What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I imagine the guitars come out so stunning!
walnut.webp
 
Last year I was detecting at one of the finger lakes called Keuka Lake and you would have loved this awesome driftwood. It was all up and along the shore line and like nothing I had ever seen. It was blood red and deep purple. I don't have any pictures, wish I did. Had a few pieces I made necklaces from but they sold. Idk if it was the type of wood, PH of the water or decaying process but it looked like the shoreline was bleeding.

These pieces would definitely be a beautiful instrument! Thank you for sharing.
 
So what happened to the votes on the likes to the left of each post? If you liked a post it used to show in the left. Now it shows 0

On my computer I don't even see the "likes" that you show, just the avatar and nothing to the left.
I was wrong I actually do see the "likes", I misunderstood where you were seeing this, it's not on "each post" in a topic, instead it's beside each "topic" in a forum section....BUT I only see this in some forums but not all of them, and in some forums read "0" likes but in some other forums they do show some likes, definitely has some glitches!!

Edit:
I now see what going on with this, it's not the "likes" a topic is getting, it's the "Upvotes" the first post in a topic is getting that's this "Votes" beside each topic is showing, it's been said that when a topic's first post got a like it also showed as a "Upvote" but that's no longer happening if it ever did before, you actually have to click on the "Upvote" for it to be upvoted.

Also not every forum/topic has that upvote option, so that why there's no "Votes" showing up in some forums.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for some forums to have the "Upvote" option and others to not have it!

1751765133450.webp
 
Last edited:
Morning everyone
Fireworks kept me up late and I have to work early
When you don't jive with the 9-5 Monday-Friday world you're going to have these interruptions.
 
Morning everyone
Fireworks kept me up late and I have to work early
Waited to get the dogs out for bedtime potty break and fireworks were going off close still past midnight.

It took will power going past multiple fireworks sale places last week while wanting to stop and acquire their biggest mortars to reserve for idiots annoying me with noise late. (Detonate them pre dawn in retaliation).
Obviously there was good reason for me to keep going past those sales places..
(I do have some reserved anyways of course.)

I worked third shift a lot of years. It sucks society-wise.
When I used to leave home at 4 A.M. it really wasn't that much better. L.o.l. Yawn.
 
Found a new trail today with my kiddos that is super promising for detecting. From the sign we found it used to be a golf course many years ago and is now a meadow. Predating the golf course and going further back the creek has heavy history ill have to research more. Headed back this upcoming weekend to hike the full trail with my detector.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom