This site is not worth being part of

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
dgstorm, you pretty much answered my next question of "Why fix it if it ain't broke?". I didn't know about the security issues you guys were having with the old site. I'm not saying by any means that I'm comfortable with the new site just yet, but a complete security overhaul is definitely a headache. I'm familiar as I am a techy myself(please don't try to recruit me as I'm still doing my stint in the Army :)).

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R E L AX Gentlemen: Let them do their thingie before complaining. While I was happily accustomed to the old TN, I am sure that I will be just as happy with the new format when they get it tuned and I am used to it.

As I have obnoxiously said many times, "Rome wasn't built in a day", but it was worth the wait.

Where-n-in H=== is my coffee post? NO respectable, sane, member of TN should be required to read without a nice cuppa hot coffee ?? but then again, are TH'rs completely rational and sane ????

Don Jose de La Mancha Real de Tayopa

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to add my 2 cents, I quite like the new look. I think, when the bugs are ironed out, other members will too:wink: .I've already changed the settings to how I want them, all I've got to do now is find "Live Posts":happy3:

hammered

So, you don't reply to my PM, but do back this. funny......

Well, I have already had some improvements, so it was worth the ear bending

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I will get use to this eventually. At least the MODs are trying, so things look like they may improve.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure like the colors of the site pretty easy on the old eyes. One thing I'm missing though is when I was on the Active Topic page I just click on a topic and it opened in a new Frame after reading or replying I just closed it and I was still on the Active Topic Page are you planning to do that again? hope so as it's getting a little tiresome pushing the back button.:happysmiley:

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure like the colors of the site pretty easy on the old eyes. One thing I'm missing though is when I was on the Active Topic page I just click on a topic and it opened in a new Frame after reading or replying I just closed it and I was still on the Active Topic Page are you planning to do that again? hope so as it's getting a little tiresome pushing the back button.:happysmiley:

I think that might be a setting in your browser because mine just opens in the same window. I know you can specify in your browser that if you click on a new link it should open a new tab or window. Sounds like yours is opening an entire new window :)

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm diggin' the new site but where is the chat?

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good guys, I know today was a big change, but we've got thick skin and we're here to smooth it all out :)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good guys, I know today was a big change, but we've got thick skin and we're here to smooth it all out :)

Good, I will work through this with you.

You can delete this now if you wish, it has achieved more good than bad, so jobs a good un

Last edited:

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Hey, 49! Just making a wise (or not so wise) crack. No comment about the site. It changed....oh well. Do I quit it? Nope. It's all form over substance. I don't care about the form so long as the substance remains relatively constant. Generally everyone here is good and interesting. I try to absorb the good and ignore the bad. It's the way of the world, it's the way of life. And this change is really small potatoes when put in that perspective. You do what you have to to streamline this site. I'll PM you if I think there's something I really think might enhance the site. Otherwise, I'll post my comments to tremendous finds. I think that's what gravitated most of to this site in the first place. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread