What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone. Like 🌶️J said it’s Sunday funday and I’m going treasure hunting too. Now if I can pick out what I’m going to wear
IMG_1988.webp
Messing with the fish and game guy. Lol
 
Good morning!
With perfect weather here in the central valley of CA, the wedding went great yesterday for my friend's daughter.
Will hang out another day and visit mom and brother before heading back to Nevada.
 
Yeah that would be a hard choice for me. Maybe just go naked?
That's sort of like ..... going commando...of a different sort. :angel12:
 
The drought really has taken a hit on the farmers. I stopped in at a permission today and asked about a field. He has worked it already, so basically close to a plough.
Rough detecting, some of the clumps of dirt were the size of a printer.
Tiny snake buckle, and lock, button, Half Penny Token.
20251019_111424.webp
20251019_101054.webp
20251019_121847.webp
20251019_123520.webp
20251019_123548.webp
 
The drought really has taken a hit on the farmers. I stopped in at a permission today and asked about a field. He has worked it already, so basically close to a plough.
Rough detecting, some of the clumps of dirt were the size of a printer.
Tiny snake buckle, and lock, button, Half Penny Token.
View attachment 2230065View attachment 2230066View attachment 2230067View attachment 2230068View attachment 2230069
Like finding those snake things. 👍
Mate of mine found one in perfect condition and had it gold plated. He wore it on a chain and it looked fantastic.
 
Last edited:
Rained today on and off, forecast rain for the next 2 days. Perfect timing. Got a call to pick up my Gold Monster. Was out the door pronto and on my way. Some heavy showers on the way.
Storm brewing over the Pyrenees near Avoca.
IMG_20251020_115843088.webp

Got it 😁
IMG_20251020_174251108.webp
 
The drought really has taken a hit on the farmers. I stopped in at a permission today and asked about a field. He has worked it already, so basically close to a plough.
Rough detecting, some of the clumps of dirt were the size of a printer.
Tiny snake buckle, and lock, button, Half Penny Token.
View attachment 2230065View attachment 2230066View attachment 2230067View attachment 2230068View attachment 2230069

incredible hunt P.J..

A snake buckle I don't worry about encountering.
Awesome recovery!

Varied in design the snake buckles saw a long military history. U.S. Civil war at least and forward.
Yours mid section I don't recognize.
Often from England, and British used of course....
British horse soldiers had them....
But again your pieces midspan isn't clear enough to me. (And still shows enough I'm not matching it.)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom