What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

😄 That was me 26 yrs ago going up the side of a mountain in an old Land cruiser on a washed out fire track with a stoner off his nut going detecting. It was the steepest incline I'd been on, I felt like I was looking straight up and was waiting for it to tip backwards. Belt was off and hand on the door handle, I said to him "I hope you've done this before!" He said nope first time! It was freaking terrifying! 😵‍💫
 
Went tire shopping today. Most are $1000 out the door. I settled for Discount Tire and got a better deal. Even Walmart was more expensive for 4 tires
Just put 4 all weather tire on the wife's car.
$1400.00
 
Spent the afternoon at the tire shop. Kind of like a visit, but with a bill at the end.
The wife's car rides quieter so she'll be happy.
Took the tires off the Hyundai aluminum rims.
He did the estimate and put a $400 price tag on them since they averaged 70% of the tread left on them.
Got a new tube for the generator cart-no charge.
I actually accomplished a task that I have been wanting to do for at least 8 yrs.

I bolted my vise down to the steel plate that serves as a bench off the end if these steel shelving.
Been using wood clamps to hold it in place.

Yesterday when I sold the car I sold a skid of oak click laminate flooring for $20.00. Been moving it around for 8 years.
Buddy is doing some renovation on the house.
Slowly I'll make some more room in there.
 
Spent the afternoon at the tire shop. Kind of like a visit, but with a bill at the end.
The wife's car rides quieter so she'll be happy.
Took the tires off the Hyundai aluminum rims.
He did the estimate and put a $400 price tag on them since they averaged 70% of the tread left on them.
Got a new tube for the generator cart-no charge.
I actually accomplished a task that I have been wanting to do for at least 8 yrs.

I bolted my vise down to the steel plate that serves as a bench off the end if these steel shelving.
Been using wood clamps to hold it in place.

Yesterday when I sold the car I sold a skid of oak click laminate flooring for $20.00. Been moving it around for 8 years.
Buddy is doing some renovation on the house.
Slowly I'll make some more room in there.
Did the cars you bought run ?
 
😄 That was me 26 yrs ago going up the side of a mountain in an old Land cruiser on a washed out fire track with a stoner off his nut going detecting. It was the steepest incline I'd been on, I felt like I was looking straight up and was waiting for it to tip backwards. Belt was off and hand on the door handle, I said to him "I hope you've done this before!" He said nope first time! It was freaking terrifying! 😵‍💫
That's what whiskey's for !! :laughing7: :headbang:

And if you have a spare 20 minutes......

 
Beat the traffic fiasco today and made it up to Tahoe for a water hunt today!
Today's hunt
IMG_0215.webp
 
Did the cars you bought run ?
Yes, the 2006 Honda goes like snot, but the rockers are rusted out.
I was rally racing around the sugar bush trails, great fun.🤣
The Hyundai is sold to a buddy's son's GF. She wants it to run the kid to the bus stop.
 
Yes, the 2006 Honda goes like snot, but the rockers are rusted out.
I was rally racing around the sugar bush trails, great fun.🤣
The Hyundai is sold to a buddy's son's GF. She wants it to run the kid to the bus stop.
You don't need rockers ! unless it's these rockers..... :laughing7:

honda rockers.webp
 
Dropped into a shopping center today before going into the hospital. First for me, a guy with a stall in the walkway section selling just eggs! :icon_scratch: Nobody was stopping to buy any, weird!
Haven't been to this town in several yrs and good grief the shopping centre was a freak show. Couldn't get out of it quick enough.
Mr egg.
IMG_20251008_124515929_HDR.webp
 
Yes, the 2006 Honda goes like snot, but the rockers are rusted out.
I was rally racing around the sugar bush trails, great fun.🤣
The Hyundai is sold to a buddy's son's GF. She wants it to run the kid to the bus stop.
Is going like snot good or bad up there. Here that would mean bad.
Oh, sitting waiting for the biopsy I look up and see this just above me. 😬 errr they're both dudes.
IMG_20251008_141849581.webp

Forgot to add this one. This is the hospital carpark. Two levels and all the bays looked like this. Unbelievable.
IMG_20251008_154839358.webp
 
Last edited:
Dropped into a shopping center today before going into the hospital. First for me, a guy with a stall in the walkway section selling just eggs! :icon_scratch: Nobody was stopping to buy any, weird!
Haven't been to this town in several yrs and good grief the shopping centre was a freak show. Couldn't get out of it quick enough.
Mr egg.
View attachment 2228222
Some weird stuff going on down your way!
 
Some weird stuff going on down your way!
Aus is gone mate. Its in ruin in the cities. I saw some footage of Melbourne just last week taken by a guy down there its in my opinion fallen.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom