Both sides of Stone Maps Argument

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it would be fairly easy to prove it to me or anyone else....JUST SHOW US WHERE THOSE DOORSTOPS HAVE LED TO A TREASURE OR ANYTHING OF VALUE...every time i say that the forum goes silent...lol:dontknow:

I believe that I am living proof that the doorstops lead to something dave...Heck...Who is to say that you are not in possession of some of my hailstones that I cast upon the sea...I would just be proving to you as I have proven to some baseball fan that I am the true McCoy...hehehe...No pun intended...roflmao

Ed T

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
That's funny Dave, but perhaps they're not ready, who knows. Point is we really don't know what has been proven on any private level, without some disclosure. . . .
dutch...i know of a few treasures up there that have been found..and none using the doorstops...that is..unless you know someone that has made a recovery using the doorstops....why do you guys keep skating around this...i'm not asking you to rat yourself out...i'm merely saying if you had proof of ANYONE finding ANYTHING of value with those rocks then by all means come forth and make me eat my words

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And again, I ask- what do the Stone Maps have to do with the Peraltas?

And I don't think that authentication necessarily requires establishing provenance.

I doubt that they have anything to do with the Peraltas other than the fact that they are known as the Peralta Stone Maps...

Ed T

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
That's funny Dave, but perhaps they're not ready, who knows. Point is we really don't know what has been proven on any private level, without some disclosure. . . .
actually i might have to eat my words...ed found a few small pebbles with platinum using the doorstops:laughing7:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

This fella went public with his group's discovery of 82 pounds of gold. Guess what happened to him?

rqtreasure1smblurv.jpg

Photo courtesy of Gollum (Mike McChesney).

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
This fella went public with his group's discovery of 82 pounds of gold. Guess what happened to him?

View attachment 1798934

man i wish some of you guys would learn to read...i didn't ask you to rat yourself out....just give ONE example where the doorsteps led to a treasure...not you...i said anyone in the past 70 years

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
man i wish some of you guys would learn to read...i didn't ask you to rat yourself out....just give ONE example where the doorsteps led to a treasure...not you...i said anyone in the past 70 years
Dave,
If someone here has been shown proof, but it was done in confidence, there would not be much that could be said. Just about anything said could be a breach of confidence.
Just saying. . .
Idahodutch

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave,
If someone here has been shown proof, but it was done in confidence, there would not be much that could be said. Just about anything said could be a breach of confidence.
Just saying. . .
Idahodutch
dutch..i'm not talking about recent...i said in the past 70 years....i have never heard or seen anything found with the doorstops..and i've known a few people that found treasures up there.....believe me..if someone found anything with those rocks the first thing they would do is try for a tv show

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
dutch..i'm not talking about recent...i said in the past 70 years....i have never heard or seen anything found with the doorstops..and i've known a few people that found treasures up there.....believe me..if someone found anything with those rocks the first thing they would do is try for a tv show

Dave,
It's hard to say what someone else would do for certain. I can't even say for certain what I would do. Actually, I never dreamed I would say anything about my search, but things happen, and often not the way we expect. Sometimes a single wrench tossed in, changes everything.
There's a lot of stuff we don't know.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Thanks Marius for your reply, though I really don't recall seeing ANY actual reference to an actual treasure on the stone crosses, just a lot of Roman numerals. For all we know, that could have been some child's mathematics homework!

To the rest - I can see that I am not going to get a straight answer. That says a lot about the Peralta stones, that no one is willing and able to state with some proof what treasure and/or mine(s) the maps allegedly lead you to.

My patience has reached the limits on this. Good luck and good hunting to you all, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. I won't bother you with any further posts unless to respond to something directed to me.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Thanks Marius for your reply, though I really don't recall seeing ANY actual reference to an actual treasure on the stone crosses, just a lot of Roman numerals. For all we know, that could have been some child's mathematics homework!

To the rest - I can see that I am not going to get a straight answer. That says a lot about the Peralta stones, that no one is willing and able to state with some proof what treasure and/or mine(s) the maps allegedly lead you to.

My patience has reached the limits on this. Good luck and good hunting to you all, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. I won't bother you with any further posts unless to respond to something directed to me.

roy...i have been trying to get a straight answer from them for years...basically they just dont have one

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

I have asked you repeatedly to explain why you continually refer to those stones as the "Peralta stones"?

Can you tell me what proof there is, that the Stone Maps have anything to do with the Peraltas or Mexicans in general?

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello Oroblanco,

I don't believe there is any actual reference to an actual treasure on the stone crosses discovered by Mike Bilbry and Ed Farr.
On that same subject I cant think of a single map I have ever seen that has an actual reference to an actual treasure depicted on it.
I always took your question as rhetorical since no map I know of, paper or stone, has listed on it any treasure or thing of value.
I think everyone else here took that for granted and that's why no one was replying.

Is it required or even important that the stone crosses list what treasure it may lead to ? Is it important for any map ?
The map, paper or stone, is simply to get you to an end point. There could be gold, diamonds, jewels and plunder there or there could be a smiley face with a note reading, "have a nice day."

Best to you,

Matthew

Last edited:

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have asked you repeatedly to explain why you continually refer to those stones as the "Peralta stones"?

Can you tell me what proof there is, that the Stone Maps have anything to do with the Peraltas or Mexicans in general?

Hello deducer,

The first reference to Travis Tumlinson's stones as the Peralta Stone Maps was made by Clarence Mitchell (Travis Marlowe) in his 1965 book Superstition Treasures.
I don't know why he put the Peralta name with them but it stuck and they became "assumed" to be of Peralta origin from then on.
In Travis Tumlinson's manuscript he mentions the Peraltas but does not "directly" link the Stone Maps to them.
Perhaps there are things in the Stone Maps origin we are not aware of today that someone once knew.
I think most people connect them to early Spanish, Mexican mining because of the place and circumstance they were allegedly found.
That in no way proves anything and their origin is to this day open to interpretation.

Best,

Matthew

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Oroblanco,

I don't believe there is any actual reference to an actual treasure on the stone crosses discovered by Mike Bilbry and Ed Farr.
On that same subject I cant think of a single map I have ever seen that has an actual reference to an actual treasure depicted on it.
I always took your question as rhetorical since no map I know of, paper or stone, has listed on it any treasure or thing of value.
I think everyone else here took that for granted and that's why no one was replying.

Is it required or even important that the stone crosses list what treasure it may lead to ? Is it important for any map ?
The map, paper or stone, is simply to get you to an end point. There could be gold, diamonds, jewels and plunder there or there could be a smiley face with a note reading, "have a nice day."

Best to you,

Matthew

Hi Matthew

On a cross is written " EL TESORO DE LOS IGLESIA DE SANTA FE ". I don't think I would be the only one who can see it.

stone cross map.jpg

On the other cross is the same Spanish codice which exist on the stone Trail maps.

stone cross map 2.jpg

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi Matthew

On a cross is written " EL TESORO DE LOS IGLESIA DE SANTA FE ". I don't think I would be the only one who can see it.

View attachment 1799113

On the other cross is the same Spanish codice which exist on the stone Trail maps.

View attachment 1799114

This is not the stone crosses I was referring to. However it still does not really identify what treasure of Santa Fe is being referred to? Is there some historical lost treasure associated with Santa Fe?

Matthew wrote

Best to you,

Matthew

I was not asking a rhetorical question hence the need to repeat it. I must also respectfully disagree - most of the treasure maps in public circulation are easily identified with some particular lost mine or treasure. This is not the case with the Peralta stones, and as Deducer keeps repeating, and as you noted, don't have any name Peralta inscribed on them at all. So are we to assume they must lead to a Peralta treasure or mine(s)? Likewise the common assumption that it has to be Mexican (due to the 1847 date) or Spanish (due to the Spanish writing which has obvious flaws). I use that term Peralta Stones because that is what they have been tagged by the public over the fifty odd years since their existence was published in Life magazine. Just saying "stone maps" doesn't really identify what stone maps are being referred to - there is an ancient Babylonian stone map some~2600 years old.
220px-20180506_145606-babylon-map.jpg

So I have my answer after all - no one besides Marius has an actual known lost treasure to link to the Peralta stones. Marius I am sorry but your argument for the 'Santa Fe' treasure is tenuous at best, not convincing. No offense intended.

Please do continue, I will stay out of it unless to reply to someone directing a question to me.

Dave you are all too right.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have nothing else to add about those stone maps. They are what they are, some treasure maps, and nothing in this world can change this, maybe only people imagination.
If I would find a map which is referring to a treasure unknown to the history, whatever would be that treasure, for sure that map would be for it. Would be the matter of the map.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1798934

Hey Buddy,

I don't think you got past my original version of Ron's Story. After getting to know him (Ron lived in Tucson), he told me the entire ACTUAL story, and allowed me to take hi resolution scans of all the pics he still had. That made up the story I posted on my old website. But to boil all the fat down to gravy................NOTHING happened to him. He, his brother and two partners sold the 82 pounds of gold to a person in Washington State and received $500,000. They split it four ways and had a big party. Ron promulgated the original story about getting screwed over by the IRS to throw people off. When he told me the actual story, he said that he was so old, that if Uncle Sam came after him, he would tell them the whole story was a lie, and it happened so long ago they couldn't prove anything. Sadly, Ron passed away in 2016. RIP Buddy.

Mike

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea. When you tell your own story to ANYONE, make sure you also add that the IRS has already, or is in the process of grabbing all or most of it. That way, when some rat eventually "informs" them.....and they can find no records of same, they will assume the whole story is BS. Maybe even if the goodies start showing up forums like this or on E-BAY.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to write another imput, just to complete the alleged " Peralta " stone maps saga. What we have to take in consideration to can make an image on what era those "cities"/caves of gold were created, is what Pope Pius III ( at least was attributed to him ) wrote about this region, about 20 years before Spaniards set foot in North America. Many believed Pope's description ( or whomever ) was for the New Mexico region but the encrypted text tells another story.
And here is the text from the book written by Daniel J Duke at https://books.google.gr/books?id=EG...us III about the seven cities of gold&f=false :

Pope Pius.jpg

IMO, the Soledad peak in this description is Weavers Needle and not Victorio peak or Soledad peak in NM like many others believed. And now , we come back to Celeste Jones map which describes the region of the seven caves of gold in the Superstitions.

Celeste-Jones-14.gif

You can think " how we know the map is for the Superstitions, because in the map is not depicted any known landmark ", but I would say how in this map exists a symbol which shows where is that region in regards to WN, and also in the map is shown a turtle ( below the eagle ) which is a true landmark ( my current avatar ) that is " looking " at the end of the doted trail from the map.

View attachment 1801848

The artist of this map, used this turtle landmark ( maybe was inspired by it ) to mark in the map the treasure caves , and we can see them as a half turtle with its head or as a semicircle with a dot attached in the middle exterior. Here is an GE overlay which shows the turtle's head symbol matching in a sealed door

View attachment 1801853 View attachment 1801854 View attachment 1801855

Like you can see in the map, the five cave's symbols are located W-E ( or vice versa ) with the head of the turtles to point east . There, in this W-E line exists another cave which is hidden by the author, but give a treasure code in the doted trail to can find out the location by counting the dots from the begining of the trail to the " man " and after counting the same number of dots from the junction of the " man " trail with the the curved trail. So, the cave is located at the junction of a line and a trail's " dot " in the upper doted trail's bend. This " hidden " cave with the other next to the west and with the other next to the east, are the three asterisks from the Sleeping Lady map which has the south on top.
And after we would find out the sixth " hidden " cave, we can vindicate the Pope's text which says " three sealed doors to the rising Sol ( true east ) sun and and three sealed doors to the setting Sol ( true west ) sun ", as an orientation of the locations and not of the entrances.
And now remains the seventh cave which is " high noon " ( south ) from the other caves and is the " Casa del Cueva de Oro ". Reminds you something this name ? I believe , for sure. For this cave, the author used a different tresure code, which I wouldn't reveal now, in regards to be find its location in the map and of course in the field. Here is a GE overlay which shows where is located the Casa del Cueva de Oro on the map

View attachment 1801856

And now back to the beginning. IMHO, the "Peralta" stone maps were made for the seventh cave which is within Casa del Cueva de ORO.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread