What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Lures today
Nice fish. I'm hanging out to go detecting and fishing but the weathers way too hot here though. They pretty much shut down when the temperatures rise above the 30s in celsius.
 
Screenshot 2025-12-16 at 15-22-27 current brookings oregon temp - Google Search.webp


Light rain they say..... Around here a monsoon is considered "light" Our average is 80"
 
Taking pictures yesterday and noticed a bigger than usual bee on a sunflower. Its eyes are not rounded like the others that are around several flat edges to them.
Any idea what type? Searches haven't shown me anything similar eye wise.
View attachment 2237455
They could be a hybrid.
Maybe the have Fleyetitus
 
Jimmy Sierra called it good ole Oregon Liquid Sunshine.
A talking SUV ? I missed something.... they look like good "off roaders"

The Suzuki Jimny Sierra is a popular, rugged, compact 4x4 known for its "baby G-Wagon" looks, serious off-road chops (ladder frame, solid axles, low-range 4WD), and cult following, differing from the base Jimny in Japan with its larger engine (1.5L vs 660cc), flared arches, and features like LED lights. It's a highly customizable, go-anywhere vehicle beloved for its simplicity, capable performance in tough terrain, and surprisingly spacious (when seats are folded) interior, often modified for camping and overlanding. Future models (like 2026 concepts) hint at hybrid powertrains and modern tech, but the core rugged DNA remains.


4style_verde_cortado.webp
 
The weird world approaches the 🌶 today.
I'm sitting in the car waiting for my Mrs to come out from getting the accupunture done.
Guy stops, gets out after a few minutes and approaches my window.
Him: What are you doing?
Me: Sitting here looking at my phone, and waiting for my wife.
Him: I have a medical appointment.
Me: So does she.
Him: Well you can pull out and park over there.
Me: Well you can do the same.
Him: I want you to park over there.

Me: I would like you to get of my face and your parking over there.

He complied

I really hate being so polite 🙄
 
The weird world approaches the 🌶 today.
I'm sitting in the car waiting for my Mrs to come out from getting the accupunture done.
Guy stops, gets out after a few minutes and approaches my window.
Him: What are you doing?
Me: Sitting here looking at my phone, and waiting for my wife.
Him: I have a medical appointment.
Me: So does she.
Him: Well you can pull out and park over there.
Me: Well you can do the same.
Him: I want you to park over there.

Me: I would like you to get of my face and your parking over there.

He complied

I really hate being so polite 🙄
He would have been wondering when he was going to wake up from the coma. People suck !!
 
Great song but they never really made it big.



The Rossington Collins Band was an American Southern rock band founded in 1979 by guitarists Gary Rossington and Allen Collins following the 1977 plane crash which killed three members of Lynyrd Skynyrd, of which both had been members. The band included two other surviving members of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Billy Powell and Leon Wilkeson. The band wished to develop their own sound rather than being regarded as a reformed Lynyrd Skynyrd, and toward that objective they hired a female lead vocalist, Dale Krantz, who later married Rossington. The Jacksonville-based band released two albums before disbanding in 1982. Their biggest hit, "Don't Misunderstand Me," charted in late 1980.
 
Morning all...and yes, it's 5pm and I'm just having breakfast. I don't sleep
like normal people... :laughing7:

Strange group, likeable but not.....

A bit much for my ears this early in the day...but I like the music...and agree,
they're some odd folks.
rockband.gif
 
He would have been wondering when he was going to wake up from the coma. People suck !!
Hence my last line.
I'm trying to keep the inner beast calm.
 
Hence my last line.
I'm trying to keep the inner beast calm.
It's a lot tougher to do nowadays. Whats an older gentleman like me to do if accosted by a young punk ? Do I still have the knockout power of my younger days ? The local Sheriff.... he renewed me, wife and daughters CCW permits.... said I would be considered an elder so different rules apply. I have a "cane"

cold steel blackthorn.webp



I have been learning this, you tube as there is no one local for hands on instruction.

The martial art that uses a shillelagh isIrish Stick Fighting, also known as Bataireacht, a traditional Celtic system involving combat with sticks (bata) often made from blackthorn, focusing on strikes, parries, and body mechanics to use the stick's weight and form for self-defense or historical combat. It's a heritage martial art, emphasizing techniques for targeting limbs and the head, with modern practitioners reviving its complex history and techniques.
 
It's a lot tougher to do nowadays. Whats an older gentleman like me to do if accosted by a young punk ? Do I still have the knockout power of my younger days ? The local Sheriff.... he renewed me, wife and daughters CCW permits.... said I would be considered an elder so different rules apply. I have a "cane"

View attachment 2237496
I have a 36% total disability because of my hands.
I have often considered myself fortunate enough to have something that made things equal.

Remember going into my bank and getting a roll of quarters.
Doing laundry again?
Yup, the sock broke.
Still remember the ??? look she gave me.🤣
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom