What's new

The Treasure of Captain William Kidd.

You are missing the point, you said Wilkins was the most accurate source re the maps. He said the map in his book came from the 'Hardy' chest. So hardly accurate. Why can't you 'manup' and admit he got it wrong? Why are you trying to avoid owning up to this error on your part? Trying to create a smokescreen with all your waffle above?
I said Wilkins is most accurate in regards to the sequence Palmer acquired the maps; what maps were in the furniture pieces and details of discovery by Palmer (e.g., the map in the oak bureau he found while in Arthur Hill-Cutler's shop, while Cutler was present):

Wilkins who got closest to the truth in regard to the sequence and what specific maps came in the two chests, bureau and workbox,
Wilkins got correct: (a) the sequence Palmer acquired the four maps, (b) what specific maps came in the chests/bureau/workbox, and (c), how he discovered the maps. For example, Palmer found a map (parchment) in the bureau in Arthur Hill-Cutler's shop (in the presence of Cutler, likely guided by him), not at his home with his brother as Howlett (1958) incorrectly stated.
Wilkins (1935) is the most accurate source in regards to when Palmer acquired the maps and what maps came in the furniture pieces.
The Del Mar map (two variations) in Wilkins book he drew from his imagination. It even has his name on it as a copyright. It did not come from the Hardy Chest. Wilkins published his book in (May?) 1935 and in July 1935 he clarified as follows:

As to the charts reproduced in my book... I am sure, a reasonable man will recognise that I am not the owner of these charts, and that the owner [Hubert Palmer], who has spent much money on them, will not permit me to reproduce exact details...
The Listener, 3 July 1935

In other words, within a few months of publishing his book he clarified the Del Mar map he drew was not a reproduction of one of the maps in Palmer's possession (such as from the Hardy Chest). He did not have permission from Palmer to copy or reproduce any of the four maps so the De Mar map was a creation of his imagination. He again admitted this in an article he published in FATE (magazine):

The author drew up the treasure map out of his imagination - then suddenly strange things began to happen.
I sat down in my den and out of my imagination I drew a chart a 17th century buccaneer might have produced.
I added a legend for the location of the cache which was totally different from the original.
- "Mystery of the Pirates Chart", FATE vol 3, no. 8 (December 1950), p. 29

Wilkins' publisher wanted a drawn map but he was forbidden to copy any of the maps in Palmer's possession - so what was he to do? He had no choice but to draw a map from his imagination because his publisher was insistent on an illustration but Palmer prevented him from copying the so-called Kidd-Palmer maps. Within a few months of publication he admitted the Del Mar map was not a reproduction but something he made up because Palmer would not allow him to copy exact details.
 
Last edited:
Just pointing out for the reader, Re the Mar Del maps. I have the map in front of me, at the bottom under the title 'KIDD'S SKELETON OR PIRATE TREASURE ISLAND' , He writes (in part); Found hidden in a sea chest he gave in Newgate.........the chest and chart were formally owned by Miss Pamela Hardy.........' SO WILKINS DID SAY THIS MAR DEL MAP WAS IN THE HARDY CHEST! End of!!
 
Just pointing out for the reader, Re the Mar Del maps. I have the map in front of me, at the bottom under the title 'KIDD'S SKELETON OR PIRATE TREASURE ISLAND' , He writes (in part); Found hidden in a sea chest he gave in Newgate.........the chest and chart were formally owned by Miss Pamela Hardy.........' SO WILKINS DID SAY THIS MAR DEL MAP WAS IN THE HARDY CHEST! End of!!
Can you stop being disingenuous? The context was already explained. He did not have permission by Palmer to copy the map from the Hardy Chest so he drew the Del Mar map from his imagination because his publisher was insistent for a map illustration otherwise they would not publish his book. He admitted a few months after his book was published that the Mar Del map was not a reproduction since Palmer refused him permission to copy any of the maps in his possession (including the map from the Hardy Chest). Furthermore, Wilkins added his name as a copyright on the map and it is unlikely he wrote the words you quoted but his publisher added them as a caption.

1762365717974.webp


I am not though sure what relevance any of this has. The fact remains you got virtually everything wrong in your 1996 book because you uncritically copied Howlett (1958). As an example, you falsely claimed in your book the first map Palmer acquired was from the oak bureau and Palmer bought the bureau in 1929. This is demonstrably incorrect. Palmer bought the bureau in 1932 and by then he already had in his possession the maps from the Hardy and Morgan chests; the first map he acquired was from the Hardy Chest, not the oak bureau. On page 9 of your 1996 book, you falsely state Palmer bought the Hardy Chest in 1931, yet Charles Driscoll in 1930 had already published an article on the Hardy Chest. From Driscoll's article we know that Palmer acquired the Hardy Chest in 1927 since Palmer sent a letter to him with this information. I could go on and document dozens more falsehoods and mistakes in your book but I have never seen you publicly admit to the plethora of errors and inaccuracies. It was poorly researched because you copied Howlett without doing any verification of his claims.
 
Last edited:
I get back to 'TreasureNet' every few weeks/months just to see if anyone has seen sense yet. Apparently not! Still all arguing and contradicting each other. I still can't believe that people totally dismiss the fact that the 1795 survey map of JFI is not the template used by Wilkins for his maps. It is so 'bleedin' obvious, and JFI has a key role in this saga. I said Wilkins and 'his maps'. I have always said it. You want more proof? His postcard sketch was found amongst his papers after his death. It is a composite sketch of the three charts and marked 'Confidential' at the top. Nobody was meant to see this. Part of the legend on the bottom reads; 'Legend at base (but not as on my chart). Note 'MY CHART'. This is the proof that Wilkins had a hand in all the charts. Now let us see who is the first to say it is all rubbish! The disbelievers can see this postcard on page 242 of 'Anson's Gold'.
Wilkins draw his own charts so 'MY CHART' is referring to them. The legend at the base to differ between them. If he draw the charts why would he be surprised at the difference. In my view it prove just exactly the contrary that he didn't know the content of the chart before. Also the chart is clearly drawn from memory of the Coral Island map with the only difference the 'Death Valley'.
 
Wilkins draw his own charts so 'MY CHART' is referring to them. The legend at the base to differ between them. If he draw the charts why would he be surprised at the difference. In my view it prove just exactly the contrary that he didn't know the content of the chart before. Also the chart is clearly drawn from memory of the Coral Island map with the only difference the 'Death Valley'.
Yes, it is clear by 'my chart' he meant the Del Mar map. The owner of the postcard (Gjb) also knows this. This is another thing CapnGeorge is wrong about. He is misinterpreting a single line on the postcard to erroneously claim Wilkins was the hoaxer.
 
Just pointing out for the reader, Re the Mar Del maps. I have the map in front of me, at the bottom under the title 'KIDD'S SKELETON OR PIRATE TREASURE ISLAND' , He writes (in part); Found hidden in a sea chest he gave in Newgate.........the chest and chart were formally owned by Miss Pamela Hardy.........' SO WILKINS DID SAY THIS MAR DEL MAP WAS IN THE HARDY CHEST! End of!!
Keep ignoring the copyright. 🤦‍♂️

1762390578638.webp
 
Of course Wilkins' claimed that his map was found in the Hardy chest. He was a habitual Liar! The sequence of discovery may be historically interesting to some, but it does not address the real issue. Wilkins was in direct correspondence with Palmer, so it's not too surprising that he got the dates of the map's discoveries reasonably correct. But just because Wilkins tried to pass off his own hand drawn atrocities as legitimate Kidd maps, it does not mean that he was in any way involved in creating the Kidd/Palmer charts. You do not need a degree in cartography to notice the substantial differences between the drawing style, handwriting, and execution.
 
Can you stop being disingenuous? The context was already explained. He did not have permission by Palmer to copy the map from the Hardy Chest so he drew the Del Mar map from his imagination because his publisher was insistent for a map illustration otherwise they would not publish his book. He admitted a few months after his book was published that the Mar Del map was not a reproduction since Palmer refused him permission to copy any of the maps in his possession (including the map from the Hardy Chest). Furthermore, Wilkins added his name as a copyright on the map and it is unlikely he wrote the words you quoted but his publisher added them as a caption.

View attachment 2232406

I am not though sure what relevance any of this has. The fact remains you got virtually everything wrong in your 1996 book because you uncritically copied Howlett (1958). As an example, you falsely claimed in your book the first map Palmer acquired was from the oak bureau and Palmer bought the bureau in 1929. This is demonstrably incorrect. Palmer bought the bureau in 1932 and by then he already had in his possession the maps from the Hardy and Morgan chests; the first map he acquired was from the Hardy Chest, not the oak bureau. On page 9 of your 1996 book, you falsely state Palmer bought the Hardy Chest in 1931, yet Charles Driscoll in 1930 had already published an article on the Hardy Chest. From Driscoll's article we know that Palmer acquired the Hardy Chest in 1927 since Palmer sent a letter to him with this information. I could go on and document dozens more falsehoods and mistakes in your book but I have never seen you publicly admit to the plethora of errors and inaccuracies. It was poorly researched because you copied Howlett without doing any verification of his claims.
Wrong Wrong, Yawn Yawn. I personally did not make any claims in my book re the discovery of the charts. I didn't have 5 years to spare investigating this, and thank goodness I didn't have to. Anthony Howlett kindly allowed me to use/copy his work. That is obvious. So I didn't falsely claim anything! He is the only one who had the detail right.. As he said, in several of our meetings, he verified all the details of the discoveries from Palmer's own records. He, over a 5 year period had access to all the correspondence and letters so was able to establish the facts. Now, perhaps, can you tell me that you have seen all of Palmers letters? I don't think so. I wish he were alive today so that you could tell him to his face, he's a liar. But you are on safe ground, aren't you, you know he's not with us. Looking at all the waffle you wrote above, in several posts, I suddenly thought 'with a shiver through me timbers', It's not Paul H, is it come back to haunt me?😮. He was aggressive, getting abusive, only he knew all the facts, you can't challenge me, only I have done all the work and got it right, you may bow in my presence, don't you dare argue, I am Mr Perfect with all the answers. I wonder if he's still digging holes on his island in the Indian Ocean? Says it all really. He didn't know anything!
Now let me ask you, and the rest, why you are wasting time on unimportant correspondence; who discovered what when and where? What real treasure hunter really cares about that detail? You have a buried treasure map. Isn't it the idea to find the island and dig at the spot marked X? Nobody seems to be trying to do that! The positives are; you have charts, clearly based on the 1795 map of JFI and you have a lat and long. As always, and trying to help, I even tell you/suggest the key code required to advance. Looks like maybe it's beyond you. Much easier to argue with someone about who wrote what letter and when. Get your heads out of the coral sand and find the treasure. Isn't that what it's all supposed to be about?? I need to go and lie down now. I am leaving TreasureNet to re-visit in a month or two, see if you've cleared the sand out of your eyes. JUST GET ON WITH IT!
 
Wrong Wrong, Yawn Yawn. I personally did not make any claims in my book re the discovery of the charts. I didn't have 5 years to spare investigating this, and thank goodness I didn't have to. Anthony Howlett kindly allowed me to use/copy his work. That is obvious. So I didn't falsely claim anything! He is the only one who had the detail right..
As I already said and you have now admitted - you uncritically copied Howlett without doing any fact-checking or verification of his claims. This was incredibly lazy and sloppy and shows you are not a serious researcher. If Howlett told you the Earth is flat or Elvis is alive, would you have also written those statements? We know Howlett (1958) got nearly everything wrong about the maps. He did not provide proof for his claims and Palmer's private letters to Wilkins contradict and disprove what he stated in his article. Those letters have been published by Gjb and I have access to the scans since I bought his books. Additionally, we know Howlett was wrong because of Driscoll's (1930) article I dug up. Palmer sent letters to Charles Driscoll and they were quoted or paraphrased by him which prove the first chest Palmer acquired was the Hardy Chest; not the oak bureau, Howlett incorrectly claimed. Howlett got wrong all the dates as well Palmer acquired the furniture pieces and got wrong what maps were in each of the furniture pieces. He also got wrong the details of how Palmer found the maps e.g., Palmer did not find the map from the oak bureau with his brother at his home, but in Arthur Cutler's shop, in the presence of Cutler. We know this because of a private letter Palmer wrote to Wilkins, Gjb has published, and I have access to the scan. It is apparent you have not read these private letters and to be blunt are clueless.

As he said, in several of our meetings, he verified all the details of the discoveries from Palmer's own records. He, over a 5 year period had access to all the correspondence and letters so was able to establish the facts.

Based on the fact Howlett got almost everything wrong - there is no way he had access to all of Palmer's records unless he had minimal access and made up the rest. Posters in this thread have repeatedly accused (without evidence) Harold T. Wilkins of being a habitual liar, conman and fraud but it was Howlett who was those things. Palmer's private correspondence with Wilkins largely matches Wilkins account of the maps in his 1935 book. Wilkins is certainly more reliable than Howlett, whose fictional account of the maps does not remotely resemble what Palmer wrote in private. If you are claiming otherwise, you are delusional at best. Wilkins account of the maps in Palmer's possession closely matches what Palmer confirmed during his private correspondence with Wilkins; this makes sense since he met and wrote to him when he was alive (Howlett did not). Howlett never met or spoke with Palmer.

Now, perhaps, can you tell me that you have seen all of Palmers letters? I don't think so. I wish he were alive today so that you could tell him to his face, he's a liar. But you are on safe ground, aren't you, you know he's not with us. Looking at all the waffle you wrote above, in several posts, I suddenly thought 'with a shiver through me timbers', It's not Paul H, is it come back to haunt me?😮. He was aggressive, getting abusive, only he knew all the facts, you can't challenge me, only I have done all the work and got it right, you may bow in my presence, don't you dare argue, I am Mr Perfect with all the answers. I wonder if he's still digging holes on his island in the Indian Ocean? Says it all really. He didn't know anything!
Now let me ask you, and the rest, why you are wasting time on unimportant correspondence; who discovered what when and where? What real treasure hunter really cares about that detail? You have a buried treasure map. Isn't it the idea to find the island and dig at the spot marked X? Nobody seems to be trying to do that! The positives are; you have charts, clearly based on the 1795 map of JFI and you have a lat and long. As always, and trying to help, I even tell you/suggest the key code required to advance. Looks like maybe it's beyond you. Much easier to argue with someone about who wrote what letter and when. Get your heads out of the coral sand and find the treasure. Isn't that what it's all supposed to be about?? I need to go and lie down now. I am leaving TreasureNet to re-visit in a month or two, see if you've cleared the sand out of your eyes. JUST GET ON WITH IT!
You are not going to get close to solving the maps unless you know who the hoaxer was i.e., who drew the four maps in the 1920s. This is why reconstructing the timeline, gathering information on the three main characters (Palmer, Cutler, Dick), doing investigative research to uncover the underlying truth why the maps were drawn and accessing Palmer's correspondence (with Wilkins, Driscoll, etc) is important and has to be done before trying solving the clues on the maps. Instead, like Randawg72 you do not want to do serious research and instead cosplay as Indiana Jones and go around the world to arbitrary exotic island locations (he laughably talked about hiring a drone). You have turned these maps into something almost comical with your approach. 🤡
 
Last edited:
You are not going to get close to solving the maps unless you know who the hoaxer was i.e., who drew the four maps in the 1920s. (he laughably talked about hiring a drone).

If you've already determined the maps to be a hoax, why waste time trying to solve them? I said that I need to purchase a drone. Misquoting your betters in order to slander them only emphasizes your poor ethics and complete lack of research skills.
 
If you've already determined the maps to be a hoax, why waste time trying to solve them? I said that I need to purchase a drone. Misquoting your betters in order to slander them only emphasizes your poor ethics and complete lack of research skills.
Maps are fake. The end. Move on.
 
Hubert Palmer denied anyone to copy or reproduce the maps in his possession while he was alive which as I already noted, explains why Wilkins made up a map (the so-called Del Mar) as a substitute because his publisher demanded a map illustration (he clarified this himself on multiple occasions) for his book. Wilkins was not the only individual who did this. Here is Edwin Teale's map in 1939.

1762478560083.webp

- Teale, E. "New clews* aid search for Oak Island's gold," Popular Science vol. 134, no. 6 (1 June, 1939): 106-109, 226, 228.

*This spelling mistake is in the article title and seems to be deliberate.

Teale said this map was "drawn from the charts of Captain Kidd" and refers to Wilkins book and indirectly to Palmer's maps. Teale's map poorly resembles the Kidd-Palmer maps since like Wilkins he was denied permission to copy or reproduce any the maps owned by Palmer.
 
If you've already determined the maps to be a hoax, why waste time trying to solve them? I said that I need to purchase a drone. Misquoting your betters in order to slander them only emphasizes your poor ethics and complete lack of research skills.
Slander is spoken, not written. I guess every forum has a village idiot. I do not take too kindly to internet trolls making vacuous legal threats and this is the second time you have done it in this thread. Talk about unethical. You appear to be as clueless about defamation law as the Kidd-Palmer maps. Quite frankly you should not be on a forum if you cannot accept honest criticism. Your post I referred to -

Hi Blak bart,
I apologize that this thread has become a forum for ridicule rather than a place to discuss the topic of Kidd's treasure intelligently. I do have an island targeted and I do plan an expedition there. I'm very much aware that even if I'm on the right trail, the odds of success are slim.
I not only believe that I have discovered the correct island, but I have matched some of the geographic landmarks that pinpoint several key locations in which to search.
While I have the means to visit the island, my health and stamina are not what they used to be. I need to sort out the logistics, like arranging transportation, and purchasing a drone. And I want to invest in a new handheld GPS device.

I also need to renew my Visa and get all the vaccinations required before scheduling such a trip.
I stand by my description of this as cosplaying as Indiana Jones. CapnGeorge mentioned Paul Hawkins; like you, he cockily thought he "discovered the correct island" and planned an expedition. He was wrong of course. No treasure found. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. It is the same pathetic story with you people every time. Worse, it is sometimes the case these bogus expeditions dupe people into donating money.
 
Last edited:
Maps are fake. The end. Move on.
He delusionally believes the maps are genuine and were drawn by Captain Kidd in the late 17th century. Over the past dozen pages or so he has rejected and dismissed all the evidence the maps are obvious fakes and were drawn in the early 20th century. There is no arguing with a true believer... His crackpot view is not held by a single forensic scientist, historian, palaeographer or cartographer who has examined the maps and the writing on them. I asked him multiple times to list a single contemporary academic with speciality in maps, palaeography or maritime history who holds his far-fetched viewpoint but he failed to answer. There are none. Even CapnGeorge is probably embarrassed by Randawg72 since even he now recognises the maps are a hoax and hence seldom responded to him. I guess I fed the troll for too long. :sleepy2:
 
Last edited:
Hubert Palmer denied anyone to copy or reproduce the maps in his possession while he was alive which as I already noted, explains why Wilkins made up a map (the so-called Del Mar) as a substitute
I wrote this statement way back on page 1, post #5 of this thread.
Can't you formulate an original thought or idea?
I wouldn't go so far as to call you an idiot. But you are definitely a clown.

1762489570792.webp

Dictionary.com
 
As I already said and you have now admitted - you uncritically copied Howlett without doing any fact-checking or verification of his claims. This was incredibly lazy and sloppy and shows you are not a serious researcher. If Howlett told you the Earth is flat or Elvis is alive, would you have also written those statements? We know Howlett (1958) got nearly everything wrong about the maps. He did not provide proof for his claims and Palmer's private letters to Wilkins contradict and disprove what he stated in his article. Those letters have been published by Gjb and I have access to the scans since I bought his books. Additionally, we know Howlett was wrong because of Driscoll's (1930) article I dug up. Palmer sent letters to Charles Driscoll and they were quoted or paraphrased by him which prove the first chest Palmer acquired was the Hardy Chest; not the oak bureau, Howlett incorrectly claimed. Howlett got wrong all the dates as well Palmer acquired the furniture pieces and got wrong what maps were in each of the furniture pieces. He also got wrong the details of how Palmer found the maps e.g., Palmer did not find the map from the oak bureau with his brother at his home, but in Arthur Cutler's shop, in the presence of Cutler. We know this because of a private letter Palmer wrote to Wilkins, Gjb has published, and I have access to the scan. It is apparent you have not read these private letters and to be blunt are clueless.



Based on the fact Howlett got almost everything wrong - there is no way he had access to all of Palmer's records unless he had minimal access and made up the rest. Posters in this thread have repeatedly accused (without evidence) Harold T. Wilkins of being a habitual liar, conman and fraud but it was Howlett who was those things. Palmer's private correspondence with Wilkins largely matches Wilkins account of the maps in his 1935 book. Wilkins is certainly more reliable than Howlett, whose fictional account of the maps does not remotely resemble what Palmer wrote in private. If you are claiming otherwise, you are delusional at best. Wilkins account of the maps in Palmer's possession closely matches what Palmer confirmed during his private correspondence with Wilkins; this makes sense since he met and wrote to him when he was alive (Howlett did not). Howlett never met or spoke with Palmer.


You are not going to get close to solving the maps unless you know who the hoaxer was i.e., who drew the four maps in the 1920s. This is why reconstructing the timeline, gathering information on the three main characters (Palmer, Cutler, Dick), doing investigative research to uncover the underlying truth why the maps were drawn and accessing Palmer's correspondence (with Wilkins, Driscoll, etc) is important and has to be done before trying solving the clues on the maps. Instead, like Randawg72 you do not want to do serious research and instead cosplay as Indiana Jones and go around the world to arbitrary exotic island locations (he laughably talked about hiring a drone). You have turned these maps into something almost comical with your approach. 🤡
I wasn't going to say this, but a FINAL word, the truth is, nobody really cares about your arrogant rantings, particularly the abusive attacks on Mr Howlett, but if that's how you get your kicks! Your 'you are not going to get close to solving the maps.....blah blah' I solved the maps years ago and its on record but the simple maths key codes may be too difficult for some!! Over and Out! Goodbye.
 
I wrote this statement way back on page 1, post #5 of this thread.
The majority of my post you omitted concerned Edwin Teale, who you never once mentioned. My point of that post was to show other writers did the same thing as Wilkins. It was a common practice at the time given the copyright issue. Throughout this thread you have (baselessly) accused Wilkins of dishonesty for making up the Del Mar map but given the fact Palmer denied anyone to copy or reproduce the maps in his possession, he and Teale had no choice but to make fictional maps since their publishers demanded illustrations. This does not make these authors dishonest; furthermore, within a few months of his 1935 book being published Wilkins in good faith admitted the Del Mar map was not a reproduction because Palmer denied him permission to copy his maps.

Can't you formulate an original thought or idea?
I wouldn't go so far as to call you an idiot. But you are definitely a clown.

Projection-off-the-charts again. You are literally someone with no original idea or hypothesis concerning the maps:

I believe the treasure exists, and that the "Kidd/Palmer" charts are authentic
I only believe the Kidd/Palmer charts were drawn by Kidd.
I not only believe that I have discovered the correct island, but I have matched some of the geographic landmarks that pinpoint several key locations in which to search.
No actual original thought of your own, you just copied Howlett (1958) and Edmunds (1996) to the extent you even described the latter as your "mentor" (funny, since he paid you little-to-no attention in this thread). Howlett/Edmunds erroneously believed exactly the same about the maps i.e., Kidd drew them (in other words they are authentic 17th century maps) and he buried a treasure on an island.* 🤡 The crackpot belief you hold about the maps is not even your own but you took from other non-serious researchers, decades before you. When I asked for you to name a single expert or scholar in cartography or palaeography who shares your far-fetched belief, you ran with your tail between your legs every time. Experts in maps and historical handwriting at the British Library who I have corresponded with and who have examined copies of the maps have determined they are obvious fakes and were drawn in the early 20th century. Are you saying they are all wrong?

*I am aware Edmunds gave up this belief and now recognises the maps are a hoax, nevertheless, he still supported the daft idea the maps were authentic for many years.

Another quote-mine; 3 (the actual definition in law) you omitted:

1762522177276.webp

The main aspect of defamation/slander is damage to reputation. You are a pseudonymous internet troll using a stupid avatar of what looks like a squirrel dressed in camo gear. How can someone possibly damage your real-world reputation? Secondly, even if someone identified your real name by your pseudonym, nothing I posted was defamatory. Describing someone (you) "cosplaying as Indiana Jones", being misguided for "hiring [purchasing] a drone" and a "non-serious researcher" is not defamation since there is no serious harm by those statements. Someone private messaged me to even laugh at your suggestion they were. As I said, you are clueless about defamation law as the Kidd-Palmer maps. Making unjustified legal threats can amount to harassment, and that is what you are doing in this thread like a keyboard warrior; so I actually have a legal claim against you if you want to continue making a bigger fool of yourself.
 
Last edited:
I wasn't going to say this, but a FINAL word, the truth is, nobody really cares about your arrogant rantings, particularly the abusive attacks on Mr Howlett, but if that's how you get your kicks! Your 'you are not going to get close to solving the maps.....blah blah' I solved the maps years ago and its on record but the simple maths key codes may be too difficult for some!! Over and Out! Goodbye.
You never solved anything and in my opinion you are a delusional narcissist. No scholar even reviewed your 2016 book Anson's Gold.

The few reviews of your book on the internet on blogs are overwhelmingly negative.
 
George Edmunds cockily claimed to have solved the maps in 1996 and even boasted he was the first person to do so:

I realised however that a fitting end to the book would be to solve the charts if I could. Well, after 15 years I finally did. The first person to do so.

He was lying of course. Fast-forward to present and even though Edmunds has changed his mind (since ~2016) to recognise the maps are a hoax, he now again falsely claims to have solved the maps despite being utterly clueless and failing to find the treasure:

I solved the maps years ago and its on record...

The arrogance... the narcissism... the delusion.... sadly, this disgusting mindset is prevalent in the Kidd-Palmer map community. Other cranks like Mr. Edmunds who have an inflated ego or exaggerated sense of self-importance have asserted with certainty they solved the maps and are the first to have done so, seeking fame and admiration:

...the British Museum's famous Kidd-Palmer Treasure charts, which I have been fortunate enough to be the first to solve.
- Alan Marshall

The mystery that has baffled historians, researchers and treasure hunters he world over the past 70 years, has, I believe, been solved... I have definitely decoded his charts and identified his treasure island site and cache site on his island.
- Paul Hawkins

None of these people got close to solving the maps despite deluding themselves and boasting they were the first. George Edmunds, however, goes down in history as incorrectly stating he was the first to solve the maps, twice, with two different far-fetched ideas. 🤦‍♂️
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom