What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Would you Northerners please keep your cold air to yourselves... :P
Temps are supposed to plummet tomorrow...
Might break all-time records even.
Here they say its been the coldest start to November in decades. We've had the heater on day and night. We should be running the air con by now.
 
And.... about another 100 thousand people leaving New York city headed your way !!!
Yeah I've been listening to stuff about that. Sneaky stuff went on there 😉
 
I'll see your .... tomato based stuff with.......



hearty-beef-stew.webp
 
Would you Northerners please keep your cold air to yourselves... :P
Temps are supposed to plummet tomorrow...
Might break all-time records even.
Here you go Captain, take that it like any sock wearing, flip flop wearer would.

Screenshot_20251109_171018_Weather Network.webp
 
Well we got everything picked up, loaded, unloaded. A couple of shelving units up, tool chests unloaded put back as found.
I left the tools in the chests. 2 guys to lift the top box off.
Middle 2 drawer no problem.
Bottom unit 3 guys to get it up a short ramp into the van.
I unloaded and restocked it by myself. Oh I might pay for today's grunting.
Did buy a magnifying light with a weighted base.
Been trying to buy one for years, always went for big bucks.
20 lbs works great.
Be easier to work on detailed things now.

Screenshot_20251109_172815_Samsung Internet.webp
 
Well we got everything picked up, loaded, unloaded. A couple of shelving units up, tool chests unloaded put back as found.
I left the tools in the chests. 2 guys to lift the top box off.
Middle 2 drawer no problem.
Bottom unit 3 guys to get it up a short ramp into the van.
I unloaded and restocked it by myself. Oh I might pay for today's grunting.
Did buy a magnifying light with a weighted base.
Been trying to buy one for years, always went for big bucks.
20 lbs works great.
Be easier to work on detailed things now.

View attachment 2232880

Awesome! That was quite the project.
Tools are good.

Cut more of the oak yesterday that touched the pole barn in it's fall early summer.
Able to drive around with the tractors out back again now. Another short days cutting and I'll be able to fish the other utility trailer out.

Tossing rounds of red oak and maple and having to drag the $@#!^&$%#@!!! wheel chair ahead a foot at a time in the soft earth and leaves and branches EVERY time I wanted to move in the twenty odd yards area of downed trees and setting the saw down to leap frog progress each tug of the &^%$@!@#$ chair wore me out.
Back of the base of right thumb complaining from hitting the brake when slipping the wheel trying to move while pulling with the left arm and my foot. Still looks like I hit the base with a hammer.
Got to where an acorn under the leaves was stopping me. So I quit the chainsaw fun.
Went and nabbed two bucket loads of road fill from the neighbors pile to put in front of the barns service door. Smucked the corner of the building good with the mowing deck while working the fill.
Thought about the rubber mallet ; and instead quietly parked the tractor without sweeping the floor or anything and locked the door behind me.
Barn is still standing today. But then I didn't go sweep the floor or move any rounds of wood off the piles or halve the longer ones (left two pieces wide or wider to save time and fuel ) either.

Enjoyed my lounging to make soup today.

 
Awesome! That was quite the project.
Tools are good.

Cut more of the oak yesterday that touched the pole barn in it's fall early summer.
Able to drive around with the tractors out back again now. Another short days cutting and I'll be able to fish the other utility trailer out.

Tossing rounds of red oak and maple and having to drag the $@#!^&$%#@!!! wheel chair ahead a foot at a time in the soft earth and leaves and branches EVERY time I wanted to move in the twenty odd yards area of downed trees and setting the saw down to leap frog progress each tug of the &^%$@!@#$ chair wore me out.
Back of the base of right thumb complaining from hitting the brake when slipping the wheel trying to move while pulling with the left arm and my foot. Still looks like I hit the base with a hammer.
Got to where an acorn under the leaves was stopping me. So I quit the chainsaw fun.
Went and nabbed two bucket loads of road fill from the neighbors pile to put in front of the barns service door. Smucked the corner of the building good with the mowing deck while working the fill.
Thought about the rubber mallet ; and instead quietly parked the tractor without sweeping the floor or anything and locked the door behind me.
Barn is still standing today. But then I didn't go sweep the floor or move any rounds of wood off the piles or halve the longer ones (left two pieces wide or wider to save time and fuel ) either.

Enjoyed my lounging to make soup today.


Storm was coming and wanted to put some roofing membrane down on the sheshed that getting constructed.
I was holding the membrane down in the valley of the roof. Handed the FatMax stapler to buddy, **CK! He slammed it right on the tips of the fingers.Talk about seeing blue!

For the next 45 minutes I let him know that it still stung.🤣

pht250c_tacker.webp
 
Oh that hurts just thinking about it.
Actually left a black line on the middle finger nail.
Certainly will have to proudly show it off to him on the next meet up.
Look 🖕🤣
 
Storm was coming and wanted to put some roofing membrane down on the sheshed that getting constructed.
I was holding the membrane down in the valley of the roof. Handed the FatMax stapler to buddy, **CK! He slammed it right on the tips of the fingers.Talk about seeing blue!

For the next 45 minutes I let him know that it still stung.🤣

View attachment 2232888
I gave up using those things... except I have a vintage one I'll keep/sell.

These !!!!

Screenshot 2025-11-09 at 17-03-56 grip-rite-roofing-nails-112prcap1-64_600.avif (AVIF Image 6...webp
 
Storm was coming and wanted to put some roofing membrane down on the sheshed that getting constructed.
I was holding the membrane down in the valley of the roof. Handed the FatMax stapler to buddy, **CK! He slammed it right on the tips of the fingers.Talk about seeing blue!

For the next 45 minutes I let him know that it still stung.🤣

View attachment 2232888
 
I hate using them.
Flimsy nails
They make bigger stronger versions, and I can sink one with one hammer strike !
I mean two... tap start... ka boom sink !

Now this is a holy shit do I have to read all of it... which i did guide...

 
Last edited:
This I know AI's description is dead on though. They are probably different in Canadia... regulated toothpick like tin... :tongue3::laughing7::laughing7:

The best roofing membrane nails are
hot-dipped galvanized ring-shank nails for most asphalt shingle roofs, and stainless steel nails for coastal or premium materials to prevent corrosion. For attaching underlayment itself, cap nails are ideal as they spread the pressure and seal the underlayment without tearing it, which is especially important in high-wind areas.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom