Something New About the LUE

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff guys, i really like the Orion belt stuff. I do a lot of hunting in the Orion's belt out my way,some of the best stuff i have found is in the the smaller star area, Mintaka. Thanks kanabite. By the way kanabite, I have finally finished reading that great CD that you sent me. Let me know if you want me to send it to someone else or back to you and you can pass it along, Return of the Giant Serpent. That was a great read, i had to read it over a couple of times.The Author surely understands that things have been going on thru time that are much older than we have ever been taught in school

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw the phrase "as above so below" a few posts back,,,
THINK on this statement,,,,,,hint,,,look at Egypt, Mayan sites and others.
The majority of them (sacred or ritual sites) are laid out to several "sky maps".
The Pleadies ,,,,Orions belt,,Tarus/Horus,,,MANY others too.
I think the "map" isn't for physical "treasure". I'm thinking more ancient esoteric mind "treasure".

For those of you who are interested in the so-called "KGC caches" (likely including the LUE), a well-informed man once speculated to me that many of the treasure layouts may have been designed such that a searcher needed to educate himself in various aspects of history and esoteric knowledge in order to proceed. In essence, instead of leading to gold, these mysteries might instead lead to other secrets - an initiation of sorts. ¿Quien sabe?

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
lue map.jpg

If any of you guys are out stomping through the boonies in search of clues to this "map", here's something to keep an eye open for. The eye, on the map, could indicate a hole carved out of a rock formation or created by stacking rocks. The eye is at the summer solstice spot on the star chart and one of the rays of the sun goes to the eye. The hole could be in a spot where you can stand on the west side of the hole and site through it, on the summer solstice, and see the sun come up over the horizon. A lot of people have mentioned hoyos in the treasure signs forums so, if you find a hoyo at a site you're looking at, you can check it out with a sun calculator to see if you can see the sun through it on the summer solstice.

SunCalc - sun position, sunlight phases, sunrise, sunset, dusk and dawn times calculator

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The "Sun"... rising sun, setting sun...? Pyramid Mountain in Colorado; "Spear of Destiny" pointing EAST...? Nazi Gold in Colorado...? "Google" Nazi Gold & the Lue Map; Nazi Gold deposits in Colorado AND! New Mexico... HELP from Mexican Nazi Agents/Loyalists to Agents/Loyalists in America...

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The "Sun"... rising sun, setting sun...? Pyramid Mountain in Colorado; "Spear of Destiny" pointing EAST...? Nazi Gold in Colorado...? "Google" Nazi Gold & the Lue Map; Nazi Gold deposits in Colorado AND! New Mexico... HELP from Mexican Nazi Agents/Loyalists to Agents/Loyalists in America...

Where is thePyramid Mountain you mention? The only one I can find is up by
Aspen. Is that the one?

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
The pyramid on the LUE map has often been associated with the Rio Grande Pyramid of western Colorado. The Rio Grande Pyramid is noted for its distinctive shape, as well as a natural "window" of rock in the adjacent ridge. Many have presumed the Rio Grande pyramid is a waypoint for the LUE map, something Karl von Mueller neither denied nor confirmed. However, Karl did indicate that the Rio Grande Pyramid would have made an ideal marker and was likely associated with many other treasures as a result. Many who have suggested the LUE Pyramid is the Rio Grande Pyramid have likewise surmised that the two sine waves bisecting the map, are indicators of rivers, the Colorado and the Rio Grande Respectively. Similarly, the same have suggested the Pillar in the center of the LUE map represents the Rock Mountains as the "pillar" of the North American continent.

Rio Grande Pyramid.jpg

Rio Grande plus Window.jpg
Ariel Rio plus Window.jpg

Silvano

Jul 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is for the mdog,it is very nice what you posted,now interest for the map will continue well,it is because how to calculate situation from above to below,the device name is Saphea Arzachelis.

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1323011

View attachment 1323013

It has been mentioned in other posts that the curved line along the arrow could represent a star chart. Here's a star chart that Randy put in one of his posts from last year. It's easy to see the similarity between the two curves. If you look at the placement of the eye on the LUE map, you will see that it is at the summer solstice position. Just above the sun of the summer solstice is the constellation Auriga (gold line). The eye might have been put in that position to alert the reader that the five peaks of the Auriga setup were to be considered. I've been trying to find something on the map that would show an Auriga connection and maybe this is it.

dude seriously put the crack pipe down with your assumptions. I doubt you have even found anything of significant value. I like when guys like you come on here trying to decipher something that is extremely hard to do. lmao but carry on. ill continue to sit here and laugh away!

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
dude seriously put the crack pipe down with your assumptions. I doubt you have even found anything of significant value. I like when guys like you come on here trying to decipher something that is extremely hard to do. lmao but carry on. ill continue to sit here and laugh away!

I'm not trying to convince anybody with my posts. I share what I learn with our tnet members. Most of the information I post can be easily confirmed. If somebody can use it in their search, that's great. If somebody can get a good laugh from the information, that's ok too. :thumbsup:

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't fall for it mdog, He's just trying to get you to set your pipe down, so he can Bogart it. Ya gotta watch these treasure hunters.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog I knew K von M he spent a lot time on the LUE. He never found anything from it. It was a good story for one of his TH manuals. I have heard that several others did find treasure from it. Enjoyed reading this thread.. I do think that the map has some sort of treasure involved to it. From my knowledge it does have some Masonic content. If it was esoteric to the 1920's to 1930's I would say that it would be connected in some way to the works and teachings of Manly Palmer Hall. I am not sure but he was the editor of a magazine the name "The Seekers Eye". I have read a few articles that were stuck away in the rare book section on a large public library. I will say that he was really into Hermetic Free Masonry. That where the as above so below comes in look up the emerald tablets. At that time there was a a few of the old with a mix of the young lions writing on Free Masonry. Hall was one of the lions and was very esoteric. When the depression hit masonry declined but Hall persisted adding a touch of spirituality in with the esoteric side of masonry. The Times were hard and I think he was trying to give some hope and encouragement to the craft at the time.

As far as the map. Keep studying just a hint. If it was based on Hermetic Masonry look at the map at a mirror " As above so Below ". Up is down and down is up, left is right and right is left.

Enjoy

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, The Hermetic Order of the GOLDEN DAWN "borrowed" a few thing "MASONIC"... quite a few NAZIS were in it TOO!

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mdog I knew K von M he spent a lot time on the LUE. He never found anything from it. It was a good story for one of his TH manuals. I have heard that several others did find treasure from it. Enjoyed reading this thread.. I do think that the map has some sort of treasure involved to it. From my knowledge it does have some Masonic content. If it was esoteric to the 1920's to 1930's I would say that it would be connected in some way to the works and teachings of Manly Palmer Hall. I am not sure but he was the editor of a magazine the name "The Seekers Eye". I have read a few articles that were stuck away in the rare book section on a large public library. I will say that he was really into Hermetic Free Masonry. That where the as above so below comes in look up the emerald tablets. At that time there was a a few of the old with a mix of the young lions writing on Free Masonry. Hall was one of the lions and was very esoteric. When the depression hit masonry declined but Hall persisted adding a touch of spirituality in with the esoteric side of masonry. The Times were hard and I think he was trying to give some hope and encouragement to the craft at the time.

As far as the map. Keep studying just a hint. If it was based on Hermetic Masonry look at the map at a mirror " As above so Below ". Up is down and down is up, left is right and right is left.

Enjoy

Senior Deacon

Thanks for the post, SD. I never had any interest in the map, but I did notice a similarity to some geography I've been studying the past few years. I decided to post that stuff, just in case somebody might be able to use it. The most interesting part of the legend, to me, would be, who created the map, where was it drawn and when. But, from what I understand, those answers have been lost.

You've mentioned KVM before and I was wondering if you knew him. I'll bet he was an interesting person.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wasn't it the FBI that released the map, in the early days...? Wasn't KVM a GERMAN... maybe, a NAZI...? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Wasn't it the FBI that released the map, in the early days...? Wasn't KVM a GERMAN... maybe, a NAZI...? Inquiring minds wanna know!

I could be wrong, but I'm about 99.99% sure the Nazi's have nothing to do whatsoever with the LUE. The supposed Nazi involvement is the product of a single individual, who used to be a former frequent poster here. Before he presented the idea, I can confirm not one single suggestion much less source that would connect the Nazi's in any way to the LUE. Out of respect for that individual, I won't blast his name, many of you might know him and I think he believed it (he wasn't being deliberately dishonest) but merely that he was way off the mark.

That said, reading between the lines, I always got the impression the Nazi link was merely a *******ization of the 17 tons of gold story that came out of the 4 Corners region. Supposedly the Nazi's had loot in Arizona as well, so ultimately the Nazi connection is multiple stories that have been sandwiched together with no real rhyme or reason.

Karl von Mueller, AKA Charles Dean Miller, was a pen name...the similarities to the two names should be self-evident. He wrote more about the LUE than anyone and as best I can tell was the first one to publish the map. It has been speculated that the FBI released the map, but this only fits if you buy into the Nazi angle AND it is a convenient story since I doubt anyone could ever definitively prove the FBI were involved even if they had been.

I've heard it suggested that Karl published the LUE to boost his book sales. Keep in mind though, Karl was already very successful having sold many, many copies of the Encyclopedia of Treasure Hunting, Sudden Wealth, and the Treasure hunter's Manual 6. More importantly, the LUE was included in Treasure Hunters Manual 7 with very little fanfare. The map appears in the middle of the book in the photos with not one iota of back story, explanation, or attempts to make a story that would really be necessary to use the LUE as a selling point. The fact is Karl published a lot about the LUE in the National Prospector's Gazette...one would assume if he was really trying to use the LUE as a selling point for the THM7, he would have disclosed some of that information as well. Just some speculations on my part...more later...

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004

Enjoy

Senior Deacon

Thanks for your insights here senior deacon, I hope you don't mind answering a question for me.

You state that Karl never found anything from the LUE though he himself made it clear he made a recovery from the Black Lake, NM area (Eagles Nest). He and a partner, and depending on who you talk to this might be any one of several people, allegedly made the recovery. Karl himself indicated in his own biography for one of the Treasure Hunter's Yearbooks that he had solved the LUE, so it stands to reason that he likely profited from that knowledge. Karl likewise confirmed several other sites recoveries were made, and published a letter from another individual outlining other recoveries that he (Karl) never corrected. One can surmise that if he reprinted the letter he wasn't disputing the information and nothing he wrote about it suggested he did either. That said, the LUE map appeared in THM7, but never had a "good story" to go with it, at least not in the THM7. Given this, why do you think he did not recover anything from a LUE site?

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dean or Karl made a comment one time of it about it. One of his closest friends was my hunting partner who told me as much. Most of the early work of it was done in Weeping Water, Nebraska. Remember K von M was a newspaper man. Treasure Hunting was a side line for him until the middle to late 1950's. K von M's first metal detector was a metal rod that he probed the ground with in and around Karney, Nebraska. What Dean was was a early promoter for the Treasure Hunting hobby. The "National Prospectors Gazette and Treasure Hunters News" was the way we received the news of the day. It was true and consistant giving the best news of the day thru snail mail. The one thing that I learned from him as did many was organisation. He had a file system that even cross referenced treasures. Today it is much easier with the modern computer. You guys are so lucky today. Instant news and tips and a machine that will organize it all for you. Not only that but a good share of your research can be done at home rather than spending hours in a library.

Now off the soap box Dean was of German descent but was never a Nazi. Dean was a Christian man and was a member of the Masonic fraternity. He held a Amateur Radio license and produced the Little Giant Metal detector. He was a gentleman and if he liked you, you had a fast friend. He rode hard had a quick mind and a good sense of humor. He kept your secrets and expected you to do the same. Above all he had the hobby treasure hunter in mind. In my mind there was no finer man for our profession. We lost a lot when he passed. I was blessed to have known and been around him. I was a brash snot nose kid in my 20's. Had I known the what I do today I would have ask a lot more questions and been a lot more humble. He also wrote under other names Deek Gladson was one. He copyrighted his books under his wife's name Gladys Miller. I have lost track of her and his son Deaner. Hope this answers some questions.

Senior Deacon

P.S. the Little Giant I believe was built by Charles Garrett off of Dean's design. It was a BFO machine. It might have been a early VCO experiment by both of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread