What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Well it's our 21st anniversary today.
Together 36.5 yrs
I'm cooking up one if our turkeys.
We did go out for dinner on Saturday to celebrate.
Playing in the shop and found a bi of misc from the way back life machine.
😎 discovery
View attachment 2230164

If there has been doubt in your minds.
This brass block proves different. 🤣
I was wondering for the last 20 yrs where the other 2 Babbits went.
Now I know.

View attachment 2230165
Duck bottle opener 👌

Congrats you two!
 
A reminder to everyone to stay safe whether you’re hunting artifacts or animals. The wilderness can be unforgiving to mistakes and doesn’t care how much of an expert we think we are.

I made a stupid mistake while hunting (animals) last weekend and paid the price with two broken ribs, a knot on my head, and plenty of scrapes, cuts, and bruises. Luckily I didn’t have a concussion or end up here in a pinned memorial thread, but my four day weekend turned into a week of excruciating pain. I was finally able to fly home yesterday.
Good your still in one piece. We live n learn. Still trying to figure out what I've learnt but im sure eventually I'll figure it out.
 
Well it's our 21st anniversary today.
Together 36.5 yrs
I'm cooking up one if our turkeys.
We did go out for dinner on Saturday to celebrate.
Playing in the shop and found a bi of misc from the way back life machine.
😎 discovery
View attachment 2230164

If there has been doubt in your minds.
This brass block proves different. 🤣
I was wondering for the last 20 yrs where the other 2 Babbits went.
Now I know.

View attachment 2230165
Duck bottle opener 👌
Congratulations on your sentence of 21 yrs.
I got life, so far wracked up 42 of it.
 
Congratulations on your sentence of 21 yrs.
I got life, so far wracked up 42 of it.
Myself I’m at 42 as well. Almost lost her 2 years ago and it really opened my eyes to what I’ve been through over the years and now I’m a different person. I actually care about her more than I thought I did. I’ve been cooking and cleaning with her and I still do all the outside work in the yard.
 
Myself I’m at 42 as well. Almost lost her 2 years ago and it really opened my eyes to what I’ve been through over the years and now I’m a different person. I actually care about her more than I thought I did. I’ve been cooking and cleaning with her and I still do all the outside work in the yard.
Brings things into perspective doesn't it.
The old saying "you don't know what you got till its gone". Better to realise like you did, to realise before its gone. 👍
 
Good your still in one piece. We live n learn. Still trying to figure out what I've learnt but im sure eventually I'll figure it out.
Yeh and all your learning is.... upside down !!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Venison is in fridge. I'll fight the freezer tomorrow.
Pole barn resembles a crime scene. Ahh well.
Using a couple lanterns for light earlier out there..
I'll finish clean up tomorrow.



I must if missed the post details.
Buck/Doe, big/small?
Or did the dogs find one 🤣
 
Ummmmmm.........

cat chair.webp
 
Good your still in one piece. We live n learn. Still trying to figure out what I've learnt but im sure eventually I'll figure it out.
Maybe it just takes a while to sink in haha.

I learned-
1) Take your flashlight everywhere!
2) If you’re too lazy to get your light then just pee in the tent.
3) Not all bears have read the instruction manual on how they are supposed to respond.

The worst part was this was last Monday around 1am, nearly 5am before I was on the 4 wheeler getting taken to the car, and as it carried me off my cousin yelled “Happy Indigenous Peoples’ Day!” He’s lucky I didn’t have my bow or I would have toughened up enough for one more shot. Just kidding. Kinda.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom