What's new

1652 OAK TREE SHILLING NOE-3 VERY RARE

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
6,690
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
1
Location
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
1652 OAK TREE SHILLING NOE-3 'VERY RARE'

Hi All, I haven't been out hunting lately, got a couple snowstorms up here in NH, and it's been cold & windy :-\
Yesterday, I braved the weather and returned to the site where I found my Pine Tree Shilling. within 10 minutes I found another Mass Shilling! This looks like an Oak Tree, it was setting just under the surface among the rocks, tree side up. as with most of my surface finds, the side facing up is toasted, I can still see the "M" of Masathvsets, and a few of the spikey branches. The Reverse is a little better, date & XII clear,
(which isn't the minting date, for political reasons, most Mass coinage used this date from 1660-1690, I think the Oaks were 1670s)
you can read about this interesting story here: http://www.coins.nd.edu/ColCoin/ColCoinContents/Contents01.html
Anyone know what this toasty 22mm Copper might be?
thanks to Dwayne Suehno for the Woods Hibernia Farthing ID :wink:
Well, Just shows there's quite a few of these old silvers left out there!
A Big Thanks To Mike at WWW.WOODLANDETECTORS.COM , Without his help I wouldn't even be Diggin!
HH Everyone! Herbie. :hello:
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 03-05 008 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 008 copy.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,220
  • NH FINDS 03-05 009 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 009 copy.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,131
  • NH FINDS 03-05 020 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 020 copy.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,107
  • NH FINDS 03-05 020.1 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 020.1 copy.webp
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,188
  • NH FINDS 03-05 012.1.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 012.1.webp
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,190
  • NH FINDS 03-05 020.1 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 020.1 copy.webp
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,133
  • NH FINDS 03-05 020 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 020 copy.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,048
  • NH FINDS 03-05 009 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 009 copy.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,074
  • NH FINDS 03-05 008 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 008 copy.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,033
  • NH FINDS 03-05 011 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 011 copy.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,134
Upvote 0
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

:o Speechless! You've got to go back, there's got to be more. Congratulations!!!! :hello2:
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

quote author=gleaner1 link=topic=456539.msg3242545#msg3242545 date=1331092004]
Ha...I was the guy that said not another to be seen for a good long time. Man, was I wrong. Stupendous banner hit :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
[/quote]
oldsalty19 said:
excellent finds. :notworthy:
JimDon said:
Two once in a life time finds in a month! That just ain't fair! Just for that I am hitting you with a BANNER!
BuckleBoy said:
Banner nomination sent.
jeff of pa said:
Dosn't look like the ground was too nice to
them, But Nice Finds :icon_thumleft:
dfx willy said:
ther ya go herbie! my buddy has a spot in a neiboring state were these have been found. (ive witnessed it) and i know that there was more than one found. go back and go slow. :icon_sunny: willy
Deepdiger60 said:
Minime said:
:o Speechless! You've got to go back, there's got to be more. Congratulations!!!! :hello2:

Thanks Everyone for your replies and recognition :notworthy:
Mike, If you hadn't started me on this Digging thing, I certainly wouldn't be finding stuff like this!
No one else takes care of their customers like you ;D


Woodland Detectors said:
I'm still speechless Herbie. Once again you have come up with yet another banner recovery. I'm happy for you buddy. You have my vote here, and it will also make banner at www.justgodetecting.com :icon_thumleft:

:headbang:
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 03-05 020.1 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 020.1 copy.webp
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,619
  • NH FINDS 03-05 020 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 020 copy.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,527
  • NH FINDS 03-05 009 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 009 copy.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,531
  • NH FINDS 03-05 008 copy.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 008 copy.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,469
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

Amazing find :hello2:

Looks like you got yourself a nice spot there :icon_thumleft:



Blaze
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

Thanks Johnnie,
Looking forward to your next set of goodies! HH :hello:
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

Not a banner yet??? something wrong with this picture.....
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

Holey Mackere!!!! an Oak Tree :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o the significance of two tree coins dug can hardly be overstated. BANNER :notworthy: [size=12pt] dawg
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

CMDiamonddawg said:
Holey Mackere!!!! an Oak Tree :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o the significance of two tree coins dug can hardly be overstated. BANNER :notworthy: [size=12pt] dawg

I am humbled by all the recognition from the Best MD'ers around :notworthy:
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

The Patriot said:
Not a banner yet??? something wrong with this picture.....

Ah ? Yes the Pictures.

I Think they are Awsome Finds !
But would look like slugs on the Banner.

I Can't put Pics of someone elses Silver Coins up.

I Think steelheadwill Understands.
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

Jeff,
I certainly understand.
I only took one set of pics as found, she's sorely lacking detail. :laughing7:
My Pine Tree is still up and one banner per year is plenty for me.
(March is my 3rd MDing Anniversary :occasion18:
Thanks to everyone who nominated me & my Oak :wink:
Best Digs All! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

jeff of pa said:
The Patriot said:
Not a banner yet??? something wrong with this picture.....

Ah ? Yes the Pictures.

I Think they are Awsome Finds !
But would look like slugs on the Banner.

I Can't put Pics of someone elses Silver Coins up.

I Think steelheadwill Understands.


Well here, I made it more pretty.
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 03-05 008 copya.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 008 copya.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,351
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

Iron Patch said:
jeff of pa said:
The Patriot said:
Not a banner yet??? something wrong with this picture.....

Ah ? Yes the Pictures.

I Think they are Awsome Finds !
But would look like slugs on the Banner.

I Can't put Pics of someone elses Silver Coins up.

I Think steelheadwill Understands.


Well here, I made it more pretty.
Thanks IP! My favorite Color :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 03-05 001.webp
    NH FINDS 03-05 001.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,559
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

steelheadwill said:
Iron Patch said:
jeff of pa said:
The Patriot said:
Not a banner yet??? something wrong with this picture.....

Ah ? Yes the Pictures.

I Think they are Awsome Finds !
But would look like slugs on the Banner.

I Can't put Pics of someone elses Silver Coins up.

I Think steelheadwill Understands.


Well here, I made it more pretty.
Thanks IP! My favorite Color :thumbsup:


Did you do anything, or just have better light? This looks WAY better.
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

Amazing!!!
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

Iron Patch said:
steelheadwill said:
Iron Patch said:
jeff of pa said:
The Patriot said:
Not a banner yet??? something wrong with this picture.....

Ah ? Yes the Pictures.

I Think they are Awsome Finds !
But would look like slugs on the Banner.

I Can't put Pics of someone elses Silver Coins up.

I Think steelheadwill Understands.


Well here, I made it more pretty.
Thanks IP! My favorite Color :thumbsup:


Did you do anything, or just have better light? This looks WAY better.
Hi IP,
I'm doing nothing to this coin except water soak :wink:
just took a different pic, (including cat hair :laughing9:)
and gave it some photoshop tweaking.
Sheesh, if PCGS slabbed this one as genuine, I should send mine in...
I figured my example was too worn to get the slab.
This one I would call toast: http://coins.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=1145&lotNo=8003
Best Digs Everyone!
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

steelheadwill said:
Iron Patch said:
steelheadwill said:
Iron Patch said:
jeff of pa said:
The Patriot said:
Not a banner yet??? something wrong with this picture.....

Ah ? Yes the Pictures.

I Think they are Awsome Finds !
But would look like slugs on the Banner.

I Can't put Pics of someone elses Silver Coins up.

I Think steelheadwill Understands.


Well here, I made it more pretty.
Thanks IP! My favorite Color :thumbsup:


Did you do anything, or just have better light? This looks WAY better.
Hi IP,
I'm doing nothing to this coin except water soak :wink:
just took a different pic, (including cat hair :laughing9:)
and gave it some photoshop tweaking.
Sheesh, if PCGS slabbed this one as genuine, I should send mine in...
I figured my example was too worn to get the slab.
This one I would call toast: http://coins.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=1145&lotNo=8003
Best Digs Everyone!
Herbie,Quess Morris likes it too!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

Hi Chris, Morris loves to drink from the 'soaking bowl'
and admire the goodies :D

 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

:D :o I guess anything is possible :dontknow: Morris is kool :laughing7:
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

Un-freaking-believable
 
Re: Another Mass Shilling!! OAK TREE

fantastic find well done :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom