Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A tribe of Indians found in one year's time. In comparison, imagine what could have been found in 5 seasons on oak island but was not. There should be coins much older than this within reach of a MD'er and I would think plenty of them. Some may be 12" or more deep. No problem for Minelab.
139.jpg 142.jpg 334.jpg 335.jpg 367.jpg 368.jpg 383.jpg 386.jpg
230.jpg 231.jpg 245.jpg 246.jpg 238.jpg 252.jpg 253.jpg 255.jpg 256.jpg
B377.jpg B378.jpg 475.jpg 476.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Revolutionary War period Hand-Forged Engraved Shoulder Belt Cartridge Plate I dug in Pa. - someone is selling one from Yorktown, pa on E-bay for $375.
Silver plated buckle was close by this find.
Also, same day dug this Large Copper looks like a 1720's(ish) half-penny or farthing but it's patina city.

B362.jpg B363.jpg B372.jpg B364.jpg B366.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1796 Liberty Cap Copper dug in same area.
480.jpg 482.jpg 484.jpg

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coronet Large Copper with no date (1816-1839)
b877.jpg b876.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
B374b.jpg my cat on my digging pouch. My last two finds coming up on this thread were something to celebrate for me - hence the Korbel champagne. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
christopher-walken.jpg wait don't go - have some sham-pag-no! L

This is a character Christopher Walken played on SNL that was very funny.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1812 Classic Head Copper dug with my gator digger.
(I can read date with a loup and all stars and liberty are visible to naked eye.)
104_0435.JPG 104_0432.JPG

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1808 Draped Bust Half Cent and musket ball dug in field of LC's.
B1767.jpg B1768.jpg B1773.jpg B1774.jpg

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1806 Draped Bust half cent close by to above 1808 dug in field of LC's.
B1793.jpg B1795.jpg B1799.jpg

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's great to have an actual treasure hunter posting here! After all of the fictional bs treasure stories posted by pretend treasure hunters floating around here, its refreshing to see the real deal...

well thanks, Singlestack! The arm-chair Th'ers are fine as long as people know it's a legend, a tale, a theory, etc. Some actually lead to real treasure but many are just flat out fiction designed to sell books or TV shows. Chumming that water as it were on sites like this one. :)

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An amethyst ring was my 1st treasure find at 9 years old. Not far from the lover's lane (a dirt road pulloff about 50' long), an old black pocketbook was found sitting at the
edge of the local creek's water. My brother and I were just exploring the woods down by the creek as we often did back in those days. The pocketbook was retrieved and nothing appeared to be inside. It was empty. Perhaps a jilted lover was given back the ring by her boyfriend, and in her dispair, hid the ring inside an old black pocketbook, revisited the old lover's lane, and walked another 50' to fling it into the local creek? Who knows.

Something told me to tear out the lining and there hidden inside of that lining was this ring. Perhaps it had a hide-away pocket that you couldn't readily see but it was a men's 10k gold ring with a very good quality amethyst. I wore the ring for years before giving it away to a step-grandson. The story of how it got there and why was anyone's guess but looking back it makes me realize that treasure is where you find it!

The TV series Sea Hunt with Lloyd Bridges ran 1958 to 1961. I think this helped to hook me on the idea of treasure at the age of 5 years old in 1960. My sister says I used to dive into the couch - diving for treasure in my imagination. I remember doing that way back early 1960's. Frequently on this series, treasures were lost like what happened in this episode involving a bag of gold dust locked in a wreak's rusted vault.

I think they wanted to illustrate just how dangerous wreak diving can actually be along with the two-legged rats that may happen along while you are diving - wishing to jump your claim. I'd imagine quite a few sourdough prospectors panning for gold out West during the various Gold Rush's, and divers around the world have been lost through accidental events or man-made events. None-the-less, I was hooked on the idea of treasure hunting.
Sea Hunt-Gold Below Part Three

amethyst ring.jpg

My next two posts will be the 'find' finale of this thread. I hope that you haven't been too bored by all this. :)

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About as boring as you claim "The Curse of Oak Island" was to you?

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About as boring as you claim "The Curse of Oak Island" was to you?
after 5 seasons, with so much emphasis on The Templar knights - yes, I am completely bored now of this show
and certainly won't be watching the new one on Confederate Gold at all.

Mr. Bean - Falling Asleep.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1723 Spanish 2 Reale - 295 years old! The land ownership dates back to 1680 when sold by William Penn. This is the oldest dated silver coin that I have found. I could not believe it when the mud was wiped away from coin. It was sitting on edge (8" deep) very close to a natural spring. Here where I dug musket balls, George II large coppers, draped bust coppers, and very old buttons and grommets. Needless to say I was ecstatic! And there, within 50 feet of this find, came a find of a lifetime, which I'll post next.

During the American Revolutionary War, British soldiers went through this county. In December of 1776, Bucks County was host to General George Washington and his troops as they prepared to cross the Delaware and storm Trenton. So there is a lot of history in the area.

Also as an interesting reference, 2 Maravedies (1700-46 - FELIPE V) were being minted by SPAIN during this same time period.

1723 Spanish 2 Reale A.JPG 1723 Spanish 2 Reale B.JPG

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no, this is not my final 'find' post for the wise guys in this place. It's for people who have a sense of humor. No, this is not me in this video.

Mister beach metaldetector guy - real men of genius

Medal_Catholic.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rare clay pipe token - that I dug in same place as the 1723 Spanish 2 Reale. The back seems smooth but it was in the ground for a long time. I've had offers to purchase this from
collectors in England. My thoughts are it is a shop token but some think it could be a button. It could be one of a kind from the American Revolutionary War period.

here are partial e-mails that I've received on this find:
"It seems your clay pipe token/button has sparked some interest among collectors over in England . . . here's an e-mail request from the woman who I sent your pics to . . . let me
know if you would like to send any further info . . ."

"You wrote to me a few days ago about this clay pipe token object. I sent e-mails about it to some other experts and they seem to think it might also be the front of a button...
Again, if you should part with it I would be very interested."

Either way, it is a once in a lifetime find for anyone and could be far more valuable than I ever imagined.
Clay Pipe Token.JPG Clay Pipe Token Back.JPG

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rare clay pipe token - that I dug in same place as the 1723 Spanish 2 Reale. The back seems smooth but it was in the ground for a long time. I've had offers to purchase this from
collectors in England. My thoughts are it is a shop token but some think it could be a button. It could be one of a kind from the American Revolutionary War period.

here are partial e-mails that I've received on this find:
"It seems your clay pipe token/button has sparked some interest among collectors over in England . . . here's an e-mail request from the woman who I sent your pics to . . . let me
know if you would like to send any further info . . ."

"You wrote to me a few days ago about this clay pipe token object. I sent e-mails about it to some other experts and they seem to think it might also be the front of a button...
Again, if you should part with it I would be very interested."

Either way, it is a once in a lifetime find for anyone and could be far more valuable than I ever imagined.
View attachment 1562472 View attachment 1562473

Isn’t this an Atlantean coin tied to the lunar (and loonie tunes) cycle and the hoax of oak island?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread