only to find out I knew nothing.
I enjoy the great outdoors and spend as much time as possible exploring. I found my first artifact when I was five years old and got hook, and have been looking ever since. For me it has been all about the find, but the search to the means is what it all about. There is not a better feeling then to set out on a theory, a hunch, or a vague reference, and find those killer finds. After 45 years of exploring, I still do not tire of looking and exploring, always saying whats around that next bend. As soon as I grow up, I might know who I am, but for now I am just enjoying the journey. I am glad to be apart of this forum, but have obligations to other sites. I will do my best to be an active member here and give my thoughts on how I see it. I no more enjoy telling someone what they have found, is just a rock, but will not sugar coat it. I will also revel in the awesome finds and enjoy seeing finds around the states and beyond. 



Hi everyone,
My name is Rick, and I am in the Charlotte, NC area. I did some artifact hunting a few years ago on a spot close by home, and became hooked immediately. There is something thrilling about pulling a piece of stone from the earth that has lain unseen for hundreds or thousands of years. It gives me a sense of connection to the land, and to our history. All of my finds to date have come from within the city limits, which I think is remarkable. I am a neophyte when it comes to typology and dating of artifacts, but I am learning more every day, and this place is a wealth of information. I hope I can contribute to the board, and educate myself at the same time. If anyone is in the area and wants to get together for a hunt, or to examine collections and trade ideas, please let me know.