What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning and happy Friday everybody

Mornin Evan!

1760726928310.webp

 
I’m sure that you checked them with a magnet? I had a guy scam me some coins before
These are better known as Municipal trade dollars. They're made from aluminum, brass, bronze, and probably some are steel.
Generally they're for sale to generate $$$ money for the town/city. A person can use them at the local merchants for a year.
Then they're a zero value, and become a collector piece.
See that most are 50-60 yrs old it bumps the value a tad.
There were some made from sterling from different years. But I'm sure they've been gleamed years ago.
 
110kg! You'd need a trolley to move it around.
I know you could pick it up one hand and carry it on your head but for us mere mortals that's a serious weight.
110kg = 242.508 pounds....Not toy weight, or toy priced ! I could big up the wussy kilogram version.... :icon_scratch::dontknow::laughing7::laughing7:
 
Scary. I couldn't believe the power of the thing I rode and it wasn't as big as that your talking about. I couldn't control it. I was never any great rider, ok average I guess, but I was way out of my league on it. Bikes now make things we rode in the 70 and 80s look like toys in comparison power wise. Not for me these days. I came to grief several times on the old ones, id kill myself on these new missiles with wheels!
KTM 620 weigh 306 pounds, I need something to move me around....I ain't really light... but.... Trail bike with a bit less power. Our forest service roads are being slowly closed down and I can't carry enough prospecting gear on a bike, maybe something that needs a little work, take my time, enjoy the finished product. The local bike shop has a mint 1984 Honda XL 200, good lord what a gutless wonder ! Happy medium is what I need.
 
110kg = 242.508 pounds....Not toy weight, or toy priced ! I could big up the wussy kilogram version.... :icon_scratch::dontknow::laughing7::laughing7:
It really is a novelty for people with deep pockets. Im trying to imagine how long that novelty would last for because there's not a lot you could do with it for very long. Unlike a remote control plane or drone. Would go super slow and push some dirt around, that's it.
Now a fully functioning replica battle tank that fires live ammo, then that'd be a whole new story. Id like that. Or killer drone!
 
Afternoon everyone. Just thought i would say hi before i leave for our high school foot Ball game GO MALVERN !!!!!
 
KTM 620 weigh 306 pounds, I need something to move me around....I ain't really light... but.... Trail bike with a bit less power. Our forest service roads are being slowly closed down and I can't carry enough prospecting gear on a bike, maybe something that needs a little work, take my time, enjoy the finished product. The local bike shop has a mint 1984 Honda XL 200, good lord what a gutless wonder ! Happy medium is what I need.
I remember the XLs they were slugs with 2 wheels! 🫤
Not sure what Honda was thinking back then with those.
Bit like our failure of the century 1970s Aussie Kingswoods (Holden car) with the most ridiculously underpowered 6 cylinder on the road at the time. Ready for its top speed.........130kph - 80mph. That was foot flat to the floor. I don't think too many were used as getaway cars back then 😂
 
I remember the XLs they were slugs with 2 wheels! 🫤
Not sure what Honda was thinking back then with those.
Bit like our failure of the century 1970s Aussie Kingswoods (Holden car) with the most ridiculously underpowered 6 cylinder on the road at the time. Ready for its top speed.........130kph - 80mph. That was foot flat to the floor. I don't think too many were used as getaway cars back then 😂
WHAT about a Electric bike ?
 
Todays gonna be a busy one, rehearsal dinner tonight for my daughters wedding tomorrow. Lots of loose ends to tie up and make sure things go off without a hitch.
Mrs. Bama and daughter have been busy this week getting things in order as well as trying to maintain sanity.
Gotta move TV and ice down drinks and get food picked up and get my hair did for the occasion. Daughters are a helluva chore, but I wouldn’t trade mine for anything!
Here's hoping it all goes well. 👍
 
At the doctors office again with numbness in my legs plus pain. Trying varicose doctor’s this time. Work wasn’t happy I left but when are they ever happy.
Hope they find the issue and a remedy to go with it. 👍
 
So they're the guys you get the slap from. That's the first time here Iv watched them. The voices! I felt like punching my phone screen 😄
The same guy does most of the voices and he wrote/invented king of the hill too !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom