What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone. Getting a nice slow soaker rain. Had an inch and a half overnight, and it's still coming down. I'm thinking the ground might be getting diggable again.
 
why_oceans.webp
 
:coffee2:
Screenshot_20250418-100242_Photos.webp
Good morning folks, the flooding just north & west of me was bad. Roads flooded and washed away in places. Houses with a foot of water inside. 14 inches in 24 hours. Hopefully it's all past us. I'm not complaining, I'm thankful we missed it.
 
:coffee2: View attachment 2231403Good morning folks, the flooding just north & west of me was bad. Roads flooded and washed away in places. Houses with a foot of water inside. 14 inches in 24 hours. Hopefully it's all past us. I'm not complaining, I'm thankful we missed it.
That’s terrible. I wonder how the middle section around Orlando did?
 
I thought I had asked you this previously.
I noticed in the bids the same j.....g or others are on the bids of similar items. Is this this consign or the bidder?
 
I thought I had asked you this previously.
I noticed in the bids the same j.....g or others are on the bids of similar items. Is this this consign or the bidder?
Logically that is the bidder.... :P
 
Logically that is the bidder.... :P
Can the consignor bid their own stuff up?
Because it looks like there's a trend on same like lots.
I know in certain live auctions its not allowed up here.
I have been in live auctions where that is stated in the terms and conditions. I remember even when the bid was refused for that reason.
 
Can the consignor bid their own stuff up?
Because it looks like there's a trend on same like lots.
I know in certain live auctions its not allowed up here.
I have been in live auctions where that is stated in the terms and conditions. I remember even when the bid was refused for that reason.
No... they cannot.... this is against the auctions policies.
I guess if they were to jump through a bunch of hoops to remain anonymous i guess it could be done... but for what... everything sells at that one cheap to very reasonable etc.

Your paranoid Pepps :P
I could see if something like a 100 dollar coin was selling for 500 + and consistently... that would raise that suspicion. heh
 
Good morning everyone. Getting a nice slow soaker rain. Had an inch and a half overnight, and it's still coming down. I'm thinking the ground might be getting diggable again.
Robert I went out Monday and the ground here was so hard it hurt your knees to kneel on it

BTW Good Morning everyone
 
No... they cannot.... this is against the auctions policies.
I guess if they were to jump through a bunch of hoops to remain anonymous i guess it could be done... but for what... everything sells at that one cheap to very reasonable etc.

Your paranoid Pepps :P
I could see if something like a 100 dollar coin was selling for 500 + and consistently... that would raise that suspicion. heh
Not paranoid at all.
Watch the silver ring lots, same bidder on every lot. $25, then it's bid to make it $35
So the same bidder wants every silver ring lot?
Suspicious
Buy back is at what expense.
Bidding up one's lot, drop off once it gets up there, get get caught on a few.

ARC been playing in the game for 60 yrs. Things get noticed.

Met lots of folks that have others protecting their interests.
 
Can the consignor bid their own stuff up?
Because it looks like there's a trend on same like lots.
I know in certain live auctions its not allowed up here.
I have been in live auctions where that is stated in the terms and conditions. I remember even when the bid was refused for that reason.
Auction I frequent (not Granny's) allows the consignor one bid.
I used it on an outboard motor that wasn't going to make an anywhere near decent sale near auction end..
 
Not paranoid at all.
Watch the silver ring lots, same bidder on every lot. $25, then it's bid to make it $35
So the same bidder wants every silver ring lot?
Suspicious
Buy back is at what expense.
Bidding up one's lot, drop off once it gets up there, get get caught on a few.

ARC been playing in the game for 60 yrs. Things get noticed.

Met lots of folks that have others protecting their interests.
Footnote: when 🌶 showed up at a commercial auction I could hear often the
"Oh shit look who's here"

I would just laugh 🤣

Most that are familiar with the sales term
Buy one with the option.
Meaning who ever the successful bidder was, and they bought the first lot in a same multiple multiple lot, they could take 1 or all the lots.
Example: Military surplus
Trays of Snap-on & Proto side cutters.
10 in a tray
Guys would back off once they saw me bidding.
(Thinking I would take 1or 2 trays)
🌶 how many?
I would just say every one the you have to offer. Depending on the lot this could be 20+ trays of side cutters.
Guys would be like " sell me 1 or 2"
Nope
I don't sell @ at an auction, you know where my yard is.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom