What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

A lot of our creeks get flood gold as their water can rise 5-8 feet. Example Wheeler creek. View attachment 2233123I will look for exposed bedrock, and move some boulders and dig a bit. I have claims in Galice Oregon that produce quite a bit this is in the backyard of a client I will be doing a lot of finish work for. So mess a round in the creek.... doors, window sills crown/base trim in the house... you can guess which one will get the most attention ! :laughing7: :laughing7:
Sounds like the creeks I walk to. Should be artifacts in there. So the gold washes off the banks then falls straight down? I need to get a gold pan I guess
 
Sounds like the creeks I walk to. Should be artifacts in there. So the gold washes off the banks then falls straight down? I need to get a gold pan I guess
It does around here washes down the hills, we have mountains that are 1000 feet plus feet higher then the creeks and rivers..... right next to the creeks and rivers. Within a 75 mile drive we have 7 rivers. I can drive inland 25 miles and hit 4,000 feet above sea level mountains.
 
Well hello !!

4 leaf clover.webp
 
Big strippers? Hmmm?
I had to look... No I spelled it right !! and yeh I said I had to look..... :laughing7:

A "stripper" is
a performer who removes their clothing in a seductive manner, typically in a club or at an event. While most commonly associated with exotic dancers, the term can also refer to chemical substances that remove paint or varnish, a machine used in agriculture, or a type of oil well.

We call them exotic dancers.....

"Strippers" is a colloquial term for striped bass, a popular game fish
 
Last edited:
Not sure what this is but a neat big piece of silver with a nice cut amethyst. I thought it was just going to be a dime when I dug it but nope. Cleaned up really nice whatever it is.
Good Evening Crew….
Snow flurries in NY this afternoon..
While most trees have lost their leaves the pear trees are putting on a show..
All the Best
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8054.webp
    IMG_8054.webp
    295.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8053.webp
    IMG_8053.webp
    446.5 KB · Views: 24
Pictures please
Well, I didn't get a striper, but had a real nice day out on the river putting around in my little fishing boat.

IMG_0367.webp
IMG_0366.webp
IMG_0368.webp
IMG_0369.webp


Emerald cave:
IMG_0370.webp
IMG_0372.webp


From outside the water looks dark, but once you're inside it's all lit up!
IMG_0373.webp


How about this sketchy looking catwalk, it's about 50 feet up.
IMG_0376.webp

IMG_0377.webp


A few bighorn sheep.
IMG_0381.webp
IMG_0382.webp


My little dinghy.
IMG_0383.webp
 
They pull 28-32 pounders out pretty regularly. I haven't got one of those monsters yet.
This is the lure we use. Only the big guys will grab these!

View attachment 2233174
That’s a magnificent lure
Best of luck.
Years ago we borrowed a neighbor’s row boat and he gave me his special lure that looked similar to yours.
Off we went up north for pike.
When we got to the motel we asked the owner how’s the fishing and we showed him our lures.
He offered to give us the stay for free in return for that special lure.
The following morning we were on the lake and suddenly a trophy pike had the lure and was burning up the reel.
When we got it near the boat the line snapped and off went the trophy of a lifetime with the lure.
True Story….
 
A little risque.... They are Australian !!! :laughing7: :headbang: :tongue3:


They're playing here in Oz tonight to kick off the tour. Was funny to see the news report on it, easy 80 plus % of the crowd were over 50s. A couple the news guy interviewed were off their faces 😂
 
Good morning all. The magnetic storm last night made some nice auroras in Missouri.

IMG_4398.webp

IMG_4403.webp IMG_4397.webp IMG_4398.webp
 
Well, I didn't get a striper, but had a real nice day out on the river putting around in my little fishing boat.

View attachment 2233175View attachment 2233176View attachment 2233177View attachment 2233178

Emerald cave:
View attachment 2233179View attachment 2233180

From outside the water looks dark, but once you're inside it's all lit up!
View attachment 2233181

How about this sketchy looking catwalk, it's about 50 feet up.
View attachment 2233182
View attachment 2233183

A few bighorn sheep.
View attachment 2233184View attachment 2233185

My little dinghy.
View attachment 2233186
Looks like a great day out. Find any points on that shoreline?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom