WHO WOULD DO THIS?!?

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a hunch about a good possible bottle dump. Had seen the pile of purple and blue bottles from the windows of Amtrak many times. Finally got to go there today and found this!

ForumRunner_20120824_181128.png

ForumRunner_20120824_181150.png

ForumRunner_20120824_181210.png

WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD DO SUCH A THING?!? After drying my eyes (literally. I was upset.) And desperately searching for one they missed, I found this.

ForumRunner_20120824_181453.png

The only survivor I found, and not by much as you can see. Will try later on to dig and look for anymore whole ones. So sad! Well, hope you enjoy! HH and God Bless! (Sniff...)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120824_181524.png
    ForumRunner_20120824_181524.png
    225.2 KB · Views: 158

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those look like the remains of an older dig.
Dig deep, young man!
Carl

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a shame... That Coke Bottle is a beauty even being beat up. I'd start digging it.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I know of a site that hasnt been dug. My grandpas farm had one. No telling how old the original house was, it was bulldozed by new owners. But just over the hill at the top of the trail was a fairly large dump. Anyone in SE Ohio I can get you the location. There is probably many sites just like that. One particular story involved 55 gallon drums full of coins.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a dump on a homestead. most were broken, but on digging I did find some keepers. around here kids (not knowing there is value in "trash") used the bottles as target practice. I would say that is what happened to yours. not bad, just sad.

YoungBlood

Sep 18, 2012
What makes me mad is all the pipelines going in in my area. The pipeline wouldn't be bad but they don't care about the history. They have destroyed Native American burials, camps, artifacts, and tons more. There was a late 1700s ghost town full of bottles, tools, buildings, stories, graves, memories, etc and they destroyed it all!!!

Last edited:

YoungBlood

Sep 18, 2012
YoungBlood said:
What makes me mad is all the pipelines going in in my area. The pipeline wouldn't be bad but they don't care about the history. They have destroyed Native American burials, camps, artifacts, and tons more. There was a late 1700s ghost town full of bottles, tools, buildings, stories, graves, memories, etc and they destroyed it all!!!

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes me want to become a pirate of sorts, and it pisses me off to hear or read stories like that.

If I ever hear of this happening in my neck of the woods. Rest assured, that I will be there emptying everything out, just to save it from the jackasses who don't care.

Eureka!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread