What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

So far my break is as long as my lunches!! Boss is an asshole though..... I would punch him but knocking myself out would be hard to explain to my wife.

laughing11.gif
laughing11.gif
laughing11.gif
 
Came across a bit of a mystery awhile ago and I'm dying to know ...

Did mystery man Maloy make it?
Thought I'd share someone interesting-

This man last name Maloy or in some records spelled Meloy made his way through the finger lakes seemingly one by one as a known hermit and recluse. Yet he ended up with bluffs and points named after him and prime real estate and acreage he as they say "passed through" between 1790-1805.

There's always a mention that he kept to himself yet appears to have been known as surviving a bear attack. Also noted as a trapper\hunter. Every account I've found doesn't mention family or him having a travelling group or partner.

The last known mention of him I can find he was heading towards Ohio - I've scoured notes from his move east to west and he seems like quite the character. Can't seem to find anything after his last stay on Hemlock and Canadice Lakes.

Did he make it?...
 
Came across a bit of a mystery awhile ago and I'm dying to know ...

Did mystery man Maloy make it?
Thought I'd share someone interesting-

This man last name Maloy or in some records spelled Meloy made his way through the finger lakes seemingly one by one as a known hermit and recluse. Yet he ended up with bluffs and points named after him and prime real estate and acreage he as they say "passed through" between 1790-1805.

There's always a mention that he kept to himself yet appears to have been known as surviving a bear attack. Also noted as a trapper\hunter. Every account I've found doesn't mention family or him having a travelling group or partner.

The last known mention of him I can find he was heading towards Ohio - I've scoured notes from his move east to west and he seems like quite the character. Can't seem to find anything after his last stay on Hemlock and Canadice Lakes.

Did he make it?...
Canadice hermit cabin trap/hunt as far as I found mention.
IF he was still around when War of 1812 brewed or started he might have relocated.
Development seemed fast around 1800 on too.'
Could have became to populated too fast.
Competition for fur and game.

Pa. and Ohio didn't give him up in a brief search.
Others named Maloy turned up. (James in Ohio would have been late teens in 1800. Others much younger.)
 
Oh I see, you see where my sub conscious went ! :laughing7: Lost by a Canadian!! :laughing9:
I'm going with a bad looking pot leaf, and a terrible looking Maple 🍁
 
Good morning.

Yesterday the wild turkeys were getting impatient waiting for their corn, and some of them jumped the chain link and came right up to the back door. They didn't actually knock, but it kinda had that feeling when I saw them. So I went out and gave them some corn. I opened the gate for them but they decided to fly back out. They don't usually come inside the fence.

IMG_3204.webp
 
Good morning everyone

Mornin Evan!

Guess searching for California Tuesdays to find funny pics was going to end up somewhere other instead eventually.(?)

 

Randy's guitar was on loan thanks to Karen Rhoads, I understand that polka dot guitar has a multi million dollar insurance policy ! Don't drop it kid!!:headbang:

Jack Black honored Ozzy Osbourne at his final show with a pre-taped cover of “Mr. Crowley” that was shown on the big screen at the historic event on Saturday (July 5th) at Villa Park in Birmingham, England.
In a callback to School of Rock, Black performed the cover with the teenage sons of Rage Against the Machine’s Tom Morello (Roman, guitar), and Anthrax’s Scott Ian (Revel, bass), alongside a couple more youngsters in Yoyoka Soma (drums) and Hugo Weiss (synth).
Roman and Revel were in attendance at the “Back to the Beginning” concert and appeared onstage to introduce the video — a performance clip that sees Jack Black clad in an Ozzy-themed frilled outfit belting out the classic Blizzard of Ozz track while his young bandmates totally kill it on their respective instruments.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom