... Dead or nearly dead iguanas fall out of trees like rain !!
I had several pet iguanas, with an outdoor cage so they could get A-D from the sun. Indoor, they had their free range with the dogs.
On a warm winter day, one got out of the outdoor cage as I was talking to two JW ladies at my door with AWAKE and WATCHTOWER in the hands when on exclaimed, "Look at that big lizard"
Seeing Moe, my 3foot male Central American Green, I ran in pursuit but it climbed up the Oak tree in my front yard, perched on a limb, staring down at me, way out of my reach.
For two days he was up there then on the third, a hard freeze hit. The next afternoon, he fell out of the tree.
I picked him up by his tail, holding him out like a lizard popsicle, put him in the bathtub, filled with warm water, bring him out of hibernation.