What was the very first thing you ever found?

Re: What was the very first you ever found?

It was a pulltab, probably like lots of other folks here. I wasn't surprised. I had been reading this site for awhile, so I knew it was coming! But if you dig everything, you will get lots of em, and I dig everything. Now if I could just create a market for the things, we would all be rich.

HH
vegasmtl

Re: What was the very first you ever found?

1919 wheat if I remember Right
Been about 40 Years.
Was very surprised but Hooked After

I found a few pennies, a couple of dimes, and my first pull tab.

my first find with the IDX Pro was an 83 dime at about 1", with the XS a harmonica reed at about 3", with the sovereign a 62 quarter and I won't say how deep (But I was amazed!)

grizzly bare

One bottle cap after another. My first reaction was " I don't think there are any coins here".

Funny you should ask, because that first find, back in '81 was one of my best.
It was a fine example of an Indian head penny, 1881, and it was right in my front yard.
The house I was staying in was in an old section of town.
The penny was about 3-inches down.

First day: lots of square nails around the perimeter of my folks house. Did find some change, including some wheat pennies below the old clothes lines. Also found a couple of my old matchbox cars. But I'm fairly sure the very first thing was a nail.

Went partners with a fellow to afford an early whites gold master. We tried it out in front of an old church turned grange hall. First signal right by front door we dug a large key. Reached up and tried it in the door and it opened. Took a look in and then locked it back up. Folks didn't loot and steal as much back in those days.

My very first find was an Aladdin Arcade token. When I dug it out I wasn't quite sure what it was until I remembered seeing someone else here who had found one.

With the 150, a small metal bucket... filled with rocks. I was slightly irritated after digging for so long, thinking it was a time capsule or something cool. With the IDX Pro (funny how the same exact detector is being mentioned on one thread... thanks Grizz!! ;-)), I found a government issued Winchester Westerner bullet that was made around the 1860's. That was my coolest find, thus far!

Bran <><

a cent (penny) I think it was 1978 one -- right out side the front door * while checking testing it --that was with my bounty hunter

with my ace 250 it was a old brass straight type garden hose "twist" type nozzle (about 50 years old) it still works!! after replacing the rubber seal works like a champ. --- this time it was outside near the back door while check testing it .

Pull Tab. I have it glued to a plank.

great stories, just about a month away from getting my first m/d cant wait already having dreams about finding treasures from the pirates down here in florida!

Very first thing I found was a big glob of brazing solder! My reaction was: "D'oh! That where I did body work on my '71 Dodge Demon!"

Actually, I had a Radio Shack (Archer?) kit in the 70's and I did find some pocket change but I don't remember exactly what. It was good for about the first 3/8" depth of soil and then fell off rapidly. :D

Funny, someone just asked me that the other day. I remember it pretty clearly as I was 16 back in 1972 and got my new Garrett and just started detecting when some old guy told me I wasn't gonna find a thing. I swung the coil under the bench he was sitting and dug a 44 merc. Ha, his eyes about popped out as he said that must of been one he just missed some how. That was the only silver I found that day but it was memorable!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back