What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Highest electric bills we have ever had last couple of months...... and that has some to do with the electric rates increasing... but AC has been churning and churning... so this is that "extra highness".
Every few hours you have to turn off the AC and give it a rest. I just had to turn mine off and water the outside unit. Has to be off for at least 5 minutes so the refrigerant can reset.
 
Hello all! The last time I looked it was 93F here, It has since clouded up and cooled off some. Possibility of thunder storm or light rain this afternoon. Oh, I just looked and it is 87.5F here now.
 
A brief downpour helped with the dust. Ran the chain harrow to and fro 2/10 mile on the road. Road is a little better. Was getting dusty mid span and I left it go instead of dusting homes.
Watched a delivery truck I'd been dodging and it went smooth leaving.

Somehow my grass seeding attempt sprinklers are supposed to be watering landscaping plants and trees too now.
The two out front are not going to do it from thier just right grass seed positions.
Despite adjustments and me trying to jump above streams from the one on my one leg. Which is rather wet from the knee down. Annd my shoe won't be dry for a while.( Nice try jumping though. Better than the multiple times you stood in the way.)
Went through the other sprinklers watering a few times while making adjustments. I might not be dusty anymore.
 
Last edited:
back it up gif.webp
 
A fellow detectorist i encounter during odd 3-4 ish year intervals at a local detecting site has been running a big coil on his AT.
we've hunted together and my less than AT holds it's own ; kind of. He has me on a couple more inches of depth and I.D. maybe.
He is highly experienced for a lot of years. Aren't we all.

If he's running a bigger coil it's likely not for more challenge. (No he's not coin shooting in trash along a metal fence under some metal bleachers under a power line.)

He probably explained his reasoning but the pounded site he might want more depth in. He did say he was tying to get the most out of that model (AT Max) he could.
He still turns up an old coin now and then. He has outpaced me on those . The last one was with the AT Max.
I kinda feel like "bigger" doesn't necessarily mean better. But, going up to a 10 inch coil with the Groundhog made a world of difference. At this point, I'll try it as my last resort. 🤷‍♂️👨‍🦯
 
Every few hours you have to turn off the AC and give it a rest. I just had to turn mine off and water the outside unit. Has to be off for at least 5 minutes so the refrigerant can reset.
I've never heard of doing that. I spray off the outside unit to get rid of dirt about 1 once a month.
 
Good Tuesday morning all. Forecast says it will hit 96 today, and right now humidity is 99%. That should fall when the sun comes up, but still, it doesn't sound like a good day for a picnic.
 
All from the fruit trees in your yard?
No, a friend picked it up from an organic grower in SW Ontario. We just got some for eating this trip.
We have a couple of young apple trees, 1 sour cherry, 1 peach tree
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom