What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning all

Mornin Evan!

1760638972744.webp
 
Well I test rode a KTM 620, guy warned me... It's a wheelie machine ! Holy crap ! If you just think about the front end coming off the ground !!!
 
Well I test rode a KTM 620, guy warned me... It's a wheelie machine ! Holy crap ! If you just think about the front end coming off the ground !!!
Guy I know has some KTM dirt bike. I had a go on it and after feeling the front wheel coming up over and over each time I accelerated I returned after just a couple of minutes saying "that'll do". 😬
 
Leslie Gulch, located in Oregon's remote high desert, is a hidden gem of striking beauty. Renowned for its dramatic volcanic rock formations, colorful cliffs, and unique geological features, it offers a serene escape for hikers, campers, and photographers. The rugged terrain, quiet solitude, and diverse wildlife make it an unforgettable outdoor destination.

leslie gulch 1.webp
 
Guy I know has some KTM dirt bike. I had a go on it and after feeling the front wheel coming up over and over each time I accelerated I returned after just a couple of minutes saying "that'll do". 😬
This thing is lighter and feels like it has twice the power of my old XR650, I think it's a bit much as I will be riding wheelies on the street as I used too !!
 
This thing is lighter and feels like it has twice the power of my old XR650, I think it's a bit much as I will be riding wheelies on the street as I used too !!
Scary. I couldn't believe the power of the thing I rode and it wasn't as big as that your talking about. I couldn't control it. I was never any great rider, ok average I guess, but I was way out of my league on it. Bikes now make things we rode in the 70 and 80s look like toys in comparison power wise. Not for me these days. I came to grief several times on the old ones, id kill myself on these new missiles with wheels!
 
Clear Lake in Oregon looks like something from another world. This spring-fed lake in the Willamette National Forest stays crystal clear all year, with water so transparent you can see the ghostly remains of an ancient submerged forest beneath the surface. The 4.8-mile loop trail takes you through towering evergreens, lava fields, and along turquoise shores that feel magical to walk beside. It’s also one of the most beautiful places to visit in fall, when golden colors reflect across the lake.
• 4.8-mile loop trail through forest, lava fields, and lake views
• Crystal clear spring-fed water that never clouds over
• Sunken “ghost forest” preserved beneath the surface
• Canoeing and kayaking available in summer
• Just up the McKenzie Highway near Sahalie and Koosah Falls
• Gorgeous fall colors mirrored across the lake


clear lake 1.webp



clear lake 2.webp



clear lake 3.webp



clear lake 4.webp



clear lake 5.webp




clear lake 6.webp




clear lake 7.webp
 
Clear Lake in Oregon looks like something from another world. This spring-fed lake in the Willamette National Forest stays crystal clear all year, with water so transparent you can see the ghostly remains of an ancient submerged forest beneath the surface. The 4.8-mile loop trail takes you through towering evergreens, lava fields, and along turquoise shores that feel magical to walk beside. It’s also one of the most beautiful places to visit in fall, when golden colors reflect across the lake.
• 4.8-mile loop trail through forest, lava fields, and lake views
• Crystal clear spring-fed water that never clouds over
• Sunken “ghost forest” preserved beneath the surface
• Canoeing and kayaking available in summer
• Just up the McKenzie Highway near Sahalie and Koosah Falls
• Gorgeous fall colors mirrored across the lake


View attachment 2229568


View attachment 2229569


View attachment 2229570


View attachment 2229571


View attachment 2229572



View attachment 2229573



View attachment 2229574
What a beautiful place. You have some very varied picturesque places where you are. Rivers, lakes, streams, the polar opposite of where I am.
 
View attachment 2229575
Leave some fish for us A-hole tourists !
Perhaps you could meet and greet them at the boat ramp with welcome bags of sweets laced with laxatives. Then tell them as they launch to beware of coming into contact with the Oregon Belly bug algae which is prevelant this time of year. 😁
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom