What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Got any men’s rings in that group like a wedding band style?
I'd give you mine.......just kidding 🤣
Actually not too many, picking up one tomorrow.
Crown 10K
Screenshot_20251129_062639_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20251129_062706_Chrome.webp
 
Mornin all.

Replaced 3 inch cedar mail box post on roadside side hill. Trying to beat todays weather and just used the box and busted up board it was on until I find more lumber. It sits back a bit on the post. No no pics.
A neighbor heard me yelling (cussing) at a vehicle passing without moving over and came out and help. (Helped with mailbox. Not with the cussing.)
Someone had too much fun Weds. night and took out multiple posts and boxes. Then through a yard. And apparently back onto the road after.
 
Just got a call from my mechanic buddy.
He told me he's in the hospital for a bad toe.
It was infected and the emergency Dr. said to go home and quit wasting their time.

He finally saw the family Dr and got on antibiotics but too late.
So it's either the big toe or the foot the decision hasn't been determined 🤔

He's life has been a total country and western hurting song this past 15 yrs.

Play hard, fast living, catching up with the body. He just turned 59 and had 3 knee operations (still not right) 3 major heart attacks. Now this on top of a very nasty 2nd divorce (4yrs) still not settled.
Plus he found his son about 9 yrs ago swinging from a rope behind the shop.

I can hear that tune been played.

Weird thing about it us he's such a great guy. Soft hearted, tough as nails, and gets up every time after a bad event. Brushes it off and then the bat hit happens again.
 
I can hear that tune been played.
Wow. Sorry to hear that. Just goes to show no matter how bad your day is going, somebody somewhere is having a worse one. I hope they can save the foot.
 
Just got a call from my mechanic buddy.
He told me he's in the hospital for a bad toe.
It was infected and the emergency Dr. said to go home and quit wasting their time.

He finally saw the family Dr and got on antibiotics but too late.
So it's either the big toe or the foot the decision hasn't been determined 🤔

He's life has been a total country and western hurting song this past 15 yrs.

Play hard, fast living, catching up with the body. He just turned 59 and had 3 knee operations (still not right) 3 major heart attacks. Now this on top of a very nasty 2nd divorce (4yrs) still not settled.
Plus he found his son about 9 yrs ago swinging from a rope behind the shop.

I can hear that tune been played.

Weird thing about it us he's such a great guy. Soft hearted, tough as nails, and gets up every time after a bad event. Brushes it off and then the bat hit happens again.
Sad to hear. More often than not that's the way it often goes. The worst of the worst roll along unscathed whilst the nice ones get the hammer blows. Hope things in his life turn a corner for the better.
 
Needed to take my mind off my buddy. So it was a scrapper on the fire truck day.

The cab came off, like it or not.
Then I got the radiator out.
Ok lets go after ladder. 3 hrs later 22-7/8 bolts, took the piston blocks apart. 1 1/4" bolts. I used a 3/4" drive socket set and a 5 ft pipe to crack every nut.
Took the hoist cables off.
Showtime....that suck didn't move. 🤣

20251129_124724.webp
 
What an alternative universe you guys live in. 680 bucks in our money for that, id buy one in the blink of an eye if I was allowed to here. 🫤
Florida now doesn't require a concealed carry permit. I still have mine. You are required by law in order to carry, to meet all the criteria that was previously needed for a CCP. We also allow open carry but I haven't yet seen anyone doing so.
 
Needed to take my mind off my buddy. So it was a scrapper on the fire truck day.

The cab came off, like it or not.
Then I got the radiator out.
Ok lets go after ladder. 3 hrs later 22-7/8 bolts, took the piston blocks apart. 1 1/4" bolts. I used a 3/4" drive socket set and a 5 ft pipe to crack every nut.
Took the hoist cables off.
Showtime....that suck didn't move. 🤣

View attachment 2235516
For Larry Curly and Moe. :laughing7:
the-three-stooges-curly-4273547687.gif

Pep's dismantling the old fire truck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom