in my prairie patch the fall before last. I don’t have a single flower. My soil is rich black loess 2’ thick. Native prairie plants love it but the blanket flowers love sand and I have none!😩
I have a bumper crop of Milk Weed growing this year
The blossoms have an amazing scent.
Now I just need some Monarch Butterflies

20250627_121317.webp
 
Nice save on the Cardinal.

I have rescued many birds that have hit the windows. (Even with the decal silhouettes)

It seems if I dip their beaks in water it snaps them out of shock.
Usually after awhile they fly off again like nothing happened.
We get suicidal dove strikes regularly, both in Reno and Vegas. They're always going so fast that they only survive about half the time.
 
We get suicidal dove strikes regularly, both in Reno and Vegas. They're always going so fast that they only survive about half the time.
This guy takes out a few Doves every year.
We heard a big bang one day, the Dove and the Hawk hit the bedroom window.
The Hawk probably used the Dove as an airbag, it sat on the deck for a few minutes, then flew up on the bench.
I tossed the Dove over the deck, 15 minutes later it was gone

DSCN1654.webp
 
But....I hadn't been to this post before. So, why, once I added my like to it, didn't the upvote change? :icon_scratch:

Did you refresh the site before looking?

But.....I'm working on my understanding. Thanks 🌶!

As I posted before, for some reason the "likes" and "upvotes" don't seem to be interconnected, at least they're not in the topic I reference before "Rare Gold Cufflinks" which has now made it to "Banner" and has 47 "Likes" as of now but made Banner at around 37 "Likes".....BUT the "Upvotes" is only at 1 which is my "Upvote", apparently no one else has clicked on the "Upvote" but me and the "Likes" aren't seemly affecting the "Upvote" count.

 
Last edited:
I was told I need a haircut today, hair is rarely down usually in a pony tail... NEVER a "man bun" 'cause I'm not a poo nanner.... I :laughing7: wrapped up my hair in a drill once, bad for the drill as I lost my temper.

viking hair.webp
 
As I posted before, for some reason the "likes" and "upvotes" don't seem to be interconnected, at least they're not in the topic I reference before "Rare Gold Cufflinks" which has now made it to "Banner" and has 47 "Likes" as of now but made Banner at around 37 "Likes".....BUT the "Upvotes" is only at 1 which is my "Upvote", apparently no one else has clicked on the "Upvote" but me and the "Likes" aren't seemly affecting the "Upvote" count.

I got the same results. Still not seeing what "UPVOTES" has to do with anything.
 
I was told I need a haircut today, hair is rarely down usually in a pony tail... NEVER a "man bun" 'cause I'm not a poo nanner.... I :laughing7: wrapped up my hair in a drill once, bad for the drill as I lost my temper.

View attachment 2214452
I'd make fun of your long hair, but since I'm bald as a bowling ball it's really jealousy!
 
I was told I need a haircut today, hair is rarely down usually in a pony tail... NEVER a "man bun" 'cause I'm not a poo nanner.... I :laughing7: wrapped up my hair in a drill once, bad for the drill as I lost my temper.

View attachment 2214452

We have more than one thing in common, I too have long hair, I stopped getting haircuts when I was around 9 years old after my oldest brother decided he wanted to be a barber when he grew up and my father bought him a set of hair clippers, then he got to practice on his 4 brothers, after he was finished with me and I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror I saw I had less hair than the new Marine recruit!!!

I locked myself in the only bathroom we had and told everyone "I'm not coming out until my hair grows back!!", I haven't had a haircut since that day, totally traumatized I was, LOL!!

The second thing we have in common is I also wrapped my hair up in a drill when I was 16, I was at "Tech" school in a Diesel Mechanics class, in the shop drilling a motor mount plate on an engine stand, luckily no one else in the class saw what happened, I did have a couple of friends in the class asked how the hair on one side of my head got so curly!! LOL
 
Coon cat on the property line, a long ways away I zoomed in then saw the other cat! Khoas just watches everything... sit down look and watch everything.... The beast is learning.


100_0037.webp
 


Always said if I Ever got married I'd walk down the aisle to this version of Little Wing...maybe its the wine but damn that guitar, so gorgeous

If... u ever got married
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom