What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good food, great dessert, argument about the moon landing, Irish whiskey, football. Brother-in-law putting a serious hurt on my rum stash, talking about old people ailments. Pretty decent day.
So you have a relative that thinks the moon landed somewhere!? Definitely too much rum. Tell him it's still in orbit. 👍
 
All done and in the recovery ward. What a trip, put me in as soon as I got there at 7am, operated at 8, came too at midday feeling like id been hit with a sledgehammer.
I feel like I did 30yrs ago when I copped a massive full on throat punch boxing. 😬
On the top floor now with a view, for about 4 hrs all colours were crazy and alternating every few minutes. Brown chair in front of me was bright green, the sky kept changing from pink to grey. Even the nurses said "that's a new one on us". All good now. Just had the oxygen taken off. Still pumping my legs with compression things but they come off soon.
Hope your pig out thanksgiving day was a good one for everyone, man id kill for a half a turkey right now 😂
 
All done and in the recovery ward. What a trip, put me in as soon as I got there at 7am, operated at 8, came too at midday feeling like id been hit with a sledgehammer.
I feel like I did 30yrs ago when I copped a massive full on throat punch boxing. 😬
On the top floor now with a view, for about 4 hrs all colours were crazy and alternating every few minutes. Brown chair in front of me was bright green, the sky kept changing from pink to grey. Even the nurses said "that's a new one on us". All good now. Just had the oxygen taken off. Still pumping my legs with compression things but they come off soon.
Hope your pig out thanksgiving day was a good one for everyone, man id kill for a half a turkey right now 😂
Good 4 you brother to be done with the cutting, sounds like a wild ride on the pain meds with the color thing...god bless your recovery dude!
 
Good 4 you brother to be done with the cutting, sounds like a wild ride on the pain meds with the color thing...god bless your recovery dude!
Many thanks for that I really appreciate it. 👍🙂
 
All done and in the recovery ward. What a trip, put me in as soon as I got there at 7am, operated at 8, came too at midday feeling like id been hit with a sledgehammer.
I feel like I did 30yrs ago when I copped a massive full on throat punch boxing. 😬
On the top floor now with a view, for about 4 hrs all colours were crazy and alternating every few minutes. Brown chair in front of me was bright green, the sky kept changing from pink to grey. Even the nurses said "that's a new one on us". All good now. Just had the oxygen taken off. Still pumping my legs with compression things but they come off soon.
Hope your pig out thanksgiving day was a good one for everyone, man id kill for a half a turkey right now 😂
Glad to hear.
 
All done and in the recovery ward. What a trip, put me in as soon as I got there at 7am, operated at 8, came too at midday feeling like id been hit with a sledgehammer.
I feel like I did 30yrs ago when I copped a massive full on throat punch boxing. 😬
On the top floor now with a view, for about 4 hrs all colours were crazy and alternating every few minutes. Brown chair in front of me was bright green, the sky kept changing from pink to grey. Even the nurses said "that's a new one on us". All good now. Just had the oxygen taken off. Still pumping my legs with compression things but they come off soon.
Hope your pig out thanksgiving day was a good one for everyone, man id kill for a half a turkey right now 😂
I’m glad everything went well
 
Having to learn to drink my coffee straight black. Getting a blood test done checking on diabetes. Both feet going numb now on and off
Feet going numb is often caused by temporary issues like sitting too long, cold temperatures, or tight shoes, but persistent numbness can be a symptom of more serious nerve or blood flow problems. Causes range from temporary compression or poor circulation to conditions like peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage) and spinal nerve compression.
 
Having to learn to drink my coffee straight black. Getting a blood test done checking on diabetes. Both feet going numb now on and off
I have that, all the time. There's a few causes. Mine is Mortons Nueroma. The nerve going from the ball of the feet to the toes, gets damaged over time which for me was jobs and hobbies that had me on my feet all the time. I first noticed now and then heat in my toes about 6 yrs ago, then now n then numbness. I saw a so called professional who virtually shrugged and said it was probably poor circulation. As it progressed now and then it felt and id be convinced there was some gravel bits in my boots. Id check and nothing was there. Again shrugs. But now scar tissue has built up around the damaged nerves and every day when I walk, sometimes more so that I limp in pain, other times bearable and I can walk almost not noticing it. When you see iv gone detecting or fishing, they've been my better days.
There's no reversing mine just managing it with cushioning insoles and im seeing about getting some shoes that are designed to alleviate the pain. There are some therapies like cortisone injections that they say lessen it for a couple of months and other things. They can op and remove the nerves but then your left with fully numb toes for ever. Even laying here they feel half numb. Its another reason im off alcohol as it can cause inflammation around the damage areas. A couple of times they chased the diabetes thing with me but I don't have that. I kinda have a tripple whammy, Hashimotos can cause peripheral Nueroma, arthritis can which I have severe in my lower back can, and years of work on my feet. Most working like that don't get anything but some like me drew the Mortons card.
Hey, if they test and say no diabetes and shrug the shoulders like I had happen, chase the reason. When I first complained about the gravel now n then feeling it should have been a lightbulb moment for early diagnosis and my damage wouldn't have advanced so far. That's life, can't wind back the clock.
All the best with it mate 👍
 
All done and in the recovery ward. What a trip, put me in as soon as I got there at 7am, operated at 8, came too at midday feeling like id been hit with a sledgehammer.
I feel like I did 30yrs ago when I copped a massive full on throat punch boxing. 😬
On the top floor now with a view, for about 4 hrs all colours were crazy and alternating every few minutes. Brown chair in front of me was bright green, the sky kept changing from pink to grey. Even the nurses said "that's a new one on us". All good now. Just had the oxygen taken off. Still pumping my legs with compression things but they come off soon.
Hope your pig out thanksgiving day was a good one for everyone, man id kill for a half a turkey right now 😂
Hope your recovery goes great.... brother from another mother down under !!!
 
Good morning everyone. Happy Friday. I will be doing my best to avoid anything to do with retail shopping today.
 
All done and in the recovery ward. What a trip, put me in as soon as I got there at 7am, operated at 8, came too at midday feeling like id been hit with a sledgehammer.
I feel like I did 30yrs ago when I copped a massive full on throat punch boxing. 😬
On the top floor now with a view, for about 4 hrs all colours were crazy and alternating every few minutes. Brown chair in front of me was bright green, the sky kept changing from pink to grey. Even the nurses said "that's a new one on us". All good now.
Wow! I'm glad to hear the "all good now" part. Hope it stays that way, and that your colors stay the way you like them. :icon_thumright:
 
Having to learn to drink my coffee straight black. Getting a blood test done checking on diabetes. Both feet going numb now on and off
Agree that can have many causes. I get that sometimes in my left foot and it's always tied to pain in the low back. Doc says it's nerve compression in the back causing the numbness in the foot. And sure enough, when the back gets better, so does the foot. Best to get checked out though.
 
All done and in the recovery ward. What a trip, put me in as soon as I got there at 7am, operated at 8, came too at midday feeling like id been hit with a sledgehammer.
I feel like I did 30yrs ago when I copped a massive full on throat punch boxing. 😬
On the top floor now with a view, for about 4 hrs all colours were crazy and alternating every few minutes. Brown chair in front of me was bright green, the sky kept changing from pink to grey. Even the nurses said "that's a new one on us". All good now. Just had the oxygen taken off. Still pumping my legs with compression things but they come off soon.
Hope your pig out thanksgiving day was a good one for everyone, man id kill for a half a turkey right now 😂
Hoping you heal quickly, well and completely
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom