What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good afternoon everyone!

LauraLou56, good to see you back posting. You were missing for a while and we were wondering how you were doing. Welcome back!
 
Good morning.
Well, I'm 66 today. Going to go and see if I can scratch up something from the dirt.
giphy-1789235293.gif

And good luck.
thumbs-up-borat-2279940914.gif
 
Hey guys, remind me- is it more brown means easy winter and more black means harsh? Saved this little bear from the work parking lot the other day- Google says I'm remembering correctly...?
Here, we rely on our reptiles for our weather reports.
If we can pick a snake up like this, then we know its going to be a long cold winter.
s08o192vp1061-3252688252.webp

If when we pick them up and they bite us, well, firstly we get out the antivenom, but then we know its going to be a warmer than usual one.
maxresdefault-1399107370.webp

Its a foolproof method. 😃
 
Here, we rely on our reptiles for our weather reports.
If we can pick a snake up like this, then we know its going to be a long cold winter.
View attachment 2232529
If when we pick them up and they bite us, well, firstly we get out the antivenom, but then we know its going to be a warmer than usual one.
View attachment 2232530
Its a foolproof method. 😃
I can tell the weather by the temperature of a bottle of Rum.

I cannot tell how cold it is outside after drinking said bottle of Rum though.
 
I
I bought a cheap lot of fans at the same sale. 4 Lrg, one old metal box fan and this one by the same name. It's called a desk fan I guess, so quiet the mrs walked by and was said this is going into the bedroom.
The sites claim it's from the 1950's when they made things that lasted.
I still can't believe the asking prices for things.
20251106_113809.webp
Screenshot_20251106_113648_Chrome.webp
 
I
I bought a cheap lot of fans at the same sale. 4 Lrg, one old metal box fan and this one by the same name. It's called a desk fan I guess, so quiet the mrs walked by and was said this is going into the bedroom.
The sites claim it's from the 1950's when they made things that lasted.

Those old fans are awesome. I restored one that my grandparents had in their living room when I was a kid. It is by far the best fan in the house, and we never have to turn it up over the lowest setting.

IMG_1425.webp
 
Didn't find anything worth posting today, but an interesting place and a quiet and beautiful day to spend my birthday.
There were literally hundreds of rock lined tent perimeters that were still just as they left them over 80 years ago!
If you look this place up on google maps, the stars are where the circular roads were. Obviously where the command tents were.

IMG_0343.webp
IMG_0334.webp
IMG_0335.webp
IMG_0336.webp
IMG_0337.webp
IMG_0338.webp
IMG_0340.webp
IMG_0341.webp
IMG_0342.webp
 
Didn't find anything worth posting today, but an interesting place and a quiet and beautiful day to spend my birthday.
There were literally hundreds of rock lined tent perimeters that were still just as they left them over 80 years ago!
If you look this place up on google maps, the stars are where the circular roads were. Obviously where the command tents were.

View attachment 2232547View attachment 2232548View attachment 2232549View attachment 2232550View attachment 2232551View attachment 2232552View attachment 2232553View attachment 2232554View attachment 2232555
Glad you had a great bday adventure!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom