What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Those are really beautiful lillies. They are my favorite plant. I'm thinking about trying to grow a Lotus flower, they are similar but much more difficult to propagate.
I still believe that that inventor of Pac-Man was a Lilly Pad lover.

IMG_9458.webp
 
I accomplished getting the loads done yesterday. But I hoped to do more actually.

Then in the mind of an optimistic person thinks 7 loads.
But that's if I got started at 7 am.
So 6 probably ok, as I finally got to the site at 10 am.
It takes more time for each trip so ok 5 loads.
Reality sets in and I completed 4 loads.🤣

So today it's going to be SSDD. 👍
 
I have to admit that I don’t really celebrate many holidays due to the fact I have to work most of them if not all. So when the neighbors get fireworks they like to let them off over my house. Just like last night was no different from the years before. I’m just not a party person anymore sorry
 
So when the neighbors get fireworks they like to let them off over my house.
We have neighbors like that too, though at least it’s a ways over there so it isn’t right over the house. But on the plus side, we don’t have to burn money on fireworks, just grab a lawn chair and watch theirs.
 
Project wood... Expensive hard to find wood, Curly, Quilted and flame, most of it old growth. Wet to enhance the grain, it would look the same or better stained.

View attachment 2215388


View attachment 2215389
Maple maple and maple?

Tiger might have been the maple grain of a 1660 designed rifle I gifted a friend.

Another that had a polebarn of marvelous tools for gun building some of his own design has moved away.
Among the blocks he had squirreled away was one of birdseye maple. More it was a tight and incredible patterned piece.
Maybe one of those you just admire and never really come up with the ight project for it's such a nice specimen?

I met the old guy when he had a yard sale.
Leaning against a tree was a trade gun stocked in sassafras. Ya it had my attention. A green hue and worm holes. Awesome. And sharing the tree was a Bess. Oh my. The fore end swell on that Bess was a bit enthused for a charge with the bayo but would fill an XX hand just fine. I scarcely escaped with my wallet.
But would in time be in his barn with my own flintlock rifle till it could be fired upside down.
Cripes I might have almost learned some things.

Years later I still wonder if he did anything with that particular block of maple. Not that he had to.
It was nice to ogle though!
 
We had a large party last night. All the neighbors were invited and several came. My step son had 2 K worth of fireworks and the show was great. I just finished cleaning up the paper from all the fireworks. Several people stopped by and told me they sat in lawn chairs and watched the show. We had heavy rain up till about 6:30 so no worries about fires.
 
Maple maple and maple?

Tiger might have been the maple grain of a 1660 designed rifle I gifted a friend.

Another that had a polebarn of marvelous tools for gun building some of his own design has moved away.
Among the blocks he had squirreled away was one of birdseye maple. More it was a tight and incredible patterned piece.
Maybe one of those you just admire and never really come up with the ight project for it's such a nice specimen?

I met the old guy when he had a yard sale.
Leaning against a tree was a trade gun stocked in sassafras. Ya it had my attention. A green hue and worm holes. Awesome. And sharing the tree was a Bess. Oh my. The fore end swell on that Bess was a bit enthused for a charge with the bayo but would fill an XX hand just fine. I scarcely escaped with my wallet.
But would in time be in his barn with my own flintlock rifle till it could be fired upside down.
Cripes I might have almost learned some things.

Years later I still wonder if he did anything with that particular block of maple. Not that he had to.
It was nice to ogle though!
I think the light ones ....2 of them.. are maple the rest Redwood. I will know for sure when the buyer gives his opinion. I'm asking 100 bucks a piece for the 2" thick beauties and the marketplace ad was up for 15 minutes! I will keep book-matched material for guitars, and I have a ton of project wood, and can and will get more!!

mill set up.webp



siding.webp


corn hole.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom