I think that all of this is funny. I have lasted through a few purges,, there was a time when you had to pay to visit the forums you complain about.. But the bitter complaints were always the same.. "I am offended" "these topics have nothing to do with treasure hunting.. But I llok at them because I have no will power, and I am now offended" pretty much all the same.
But during all of this time, there remains one constant, no matter the thread,, no matter the forum, Someone says something extremely political, and claims that it isn't. If you look closely you can find political bias everywhere, even the long running threads. Sometimes it is as simple as "thank goodness the second forum is gone", sometimes it is more along the lines of " a group that doesn't believe in a government takeover", and other times a simple smugness that some members use when they claim to be highly educated and want to show you why you are inferior in your beliefs.
Now you may think that is an easy thing to point out, But I can tell you it isn't, I have tried in the past. Political correctness precludes the rational deduction it takes to see that these posts beg to be discussed in the daylight.
Here is a simple one I see everyday." Those evil greedy corporations....." Do we have to just suck it up and agree? Yep. because that is one of the political discussions that is a universal truth to the ill informed.
Off My soapbox. Wonder if I need to start pointing out the offensive posts on every thread again? Maybe this time I should go to the mods instead of posting a rebuttal.. But dang it seems to work good when you post a "I am Offended", and follow it up to a mod,, And then follow that up with a note to the owners?