What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everybody

Just a little silver found yesterday,
IMG_1997.webp
my buddy was the winner with 3 mercs 1 quarter and 1 1937 walker. And his dog really love the run
IMG_1993.webp
 
A reminder to everyone to stay safe whether you’re hunting artifacts or animals. The wilderness can be unforgiving to mistakes and doesn’t care how much of an expert we think we are.

I made a stupid mistake while hunting (animals) last weekend and paid the price with two broken ribs, a knot on my head, and plenty of scrapes, cuts, and bruises. Luckily I didn’t have a concussion or end up here in a pinned memorial thread, but my four day weekend turned into a week of excruciating pain. I was finally able to fly home yesterday.
 
A reminder to everyone to stay safe whether you’re hunting artifacts or animals. The wilderness can be unforgiving to mistakes and doesn’t care how much of an expert we think we are.

I made a stupid mistake while hunting (animals) last weekend and paid the price with two broken ribs, a knot on my head, and plenty of scrapes, cuts, and bruises. Luckily I didn’t have a concussion or end up here in a pinned memorial thread, but my four day weekend turned into a week of excruciating pain. I was finally able to fly home yesterday.
That doesn’t sound good. Did you have a wreck on a 4 wheeler? I’ve never ridden one before but have heard of people getting hurt on them
 
A reminder to everyone to stay safe whether you’re hunting artifacts or animals. The wilderness can be unforgiving to mistakes and doesn’t care how much of an expert we think we are.

I made a stupid mistake while hunting (animals) last weekend and paid the price with two broken ribs, a knot on my head, and plenty of scrapes, cuts, and bruises. Luckily I didn’t have a concussion or end up here in a pinned memorial thread, but my four day weekend turned into a week of excruciating pain. I was finally able to fly home yesterday.

Dang it gal. How many times we gotta tell ya ; don't put a buffalo bull in a headlock...

Yikes! Get well again.

You might better sit with me in the blind.
Lots of snacks and coffee.

( Disclaimer: Forgot my hunting knife on it's flashlight and pistol belt the second evening of the Independence hunt last week and used a Barlow pocket knife and a Kukri to field dress a deer instead. Not quite expert status type work . My hair is about the only thing that doesn't hurt from wrestling.)
 
A reminder to everyone to stay safe whether you’re hunting artifacts or animals. The wilderness can be unforgiving to mistakes and doesn’t care how much of an expert we think we are.

I made a stupid mistake while hunting (animals) last weekend and paid the price with two broken ribs, a knot on my head, and plenty of scrapes, cuts, and bruises. Luckily I didn’t have a concussion or end up here in a pinned memorial thread, but my four day weekend turned into a week of excruciating pain. I was finally able to fly home yesterday.
Dang, hope you feel better. Hunting is definitely dangerous. Keep us posted
 
I made a stupid mistake while hunting (animals) last weekend and paid the price with two broken ribs, a knot on my head, and plenty of scrapes, cuts, and bruises. Luckily I didn’t have a concussion or end up here in a pinned memorial thread, but my four day weekend turned into a week of excruciating pain. I was finally able to fly home yesterday.
Sounds like maybe you rolled a four wheeler, or fell out of a tree stand, or maybe did some grappling with a large animal. Whatever the case, it does not sound good. Glad you're OK (and if it was the grappling, I hope you won).

1760978386404.webp
 
A reminder to everyone to stay safe whether you’re hunting artifacts or animals. The wilderness can be unforgiving to mistakes and doesn’t care how much of an expert we think we are.

I made a stupid mistake while hunting (animals) last weekend and paid the price with two broken ribs, a knot on my head, and plenty of scrapes, cuts, and bruises. Luckily I didn’t have a concussion or end up here in a pinned memorial thread, but my four day weekend turned into a week of excruciating pain. I was finally able to fly home yesterday.
I hope you recover !! Damn !! What.... Were you hunting.... one on one ? Hand to hand ?
 
Well it's our 21st anniversary today.
Together 36.5 yrs
I'm cooking up one if our turkeys.
We did go out for dinner on Saturday to celebrate.
Playing in the shop and found a bi of misc from the way back life machine.
😎 discovery
20251020_132424.webp


If there has been doubt in your minds.
This brass block proves different. 🤣
I was wondering for the last 20 yrs where the other 2 Babbits went.
Now I know.

20251020_131710.webp

Duck bottle opener 👌
 
That doesn’t sound good. Did you have a wreck on a 4 wheeler? I’ve never ridden one before but have heard of people getting hurt on them

Dang it gal. How many times we gotta tell ya ; don't put a buffalo bull in a headlock...

Yikes! Get well again.

You might better sit with me in the blind.
Lots of snacks and coffee.

( Disclaimer: Forgot my hunting knife on it's flashlight and pistol belt the second evening of the Independence hunt last week and used a Barlow pocket knife and a Kukri to field dress a deer instead. Not quite expert status type work . My hair is about the only thing that doesn't hurt from wrestling.)

Dang, hope you feel better. Hunting is definitely dangerous. Keep us posted

Sounds like maybe you rolled a four wheeler, or fell out of a tree stand, or maybe did some grappling with a large animal. Whatever the case, it does not sound good. Glad you're OK (and if it was the grappling, I hope you won).

View attachment 2230156

I hope you recover !! Damn !! What.... Were you hunting.... one on one ? Hand to hand ?

Thanks everyone. We (me, a cousin, and my grandmother) were hiking and about 1am I got up to take care of some business and ran into a bear on the way back. No big deal, I just made some noise and circled around, but I guess from being half asleep and in the dark since I failed to take my flashlight, I circled the wrong way toward a creek and fell down the embankment.

A tree a few feet down tried to help break my fall but instead just broke my ribs. The best I can describe it is if you’ve ever seen First Blood when Rambo jumped into the gorge, this was just on a smaller scale. Then I tumbled the rest of the way through the rocks and into the creek.

I did get to ride a 4 wheeler of a family friend that came to take me to the car (which was miles upon miles away), but it was anything but a pleasant ride. Then I had to wait for him to go back to get my grandma, then nearly 2 hours to the hospital.
 
Well it's our 21st anniversary today.
Together 36.5 yrs
I'm cooking up one if our turkeys.
We did go out for dinner on Saturday to celebrate.
Playing in the shop and found a bi of misc from the way back life machine.
😎 discovery
View attachment 2230164

If there has been doubt in your minds.
This brass block proves different. 🤣
I was wondering for the last 20 yrs where the other 2 Babbits went.
Now I know.

View attachment 2230165
Duck bottle opener 👌
Happy anniversary Pepperj aka good old Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom