What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning RCT
 
Well fellas, I'm back!


Three weeks of hard digging, and I've dug up a couple hundred bottles from the WWI era, through the 1930s (not all came back with me, but I found some nice ones!), a few insulators and my first 1700s coin!!!

I also scored big in the antique shops with flags, a helmet, nice bottles, and other great artifacts.

Pictures will be posted in threads over the next few days, but I'll post the links on here.

Can't wait to see your treasure rusty...congrats and welcome back !!
 
Morning Rook, Bill, Bart :hello:
 
Welcome back Rusty hopefully you'll post up some pics when you get a chance.
 
Good morning fellas !!
 
Morning Peeps.
 
Bill did you receive that line of thunder clappers over night?

1am it sounded/flashing like a July 1st fireworks event, watering done for the day.:hello2:
 
Here's a wild ride :)
 
Jim,

Yep the long awaited rain arrived overnight. Funny thing you can water as much as you like, however, after a rain everything seems to spring to life in the garden.
 
Found a decent sized shipwreck yesterday, right off the Marina. Found a big old Admiralty pattern anchor and 200 ft of coral encrusted chain later a big depression ( hole) in the seabed where I could not put the aqua pulse down without it ringing off.

Lots of what looks like coral encrusted non ferrous rigging, we?ll see?

Oh sorry, good morning everyone.
 
Sounds interesting for sure Sads... and good morning to you as well... nice to see you have become a fixture here... glad to have you my friend. :)
 
Last edited:
Archie, I hope you are well and enjoying life…..reports will come in about the discovery as we go, on here only……

Interesting round grey rock ballast pile very nearby but not a single bit of metal in it so dumped ballast we think….
 
Last edited:
SADS,

Good morning and your discovery sounds promising looking forward to what you uncover.
 
Jim,

Yep the long awaited rain arrived overnight. Funny thing you can water as much as you like, however, after a rain everything seems to spring to life in the garden.

We try to mimic what nature supplies, but like you said everything seems to comes alive after a soaking from the skies.
The early scapes were tasty and the rest will be pu up for the winter as well.
I blended up some with butter, and cheese curds once.
Put the mixture in the silicone tray mold and froze them.
Thawed and had it as a dip for chicken/crackers/veggies and was a yummy complimentary from the guests.
Then again where can one go wrong having ingredients like that.:laughing7:
 
SADS I hope the site provides a good number of treasures for you. Sounds exciting!!
Query: How deep are you diving to the site?
 
SADS I hope the site provides a good number of treasures for you. Sounds exciting!!
Query: How deep are you diving to the site?

About 20 to 25 ft seabed and hole……found it at the end of the day so going back soonish. We think it might be mid to late 1800’s.
 
Archie, I hope you are well and enjoying life…..reports will come in about the discovery as we go, on here only……

Interesting round grey rock ballast pile very nearby but not a single bit of metal in it so dumped ballast we think….

Very nice kevin...wooo hooo !! Will be interesting to see what it is !! I too had some minor success....no treasure, but a beautiful piece of a Spanish onion bottle bottom 20210614_091332.webp20210614_091341.webp
Pretty busy with 8 hours in the water on Saturday, and 4 hours Sunday before the weather pushed us out and water clarity deteriorated quickly !!
 
Very nice kevin...wooo hooo !! Will be interesting to see what it is !! I too had some minor success....no treasure, but a beautiful piece of a Spanish onion bottle bottomView attachment 1931548View attachment 1931549
Pretty busy with 8 hours in the water on Saturday, and 4 hours Sunday before the weather pushed us out and water clarity deteriorated quickly !!

Only 12 hours, lightweight….sigh
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom