What's new

would love to see any and all "heartbreakers"

outlawatheart

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
815
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
DSC09514.webpDSC09517.webprecent... It must have been a very fine head!
 
Upvote 0
The disc kills most of mine. Most you will never know what they use to be. In the bucket which is 3 inches deep so far of worked pieces that are unidentifiable.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4558.webp
    100_4558.webp
    161.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_4559.webp
    100_4559.webp
    155.2 KB · Views: 96
Some more.
 

Attachments

  • gorgy.webp
    gorgy.webp
    33 KB · Views: 83
  • !cid__IMG01002-20110327-1413.webp
    !cid__IMG01002-20110327-1413.webp
    116.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20130216_120126.webp
    IMG_20130216_120126.webp
    185.9 KB · Views: 104
  • !cid__IMG01011-20110329-1333.webp
    !cid__IMG01011-20110329-1333.webp
    93.9 KB · Views: 81
Slate.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20131121_113346.webp
    IMG_20131121_113346.webp
    894.4 KB · Views: 94
  • !cid__IMG01024-20110407-1010.webp
    !cid__IMG01024-20110407-1010.webp
    170 KB · Views: 89
  • !cid__IMG01086-20110416-1203.webp
    !cid__IMG01086-20110416-1203.webp
    126.7 KB · Views: 78
  • !cid__IMG01182-20110517-1121.webp
    !cid__IMG01182-20110517-1121.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 80
I have posted some of these before.
 

Attachments

  • Backhalf.webp
    Backhalf.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Broken Bannerstone.webp
    Broken Bannerstone.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Broken Celt (Bottom).webp
    Broken Celt (Bottom).webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Broken celt (Top).webp
    Broken celt (Top).webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Stone bowl (1).webp
    Stone bowl (1).webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Stone bowl.webp
    Stone bowl.webp
    35 KB · Views: 83
  • Neckless.webp
    Neckless.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 82
Is that a stem to a Stanley?

I've been calling it a Savannah River. A very large one at that. I don't know that we have any points here in SW Georgia that are referred to as Stanleys. I would entertain another collectors opinion of what that type of point is called in this region. I found that back half many years ago laying in a freshly plowed field, sticking out of a row in such a way that it looked like it could be whole. No point in repeating what I said when it came out broke. Wasn't too nice. But it is an old break.
 
I've been calling it a Savannah River. A very large one at that. I don't know that we have any points here in SW Georgia that are referred to as Stanleys. I would entertain another collectors opinion of what that type of point is called in this region. I found that back half many years ago laying in a freshly plowed field, sticking out of a row in such a way that it looked like it could be whole. No point in repeating what I said when it came out broke. Wasn't too nice. But it is an old break.

That is very similar to the one I found. Yours is maybe a little better workmanship. Cool steatite bowl and gorget too. I think I would have to send that gorget to Gomer.
 
I've been calling it a Savannah River. A very large one at that. I don't know that we have any points here in SW Georgia that are referred to as Stanleys. I would entertain another collectors opinion of what that type of point is called in this region. I found that back half many years ago laying in a freshly plowed field, sticking out of a row in such a way that it looked like it could be whole. No point in repeating what I said when it came out broke. Wasn't too nice. But it is an old break.

It could be a Savannah river variant. It looks like this Stanly stem that I found. It's a heart breaker.

image-813426312.webp



image-1141332785.webp
 
Most of these are bases of points. Black was the choice flint in my area.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4570.webp
    100_4570.webp
    127.9 KB · Views: 78
Looks like hornstone.
 
The one on the top I believe is a match but missing a tiny bit so no perfect match. Cant even glue it back together.
 
Broke dovetail from last Thursday, Flint Ridge.
 

Attachments

  • unnamed.webp
    unnamed.webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 79
DSC09549.webpwas told a couple of these were kirk snap base but that's another thread...lol!
 
Looks like hornstone.

Is it a known GA type of flint? I found all of these in a field here after the disc got them. I find all different types of flint types in this area.
 
here are a few brokes that I found recentlyDSC09698.webpthe little white dove would have been a sweetie
 
....our "almost" quartz arrowhead...:( RSCN3339.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom