Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave's right, the individuals he named spent money and time looking for treasure. I would call them professionals. John Wayne for example, spent considerable time and money looking for multiple treasures in numerous locations.
yes he did...he was partners with charles kenworthy on a few treasures...he also owned alot of land around florence and maricopa

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Thank you Deducer and Homar for your thoughtful replies. I can't say that I can agree with your reasoning and conclusions but have other problems with the stone maps to address first.

Gentlemen:

Consider the Stone Maps as both revealing and concealing at the same time. First the maps data is not something that was created in one instance in time. It is an accumulation of information that has been handed down for generations and each remembering of the data included is both a step forward and a gaze backward in time.

Remove the data on the map and say put it on a blank sheet of paper and rotate the paper till other possibilities of its presentation appear. The Stone Maps were created to deceive, the data was created to reveal. A completely different set of trails and landmarks appear if the maps data is understood as a stand along separate from the Stone Maps. Just start by reversing the maps sequence and go from there.

Once you have a clear view of the data then begin to look at the astronomical locations that will present themselves on the new trail. There are other maps but these two maps will get you where you are going if understood correctly.

What can be maddening is the Stone Maps do reflect a trail system, that is on purpose, it is just not the fundamental trail system. Very smart folks have figured out what is right in front of them but what is right in front of them is an illusion.

Anyway just dropping in. My interests are different now that what is important to us is safe, and the best of luck in your efforts.

Starman 1

Thanks for dropping in Starman, haven't seen you posting in quite a while now.

I will suspend disbelief in the Peralta Stones for a moment, to ask you (and all of the people who believe in the stone maps) a couple of questions, which you can answer in brief or explain in detail your reasoning, as you please.

1: What is the scale of the stone maps?

2: What direction is indicated as North on these stone maps referred to?

Thank you in advance to all whom choose to answer. These two points alone will bring an important factor to light.

Coffee?
:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marius...when you do something every day for a living that makes you a professional....when you treasure hunt from home you are an amateur:icon_scratch:

I guess that I am a professional couch potato...lol

Ed T

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Deducer and Homar for your thoughtful replies. I can't say that I can agree with your reasoning and conclusions but have other problems with the stone maps to address first.

Thanks for dropping in Starman, haven't seen you posting in quite a while now.

I will suspend disbelief in the Peralta Stones for a moment, to ask you (and all of the people who believe in the stone maps) a couple of questions, which you can answer in brief or explain in detail your reasoning, as you please.

1: What is the scale of the stone maps?

2: What direction is indicated as North on these stone maps referred to?

Thank you in advance to all whom choose to answer. These two points alone will bring an important factor to light.

Coffee?
:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

As for the scale of the PSM's...I will keep that information to myself...lol

And when it comes to the direction...That is mentioned in the DON...Which I believe stands for...Direccion de Orientacion Norte...And the dagger I believe is the Compass point facing North with the D on it...Furthermore I believe that it is another form of the Guadalupe de Tayopa map...Which also mentions being of a North orientation...That is one of the main reasons I believe that the PSM's are a depiction of Tayopa...

Just my two cents...

Ed T

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
As for the scale of the PSM's...I will keep that information to myself...lol

And when it comes to the direction...That is mentioned in the DON...Which I believe stands for...Direccion de Orientacion Norte...And the dagger I believe is the Compass point facing North with the D on it...Furthermore I believe that it is another form of the Guadalupe de Tayopa map...Which also mentions being of a North orientation...That is one of the main reasons I believe that the PSM's are a depiction of Tayopa...

Just my two cents...

Ed T
lol...makes as much sense as the rest of the theories

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol...makes as much sense as the rest of the theories

At least I have 10 pounds of ore from the area Dave...lol...Oh...Can that be considered proof???Even IF some claim them to be pebbles of little significance...

Ed T

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lets hit them with the xrf....that will be proof:occasion14:

There was a time when I was tempted to send you a small chunk of my ore Dave...But I thought about it and realized that it is much to valuable to be giving it away...After all...If it is platinum bearing from the area depicted in the PSM's...I just might be able to sell it some day for a pretty penny...So don't hold your breath Dave...I have decided to hold onto the ore for a while...I have already given to much of it away as it is...IF I only brought 100 pounds of the ore back from my trek...I can only vouch for there being 10 pounds of ore that I am certain of remaining in my possession...Who knows what happened to the other 90 pounds...

And Oro may be right...I may have been to some other mines over the years...And I just might have tossed some little chunks of their ores out into the world...Just as I did with my so called little Tia Juana... ;)

Ed T

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

I didn't respond to your questions with "reasoning." I responded with facts.

As has been pointed out, the major players associated with the Stone Maps treated it as if it were authentic, including Travis Tumlinson himself. Have you read the Peck investigation letters?

There is absolutely no proof that the Stone Maps are fakes, or that Travis Tumlinson carved them.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I didn't respond to your questions with "reasoning." I responded with facts.

As has been pointed out, the major players associated with the Stone Maps treated it as if it were authentic, including Travis Tumlinson himself. Have you read the Peck investigation letters?

There is absolutely no proof that the Stone Maps are fakes, or that Travis Tumlinson carved them.
oh yes there is..you just aren't in possession of that information...:tongue3:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Roy,

Not all fish have scales, the same goes for maps. In fact most treasure maps don't have scale since they are not made by surveyors. The PSM's were made much like a treasure map. They also show where North is, otherwise they would not be map at all, but that's for you to figure out. Now if Travis had made them, he would have made sure that they had a proper indicator like a regular map.

Homar

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
homar..i live here..believe me when i tell you there are multitude of knotheads that have showed up here over the years bragging that they solved the maps and will be rich in no time..they are still poor..lol...homar..i don't need to settle down..i'm just having fun:laughing7:
Howdy Dave,

I am aware of the many that claim to have solved the PSM's, or the Dutchman's clues, and know that several tend to brag about it. Most of them really believe that their solve is real, otherwise they would not spend the time and money to verify it. There's no shame in being wrong, or trying, only in bragging then failing to deliver.

In ten years of being on these forums, I have never claimed to be smarter than anyone, or made a public claim to solving anything. I have never posted a g.e. image concerning the PSM's, or the LDM. Yet many would assume that my g.e. search is much the same as the rest. I am not saying my g.e. search is better, but I could bet you that if I zoom down to a small rock, I could tell you if it was caliche. Of course I would be zooming into a caliche pit, and most likely win the bet.:laughing7:

Oroblanco believes that if I were fortunate enough to find something, that I would rub his nose in it like a bad puppy. That would never happen, if it were not for naysayers, there would be no debate, nothing to come here for. I have just as much fun as you do when I come here to inject a little common sense into the saga.

Homar

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Howdy Dave,

I am aware of the many that claim to have solved the PSM's, or the Dutchman's clues, and know that several tend to brag about it. Most of them really believe that their solve is real, otherwise they would not spend the time and money to verify it. There's no shame in being wrong, or trying, only in bragging then failing to deliver.

In ten years of being on these forums, I have never claimed to be smarter than anyone, or made a public claim to solving anything. I have never posted a g.e. image concerning the PSM's, or the LDM. Yet many would assume that my g.e. search is much the same as the rest. I am not saying my g.e. search is better, but I could bet you that if I zoom down to a small rock, I could tell you if it was caliche. Of course I would be zooming into a caliche pit, and most likely win the bet.:laughing7:

Oroblanco believes that if I were fortunate enough to find something, that I would rub his nose in it like a bad puppy. That would never happen, if it were not for naysayers, there would be no debate, nothing to come here for. I have just as much fun as you do when I come here to inject a little common sense into the saga.

Homar
right on homar:occasion14:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Dave,

Homar

You can say that again Homar...Have I told ya'll that I have been diagnosed as a bi polar with schizoaffective disorder???IF I were you I wouldn't believe a single word that I post...hehehe...Heck...I just might have some serious pretty looking rocks...As IF I could have found any of the stuff that I claim to have discovered...

And we all know that the D on the dagger has nothing to do with the D in DON...Oh well...Only time will tell...I don't see myself continuing the search anytime soon...Maybe one day some lucky treasure hunter, with a warped mind like mine, will connect the dots as I have...

Ed T :)

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems to me that the two main arguments for Travis Tumlinson having carved the maps are that: 1) He did it for fun. 2) He did it to personally profit from them.

Neither can be proven.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't there a set of the originals that seemed to be made with a nail or a knife edge with a bunch of scratched and etched looks

lowertrail1.jpg

And then the clay "stones" that were the copies?

The originals being more based on an older type of stone from the area?

The newer ones being from the museum display from the mining museum?

Is this the argument?

That there are two sets and Tumlinson fabricated the originals?

It seems that the originals were legit and the others were made for a display.

But Tumlinson is hiding something it seems, and that is the true story of the events and affairs that involve the 30 skeletons found in the nearby area surrounding their mines.

These 30 bodies are the mining team from the Beale Papers

So if you are trying to uphold the "legend" of the Lost Dutchman then you are really covering up the affairs of James Reavis and the rest of his men that were killed when they were returning their 3rd share and were massacred by their own men.

There is even talk of how 30 men could have been killed standing on area.....and it had to be a group of Military with gatling guns, or a whole battalion of armed men on horseback, cause a couple escaped to the hills and were gunned down there.

The other strange thing was how the original map stones were found near them, but that one of the missing heart stones was found planted somewhere else in a different area.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
It seems to me that the two main arguments for Travis Tumlinson having carved the maps are that: 1) He did it for fun. 2) He did it to personally profit from them.

Neither can be proven.
it has been proven...some people just cant bring their selves to admit it

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Isn't there a set of the originals that seemed to be made with a nail or a knife edge with a bunch of scratched and etched looks

View attachment 1795407

And then the clay "stones" that were the copies?

The originals being more based on an older type of stone from the area?

The newer ones being from the museum display from the mining museum?

Is this the argument?

That there are two sets and Tumlinson fabricated the originals?

It seems that the originals were legit and the others were made for a display.

But Tumlinson is hiding something it seems, and that is the true story of the events and affairs that involve the 30 skeletons found in the nearby area surrounding their mines.

These 30 bodies are the mining team from the Beale Papers

So if you are trying to uphold the "legend" of the Lost Dutchman then you are really covering up the affairs of James Reavis and the rest of his men that were killed when they were returning their 3rd share and were massacred by their own men.

There is even talk of how 30 men could have been killed standing on area.....and it had to be a group of Military with gatling guns, or a whole battalion of armed men on horseback, cause a couple escaped to the hills and were gunned down there.

The other strange thing was how the original map stones were found near them, but that one of the missing heart stones was found planted somewhere else in a different area.

Eldo,
Nice post, I enjoyed the tease. If you feel up to it, let's hear some more. Much more interesting than who thinks they're fake or not, if you ask me :headbang:
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
To clarify, the why's behind the conclusions are more interesting than the yes or no; even if the yes or no, isn't definite. Idahodutch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread