What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

At least cover the window !!

buick.webp
 
What a day! My mom's boyfriend was on his way to meet us for lunch and was rear-ended by a semi a couple miles from the restaurant. His Tundra is completely totaled, he had a massive subdural hematoma on half of his head and face, and was just finally released from the trauma center a few minutes ago, 9 hours later.
Sheesh!
I'm not sure if they're still getting married tomorrow or not, but he is one tough 93 y/o dude!
His truck looked like it was hit by a train.
 
What a day! My mom's boyfriend was on his way to meet us for lunch and was rear-ended by a semi a couple miles from the restaurant. His Tundra is completely totaled, he had a massive subdural hematoma on half of his head and face, and was just finally released from the trauma center a few minutes ago, 9 hours later.
Sheesh!
I'm not sure if they're still getting married tomorrow or not, but he is one tough 93 y/o dude!
His truck looked like it was hit by a train.
Thankfully he's ok. What a bummer a day out from the big day. All the best for them both too 👍👍
 
:coffee2: Good morning everyone, heading to Portland this morning, I hope for nice weather & beautiful scenery.
You know there's a lunatic that gets around there dressed like a Viking right!?🤨
 
What a day! My mom's boyfriend was on his way to meet us for lunch and was rear-ended by a semi a couple miles from the restaurant. His Tundra is completely totaled, he had a massive subdural hematoma on half of his head and face, and was just finally released from the trauma center a few minutes ago, 9 hours later.
Sheesh!
I'm not sure if they're still getting married tomorrow or not, but he is one tough 93 y/o dude!
His truck looked like it was hit by a train.
Sorry to hear that happened to your future stepfather.
Hopefully he'll be able to make it to the service.
 
Morning everyone MX I sure hope and pray he recovers completely.
 
Last edited:
But I bought a truck that sat in a barn for 50 yrs.
I been waiting since 1973 to buy it.
Wow -- you are a very patient man. :icon_thumright:

Nifty old truck. I'm a big fan of old trucks like that.
 
Wow -- you are a very patient man. :icon_thumright:

Nifty old truck. I'm a big fan of old trucks like that.
It was the seller that waited that long.
Heck I would have waited maybe 5 months. 🤣
I'm certainly not all fired up putting a restoration job on the plate.
It's easier to buy a already done.
 
It's easier to buy a already done.
Definitely. My old truck project hasn't seen much road time lately either. (Last time I moved it, I found out it had no brakes. It has been parked since.)
 
Definitely. My old truck project hasn't seen much road time lately either. (Last time I moved it, I found out it had no brakes. It has been parked since.)
Many years ago a friend was indebt with me for a bunch of industrial/mechanical tools equipment.
He offered me a 1948 Cadillac for partial payment.
It was in pretty good shape just sun damaged, as interior/paint.
I thought about it, then asked what else?
That works for me.
20231205_140611.webp

Sometimes it's better to shake the melon back to reality, and go with a sure thing.
53.16g gross of 18K
 
The other day I walked past a lot where a house is under construction with a friend and spotted a perfectly intact point where they had dug a path for the driveway. I ran over and grabbed it, but it was actually a perfectly intact triangular shaped piece of concrete. But my friend thought it was the coolest thing ever so I gave it to him and kept my mouth shut. But now it’s displayed in his room and I don’t have the heart to tell him.
 
Me and the Mrs went to a working flour mill. They were milling Red Fife grain.
On the way home we stopped at our cabinet maker's shop and they had the Tbar roof Camero body on the trailer going in for to be dropped on the frame.
I showed a picture to the father of a toy that I saw that was for sale.
The Mrs saw it, "Well you can buy it for my birthday"
I can do that, no problem 😊 👌

View attachment 2226826
It has around 400 ponies under the hood dear.
No problem.
Well this truck is fully restored.
But the guy gave it to his daughter. 😥

But I bought a truck that sat in a barn for 50 yrs.
I been waiting since 1973 to buy it.
Now I got it, I can't see anymore.
View attachment 2226827
1937 Chev. Runs, all original. Just missing front window clip and glass.
Thinking 🤔

You could visit me in it!

(Old Hobo wisdom suggests not buying anything you have to paint or feed.)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom