patchythepirate
Jr. Member
Pancho,
I agree with you about the rules, in fact I emailed MS he usually just responds "hope you're having fun' or something generic like that. I posed the question if he was being deceitful (and that I would hope not) in order to sell more books. The rules speak about announcing the finders etc...and the website I believe says "redeemed" ?? technically he could make you wait until Dec. 2007 to "redeem" the token? So I asked if he could say "found" or "missing from site" instead. He has not responded even with a generic message. I don't like how he says no special knowledge and "...anyone who can read can discover the exact location..." (that is deceiving in my book). Anyhow I won't get caught up in all of that. On with the hunt!
As for the pig ciphers...you lost me.
I was thinking about the zip code thing and 25 boxes or 5 to a side ....if you did that there'd be exactly 12 in that type of box. But trying to decode a number box like that will drive you nuts too. I tried plugging in 3 zips that I thought were right and going from there and just fried my brain.
I'll get back with you later guys...gotta run!
Patchy
I agree with you about the rules, in fact I emailed MS he usually just responds "hope you're having fun' or something generic like that. I posed the question if he was being deceitful (and that I would hope not) in order to sell more books. The rules speak about announcing the finders etc...and the website I believe says "redeemed" ?? technically he could make you wait until Dec. 2007 to "redeem" the token? So I asked if he could say "found" or "missing from site" instead. He has not responded even with a generic message. I don't like how he says no special knowledge and "...anyone who can read can discover the exact location..." (that is deceiving in my book). Anyhow I won't get caught up in all of that. On with the hunt!
As for the pig ciphers...you lost me.
I was thinking about the zip code thing and 25 boxes or 5 to a side ....if you did that there'd be exactly 12 in that type of box. But trying to decode a number box like that will drive you nuts too. I tried plugging in 3 zips that I thought were right and going from there and just fried my brain.
I'll get back with you later guys...gotta run!
Patchy
Anyway, she promises to take plenty of pictures and tell me in great detail how the hunt went, so I will be sure to share that with everyone. The anticipation is killing me....only draw back is the weather in South Dakota tomorrow is expected to be a high of 46 degrees with rain and snow all day. She gets bonus points for searching in those conditions. Rock on my fellow hunters







