Global Warming*%#*

Now... Global warming. Yes the planet is warming. The Sun will warm the planet about 1 percent every one hundred million years. Of course this is an average and we will go through heating and cooling phases even as the planet eventually warms inexorably to the point that it can no longer support life.

Thankfully, Al Gore and his energy eating mansion and private jet will be long gone before we actually have to worry about planet wide extinction. However, I do believe we are on the verge of a collapse of civilization. I really do think we are one major disaster away from global collapse.

hmm.. I concur. People are on a collision course with their lack of education and understanding.

hmm.. I concur. People are on a collision course with their lack of education and understanding.

I don't think that includes the scientific community or global-size businesses that have accepted it and moved on.

TreasurePirate69
Do you personally think that we can continue to power all of the world's energy needs indefinitely using mostly fossil fuels?
I keep seeing that a lot.....No I don’t but am willing to wait until somebody can come up with something to replace it...the guy down the street has a large solar panel on a couple of acres....Cost him $250,000...$200,000 of that was our money... that’s a lot of money for part time power...Art

A source for what? The sun slowly, inexorably warming? Google it. The collapse of civilization? It is inevitable. The only real question is when?

I will send your thoughts on to the scientists at NOAA. I'm sure they'll be embarrassed by that omission in their climate models. Google - imagine that.

The collapse of civilization? You're part of it, same as everyone else. It's a choice, not an inevitability.

Science is never wrong..........................OOPS ........ Stephen Hawkins just admitted his theory...TAUGHT and ACCEPTED for the last 40 years.... was WRONG. But global warming is accepted by the same group that worshipped Hawkins.

A source for what? The sun slowly, inexorably warming? Google it. The collapse of civilization? It is inevitable. The only real question is when?

Our days are numbered the minute we pop out of the womb.....the idea behind life is to live it, not spending that precious time deeply concerning ourselves in all the endless notions and theories as to when disaster is going to consume everything. Yep, death is inevitable, but living life is up to the user. :thumbsup:

Our days are numbered the minute we pop out of the womb.....the idea behind life is to live it, not spending that precious time deeply concerning ourselves in all the endless notions and theories as to when disaster is going to consume everything. Yep, death is inevitable, but living life is up to the user. :thumbsup:

Can't argue with that! Just wish it was easier to give the next few generations a chance at the good life. But to have the most freedoms I guess you have to have more regulations telling you what kind of freedoms are acceptable. For the best freedom experience?

All I see is the climate repeating itself…Last summer in the sierras was a repeat of the early 80’s…thunder storms almost daily…..The more it changes the most it seems like the past….When has the government been right about anything?...Art

I will send your thoughts on to the scientists at NOAA. I'm sure they'll be embarrassed by that omission in their climate models. Google - imagine that.

The collapse of civilization? You're part of it, same as everyone else. It's a choice, not an inevitability.
Did you bother to google it? Based on our understanding of our Sun it will get progressively hotter as it ages. I have no idea whether the climate scammers... Sorry, alarmists, included this in their models or not. Perhaps they decided that this well researched, generally accepted science was hooey and left it out of their models. Perhaps they included it. I have no clue. It doesn't change the fact that the sun will eventually warm the Earth to the point of uninhabitability.

And if you think any of us will have a choice when civilization collapses you are deluding yourself. What we will have a choice about is how we conduct ourselves after the collapse. Ultimately that will determine whether we can survive and prevail.

Last edited:
Bum Luck, you might want to google/research the fact that while our poor old Earth was "running a fever", Mars was warming at approximately the same rate.

Oh, CRAP! Never mind. I forgot. We sent SUVs to Mars so we probably caused that warming too!

Did you bother to google it? Based on our understanding of our Sun it will get progressively hotter as it ages. I have no idea whether the climate scammers... Sorry, alarmists, included this in their models or not. Perhaps they decided that this well researched, generally accepted science was hooey and left it out of their models. It doesn't change the fact that the sun will eventually warm the Earth to the point of uninhabitability.

And if you think any of us will have a choice when civilization collapses you are deluding yourself. What we will have a choice about is how we conduct ourselves after the collapse. Ultimately that will determine whether we can survive and prevail.

Yeah I Googled it. The sun will swell to a red giant in about five billion years as it runs out of hydrogen fuel.

Did YOU look into how climate modeling is done? "Perhaps they included it. I have no clue." Nowhere is "belief" programmed in. Belief has no place in science.

Huh I'd be more worried about the sun becoming a black hole then inexorably warming.

Yeah I Googled it. The sun will swell to a red giant in about five billion years as it runs out of hydrogen fuel.

Did YOU look into how climate modeling is done? "Perhaps they included it. I have no clue." Nowhere is "belief" programmed in. Belief has no place in science.

We well be hit by a meteor by then or find another planet

Record lows in Montana today. Yup that's global warming- oh, wait, that is no longer politically correct, now it's called "climate change". That's a pretty safe bet, it changes every day. And the sheeple keep eating it up :BangHead:

So why are so many "global warming scientists" taking a belief that man is causing climate change and then trying to find or formulate data to support that belief?

So why are so many "global warming scientists" taking a belief that man is causing climate change and then trying to find or formulate data to support that belief?

Look at it this way Attention all scientists We will be having a conference somewhere on a nice sunny south pacific island. once your there you will be treated with a sit down all inclusive vacation, there will be a pile of tax payer money on your seat for keeping this crap up. If you decide not to take the money we'll call you a idiot.

This add is paid for by Al and his croneys.

You hit the nail on the head. They are "following the money". You're not going to get grants and funding trying to DIS-prove (man caused) global warming.

As you can tell from my previous posts I'm (very) skeptical of (man caused) global warming. Since there is no money available to research ANYTHING that might dispute (man caused) global warming, the results will always be skewed to produce the result that the purse string holders want. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

As I said before, this is an opportunity for a HUGE money grab for governments around the world. There is no way they're going to let this one get away from them.

Go back and look at articles from the 70's and early 80's. We were supposedly entering another ice age. I believe we still are. The problem with that view is that we can't stop another ice age. BTW, we will have more ice ages. They are largely dependent on the Sun and its output. And while the Sun's output will inevitably scorch the Earth and likely envelop it in 5-7 billion years, it is still variable and we will have to adapt to that or die trying.

So to those who believe in (man-caused) global warming, have fun while politicians empty your pockets for "carbon credits" or "carbon footprints" or "greenhouse emissions" taxes, or "rain taxes". I guarantee that you can rest assured that those who govern you will not be paying any of the taxes or penalties that the rest of us are expected to.

They don't. No one in academia "formulates data". That would be the same as "believing" there is no global climate change and then looking for fellow bloggers to support your beliefs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back