What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Auctions, Computers :dontknow: I am clueless on both. Don't own a computer unless my phone counts.
But rain I get. We had some two nights ago and it must have been more than we realised. I went to go detecting yesterday and there was deep bogs full of water on all the tracks. I couldn't get to anywhere I wanted to go and a few times I was backing up hundreds of meters on the narrow tracks to get to a spot to turn around. 🫤
Ended up at a dingus spot which I know no gold came off of and was just a spot the old timers tested and got nothing. Noticed a sign on the way out that another Roo cull is taking place and to stay away from the area. Thats there off limits for a couple of weeks. Was one of those days you think half way through it "I think I should just go home."
 
What does that term even mean? Do they make you "less dead"?

I sure wouldn't want to get hit by that thing. 😱
They made them for people that didn't want to eliminate the threat... just piss them off ! I know a lot of the modifications were for countries that couldn't have "lethal" weapons. That 50 Joule monster shooting a steel ball or modified ghost pepper ball as mine will shoot.... OUCH ! Of course my 12 gauge shooting )) buck, one shot 12- 9mm sized balls.... The laws in a lot of states are going backwards, even shooting someone in your home can still get you charges ! Stupid, stupid stupid !
 
When these came out they were considered "less lethal". 50 Joules ? shoot a .68 caliber ball through 1/2 plywood... YOW ZAAA !!!!!

They flip out here over gel shooters with tiny bird seed size pellets and slingshots, they'd go into meltdown over something like that.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Umpqua Triangle Oyster Beds, The Umpqua River Bar Winchester Bay Oregon.

umpqua oyster beds.webp
 
I did not know that ! Great album !!!!!!

THE MAKING OF TED NUGENT’S 1976 ALBUM FREE-FOR-ALL WAS MORE INTENSE THAN ANY GUITAR RIFF. Midway through recording, lead singer Derek St. Holmes suddenly quit. Nugent was left facing an unfinished album. The unexpected solution came from the producer: he brought in a theatrical singer named Meat Loaf, who was paid only $1000 to fill the void.
It was Meat Loaf’s passionate voice that breathed life into the surprising Rock Ballad: "I Love You So I Told You a Lie." This was no ordinary romance story. The song is a confession full of contradiction, suggesting that sometimes, people lie because they love too much, fearing loss so deeply that they choose to hide the truth. In the context of the album, it felt like an artistic lie. Meat Loaf became the secret voice, a perfect "imposter," helping Ted Nugent keep his promise to the audience while the band's internal structure had fractured. This unexpected twist, coupled with the contrast between Nugent’s ferocious tracks and Meat Loaf's soulful singing, created a unique mark for Free-for-All—a beautiful yet tumultuous memory, forever etched in Rock history.


 
Auctions, Computers :dontknow: I am clueless on both. Don't own a computer unless my phone counts.
But rain I get. We had some two nights ago and it must have been more than we realised. I went to go detecting yesterday and there was deep bogs full of water on all the tracks. I couldn't get to anywhere I wanted to go and a few times I was backing up hundreds of meters on the narrow tracks to get to a spot to turn around. 🫤
Ended up at a dingus spot which I know no gold came off of and was just a spot the old timers tested and got nothing. Noticed a sign on the way out that another Roo cull is taking place and to stay away from the area. Thats there off limits for a couple of weeks. Was one of those days you think half way through it "I think I should just go home."
How many Roos in total would they do in a cull?
 
Going out to lunch tomorrow with a friend :) He fought in the battle of the bulge in `944- 1945 He is over 100 years old :)His memory is FANTASTIC 1!!
 
How many Roos in total would they do in a cull?
Good question. They never disclose how many as the greenies go crazy at the suggestion of just a few dozen being shot. When they do disclose I personally believe its well under to keep the hysteria in check. They're in seriously huge numbers now and every drive you go on you'll see several in our area that are fresh hits on the roads at night. Its also to keep numbers under check from crop destruction.
Given the numbers in the range and surrounding areas here would be several thousand they'd need to be killing I reckon a thousand over the several cull dates to have any impact.
I believe this is the reason for all the flies at present as they'd never be able to remove them all and probably leave them where shot.
You know at one stage several years ago the WWF and Peta spread fake news that Australia's kangaroos were "endangered". Insanity, they never have been remotely endangered. I see mobs of them every day I go out.
Get the clowns to take a drive along the Pyrenees Hwy at night from Beaufort to St Arnaud and see how long they last before being totalled in their super quiet EV toys that the roos wont even hear coming. 😂
 
Going out to lunch tomorrow with a friend :) He fought in the battle of the bulge in `944- 1945 He is over 100 years old :)His memory is FANTASTIC 1!!
That's amazing. Im sure others here would agree in saying hi and wishing him all the best. Say hi from Downunder. 👍👍
 
Good evening saints and sinners !!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: It's almost Halloween !!:headbang::headbang:


I got his welcome to my nightmare album I think when I was 15. I remember my mum saying "how can you listen to that horrible music". 😄
OIP-2582916329.4JApBUA18JhaM7kiGvCEEgHaHa.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom