What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

@Oregon Viking
Got it on my news feed.
Any relation?
Screenshot_20251216-062851.Chrome (1).webp
 
A talking SUV ? I missed something.... they look like good "off roaders"

The Suzuki Jimny Sierra is a popular, rugged, compact 4x4 known for its "baby G-Wagon" looks, serious off-road chops (ladder frame, solid axles, low-range 4WD), and cult following, differing from the base Jimny in Japan with its larger engine (1.5L vs 660cc), flared arches, and features like LED lights. It's a highly customizable, go-anywhere vehicle beloved for its simplicity, capable performance in tough terrain, and surprisingly spacious (when seats are folded) interior, often modified for camping and overlanding. Future models (like 2026 concepts) hint at hybrid powertrains and modern tech, but the core rugged DNA remains.


View attachment 2237477

[ The Jimny has an impressive 8.3-inch ground clearance while the Wrangler has an even more impressive ground clearance of up to 10 inches.]
 
[ The Jimny has an impressive 8.3-inch ground clearance while the Wrangler has an even more impressive ground clearance of up to 10 inches.]
Lift kit....Any damn clearance you want ! Con..... rides like shit !! I have had 2 wheel drives and could drive them where the 4 bys go !
 
@Oregon Viking
Got it on my news feed.
Any relation?
View attachment 2237583
No.... He was a Dane. On my dads side they went back to the 1100's and I'm a descendant of the Norman Viking William the Conqueror, although a distant relative many times removed or some genealogy term babble. Irish on my dads side also. My moms parents were from Ireland, indentured servants... steel mill workers living in Pittsburgh. I'm working on Irish citizenship as my grandparents were born in Ireland. Ireland is slow as I have been working on it for a few years but only casually.
So A wee bit of Viking and a shit ton of Irish ! :headbang: :headbang: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
I have seen some really cool looking tricked up ones here on the road. They're pretty legendary. Perfect detecting car, get in anywhere on our narrow bush tracks. That's what I loved about my Nissan Xtrail 4wd diesel, wasn't too big and went everywhere. Power to weight ratio was the best on road in its day. Had more torque than a Toyota Hilux of the same yr but in a much smaller vehicle. Was a French made 2 litre turbo diesel. Only said goodbye to it because of a stuffed knee, it was manual and on bad days it hurt continually using the clutch. 🫤

Jimmy Sierra was a well known guy for Whites there in Oregon and good detectorist. I spoke to him several times at my work. I have spoken to cars before, especially when I used to work on my own and would skin a knuckle. 😬
Whites in Sweet Home Oregon, now owned by Garret I believe. I have relatives in Sweet Home a few gold gold spots there.
 
No.... He was a Dane. On my dads side they went back to the 1100's and I'm a descendant of the Norman Viking William the Conqueror, although a distant relative many times removed or some genealogy term babble. Irish on my dads side also. My moms parents were from Ireland, indentured servants... steel mill workers living in Pittsburgh. I'm working on Irish citizenship as my grandparents were born in Ireland. Ireland is slow as I have been working on it for a few years but only casually.
So A wee bit of Viking and a shit ton of Irish ! :headbang: :headbang: :laughing7: :laughing7:
Mine are my Father's side came here from Scotland at the start of the goldrush, my Mothers from the Isle of Wight as early settlers. My parents and grandparents both sides were born here.
 
Lift kit....Any damn clearance you want ! Con..... rides like shit !! I have had 2 wheel drives and could drive them where the 4 bys go !
Look cool but they're bone rattlers and the most uncomfortable drive there is. They're really popular here, giant wheels and lifted right up. All driven by yahoos that think they own the road.
 
Look cool but they're bone rattlers and the most uncomfortable drive there is. They're really popular here, giant wheels and lifted right up. All driven by yahoos that think they own the road.
We have lifted pickups EVERYWHERE !!! A lot of stock trucks can run 35" tires. We also have a bunch of souped up cummins diesels and people are making there own Bio diesel at a cost of about a buck fifty. It is hard to believe the power you can get out of those big 6 engines and still get decent mileage.
 
Well I think I had enough sledgehammer duty today. What a frigging hard job getting the brass cap off. 11 lbs of hard brass.

Splitting the sides off the plate wasn't too hard. Just had to watch when the rivets snapped. I had the plate hit my middle finger, the nail is a tad black line now.
There's going to be 135 lbs of sheet aluminum.
I weighed the one side up, all the steel that came off and it added up to 390 lbs, then the solid steel shaft on top.
Now I know why it was a bit heavy to slide around.
20251217_153301.webp
20251217_155033.webp
20251217_164817.webp
20251217_153311.webp
 
Lift kit....Any damn clearance you want ! Con..... rides like shit !! I have had 2 wheel drives and could drive them where the 4 bys go !
Gotta get the rear pig off the ground.
Body lifts don't do that. But you can high center on a snowbank better anyways.

1766032245596.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom