What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Anybody else's internet acting wonky? Started around 09:00 Mountain time. Some sites load eventually, some not at all. I have fiber optic service and its usually near instantaneous. Streaming service is spotty.

Goofy service on multple sites earlier today.
Seems alright at the moment.
 
in the '70's I was looking forward to when I could retire, drink black coffee in the morning with a couple of Marlboros, fry up some bacon and eggs for breakfast, and start drinking beer around lunchtime, (being a day drinker was a goal of mine).... all I got left is the coffee...

Coffee is good!
 
is anybody else running into Amazon delivery issues lately? They used to be 100% on top of things, (UPS), now I get random folk driving up to my rural address at midnight, canceled orders, orders marked "unable to find address"... orders lost in the system. Other times I get what I ordered within 2 hours.
 
I'm no longer in the marawanna business, the grower bought me out. He had to deal with the land use compatibility statement issues, jurisdiction from the Oregon Liquor Control Commission regarding a producer license. I didn't want to deal with that complicated crap. Working with the state of Oregon is a pain in the ass !! I bought the property years ago for a good price knowing it was zoned for farming. I secured the water rights also. I even secured the mineral rights to the creek.
I lost interest in learning about cross breeding, flavors types etc. Specific soils, nutrients... Now a local craft brewery....we have quite a few....is expanding and I might get involved with that.
 
You city folk and your fiber internet. Around here, if things slow down, we just grab the tin can and pull the string a little tighter.
Sure, but I'm in the country and have high speed fiber optic interweb..... and tin cans ? Targets or some play kick the can !!! Hicks !!! :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
is anybody else running into Amazon delivery issues lately? They used to be 100% on top of things, (UPS), now I get random folk driving up to my rural address at midnight, canceled orders, orders marked "unable to find address"... orders lost in the system. Other times I get what I ordered within 2 hours.
Amazon package drop off

https://rumble.com/shorts/v7dtllo
 
Sure, but I'm in the country and have high speed fiber optic interweb..... and tin cans ? Targets or some play kick the can !!! Hicks !!! :laughing7: :laughing7:
Well one needs to start somewhere with the tin cans before dialup service............ :laughing7:
Not everyone has fiber optic internet yet.

Instead of the expression "What the heck is going on'" becomes 'What the Hick is going on'............:laughing7:😉:cat:
 
FBI Probes Service Selling 153M+ Drivers Licenses September 1

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2026/09/fbi-probes-service-selling-153m-drivers-licenses/

A new identity theft service launched on the dark web this week is selling digital scans of more than 153 million drivers licenses from people in the United States and Canada. Based on interviews with individuals whose licenses are available for purchase on this service, it appears to be siphoning images collected by a widely-used identity verification company based in Louisiana. KrebsOnSecurity also has learned that the New Orleans field office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) today launched an official inquiry into the source of the images.
 
Light to moderate my ass !! it's Like driving through a squall, deluge, gully washer, or a torrent.

Screenshot 2026-09-02 at 14-49-28 current brookings oregon rain - Google Search.webp
 
I also pop m100 mg caffeine pills WITH my coffee
That's why I can't have it now. I completely abused it when younger. (Nodoz).
 
Good morning all.

One of the local boys seen hanging out in the yard overnight.

1788426967314.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom