THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning Bart & Jim, just having my 'wake up' cup-o-coffee then off to the fields. :coffee2:

Good morning to everyone, hope you all have a relaxing Sunday.

I'll post anything good that I find tonight... Jim you'll see it sooner. :laughing7:

Dave

Morning bart, Dave, AARC

Let's hope that something doesn't 125BFAFB-CB67-419C-AF20-94537AD90E2F_4_5005_c.jpeg up your hunt today. Good luck!

Good morning peoples

Good morning AARC, bill, ANTIQUARIAN, bart, pepperj

Since most of us are spending more time around the home front. If you're adventurous here's an article on sourdough if you want to give it a shot.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/05/sourdough-starter-science.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

In reading an article one can fall down the rabbit hole so to speak.

Early on in development, species like homofermentative Pediococcus, Enterococcus, Streptococcus, and Weisella bacteria. have been shown to predominate. But evidence suggests that over time, stable sourdough cultures contain mostly heterofermentative LAB such as L. fermentum and L. plantarum, which outcompete less adaptable homofermentative lactobacilli. (In other words, a stable starter tends to have a more sour aroma, and imparts more sourness to breads, than a young, one-week-old starter due to the additional production of acetic acid from heterofermentative LAB.)
I'm now totally :icon_scratch:
K.I.S.S. method in life is good.

I'll be into the final wet sand and polishing, then we assemble and string this baby up. Still might have to hit it with a touch up of clear here and there...people always ask how many cotes do you put on, I always answer " as many as it takes" this is 9 cotes of the highest grade acrylic urethane. I was frankly disgusted with cheap plastic pic guards and large crude electronics cavities. I started with a telecaster and have modified from there. I eliminated as many holes in the front face to maximize the surface area to show case our wood. All the critical electronics and battery compartments have been plunge routed from the back. All wire runs were drilled from the back with extra long drill bits that allow the chuck to clear the wood in the drilling process. Not to many would attempt to spray clear in a sawmill / wood shop. I have been spraying since I was 15 and many people are blown away when they see me spray something in a dirt and saw dust yard with my piece perched up for paint on a trash can !! LOL !!

bart
That guitar body is turning out to be a beauty. :icon_thumright:

Thanks rook....its taken skills from 3 of us here at the shop. Most of the routing and the cutting of the body was done by my partner. All the electronics were picked out by his brother, an electrical engineer and avid guitar player. I cut the tree down and planked all the boards, I did all the rasp work, shaping, sanding and finish work. We have all put in some good work....a true team effort !! Were proud and excited. All the extra clear cote is getting blown on my scrap wood challenge. Been building this sucker for a while with scrap wood and left over finish. still needs a cote or 2 !!

my wife and kid took this video yesterday. SHARK ATTACK !! That's about 5 feet of water just inshore of the 1733 galleon "CHAVEZ"......this guy must be guardian of the treasure. My mentor "marty meylach" told me he found a gold 8 escudo here and dropped it in the ballast after first recovering it. As he tried to recover it a second time it just kept slipping further and further into the tons of ballast....never to be seen again. These big greaters have driven me off the wreck before....they like this spot !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back