What's new

Heart Attack Time??

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
2,917
Reaction score
85
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
I've been lucky enough to get a few places to hunt around Charleston. Most are soggy bogs that have been logged, horse pastures, and other "great" places.

I take what I get.

I hunted a timbered bog this past weekend and wound up with one flat, slick button and some crap.

I looked at the pile on the table this morning and decided to look at it one more time and then toss it. I washed stuff off and was tossing it in the trash can.

I washed this piece off and thought I could see some letters or something so I thought I could tell what telephone pole it came off of. So I used a little cleaner on it.

Letters started to appear - "S" then "ER" and a "18" I hit the floor. I picked myself up and finished cleaning.

It ain't in the best shape, but it's a SLAVE TAG!!!!

Gotta be my best find of the year. They say compared to finding these 30 miles from Charleston, gold coins are easy.

It's ugly. But it's mine and I HAD to share.

Daryl - still shaking a bit
 

Attachments

  • SlaveTag.webp
    SlaveTag.webp
    61.2 KB · Views: 7,159
  • TagFront.webp
    TagFront.webp
    167 KB · Views: 6,311
  • TagBack.webp
    TagBack.webp
    95.4 KB · Views: 6,290
Upvote 0
A Very great find. There is a guy at treasure depot that restores finds and his work is tops. It would be worth getting restored.
 
there is a good one at Americanrelichunters too :thumbsup:
 
Don in SJ said:
OK Congrats, now don't laugh, but you might want to consider getting that one restored, I have seen some miracles performed by some of those who do that, including slave badges!

Don

Absolutely worth Every Single Penny for a restoration. KILLER find there!!! :hello2: And Banner nominated too!

-Buckles
 
kuger said:
there is a good one at Americanrelichunters too :thumbsup:

That's my pick of the lot. You can see some of the work that Hallowed Ground Restoration does at americanrelichunters.com

Cheers,


Buckles
 
I vote BANNER!!! :thumbsup:
Way to go Daryl. EXCELLENT recovery.
-MM-
 
nice Tag!

Not to bring up a bad picture in the mind, but I wonder just how these were attached to the person? It looks like that one was cut free from something.

HH
 
leather collar
 
GREAT find! I vote banner.
 
Cool... wtg that would be a neat find for sure a real piece of history... :thumbsup:
 
Congrats Daryl :thumbsup: I would love to find one of those myself, maybe someday...

HH Charlie
 
Looks like an authentic 1826 slave tag to me. Congratulations! :hello2:

Shame some of it is missing, and that may impact the ability to really "restore" it as we don't know what information was lost on the missing part.

A great find and a great piece of American history.
 
I vote for banner. Its a great find. :thumbsup:
 
Wow, what a killer find!! If I have said it once, I have said it a million times....clean everything and double check before pitching it out!!!! I say banner!
HH
Baggins
 
Now that would be a shocker!

If it's all there you're a lucky dog because no question it can be restored to look very good.
 
My hat is off to you my friend. Hope you get it restored. Get back out there and find more goodies.

Burdie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom