What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Here across the bay from Tampa... i can say it was brutal outside... i mean brutal...
When you walk outside the heat hits you like walking into a wet oven.

We have been in heat advisories all week... with a continuance of the same ahead.
 
Highest electric bills we have ever had last couple of months...... and that has some to do with the electric rates increasing... but AC has been churning and churning... so this is that "extra highness".
 
When outside... max is half an hour to 45 and i am dripping... and takes at least a half hour to cool back down.

IF you stay out in it longer... OR IN the direct sun.... 15 minutes and you are done for at least a serious cool down.
 
Definitely the hottest i can remember.
Sun is more intense for sure.
Maybe because i am getting older my tolerance is lower to it... not really sure... but man o man.... i am getting WAY less done outside these days due to having to stop all the time to cool.
 
? ? ?

That was temp... thermometers dont measure humidity silly wabbit.

:P

Um.... our humidity is always crazy high anyway,.
Screenshot_20250728_074331_Weather Network.webp

Oh right I forgot your not with the rest of the world.
Still on the old British measure.
( I am so with you on that)
Screenshot_20250728_074440_Calculator.webp
Screenshot_20250728_074428_Calculator.webp

So we're feeling the humidity up here in the land of dog sleds.🤣
 
When outside... max is half an hour to 45 and i am dripping... and takes at least a half hour to cool back down.

IF you stay out in it longer... OR IN the direct sun.... 15 minutes and you are done for at least a serious cool down.
Whimp.
I'll probably be out for 6-8 hrs again today.
😓 😰 hydrate is the 🗝
But I'll probably loose a pound a day in this heat regardless. 😒
No watering = plants not producing fruit.

Wednesday is the breaker.
 
Whimp.
I'll probably be out for 6-8 hrs again today.
😓 😰 hydrate is the 🗝
But I'll probably loose a pound a day in this heat regardless. 😒
No watering = plants not producing fruit.

Wednesday is the breaker.
Oh sheesh.... and the pepps calls me a "wimp"(correct spelling).... lol...... heh

Ok man.... you and your NO humidity and cool mountain air... and what 80 degrees. ?

:P
 
I am sure it felt like 112-115
We flew from West Timor Indonesia to Sumbawa.
It was so hot and humid. Nobody was outside.
6pm the night arrived.
The world awoke, crazy place to live.
This was the hottest place we ever traveled to.
Checked in the hotel, no A/C!
Fan, large sink of water, get naked, get wet, lay in front of fan. Tried to sleep, till we repeated process.
Screenshot_20250728_075528_Google.webp

The main industry seemed to be was mining salt from the sea.
 
Good morning peeps :) I hope you all find great treasures today :)
 
Oh sheesh.... and the pepps calls me a "wimp"(correct spelling).... lol...... heh

Ok man.... you and your NO humidity and cool mountain air... and what 80 degrees. ?

:P
Screenshot_20250728_071715_Weather Network.webp

Tomorrow
Screenshot_20250728_080548_Weather Network.webp
 
Hydrate... heh...
I am drinking a bottle of water every hour and sips of Gatorade in between.
What's Gatorade? Never had it, probably never will.
I'm trying this one out lately.
20250728_080836.webp
 
Most folks just take a good Celtic sea salt.
Most care it in their vehicles and take a pinch every so often during the day.

I'll go through 3-4 quarts of water a day.
 
:coffee2: Good morning folks. Yes, down here in Florida right now it's HOT! Drinking a lot of water and eating fruits like watermelon and cantaloupe is very good for you in the heat. I'm outside a lot and you have to pace yourself to not overdo it.
Screenshot_20250418-100242_Photos.webp
 
:coffee2: Good morning folks. Yes, down here in Florida right now it's HOT! Drinking a lot of water and eating fruits like watermelon and cantaloupe is very good for you in the heat. I'm outside a lot and you have to pace yourself to not overdo it. View attachment 2218690
Fruit is probably one of the best things to eat in the hot weather.
The rate of my watermelon plants are growing, I'll need to protect them from frostbite. 🤣
 
Mornin all.
Should be dragging the road after the last rain but some matters to tend in a distant village first.
It's in he low 70's F. this morning. Nice. And not for long.
Time I thought about hooking up the drag yesterday it was sticky enough air to say the heck with it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom