What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Ever since i was young the term / word "underwater" perplexed me...

For you are never really "underwater"...

IN the water yes... UNDER the water surface yes... but "underwater"... never :P
 
Ever since i was young the term / word "underwater" perplexed me...

For you are never really "underwater"...

IN the water yes... UNDER the water surface yes... but "underwater"... never :P

Mornin all.

But AARC : if you are immersed below the surface , what is above you?

 
Mornin all.

But AARC : if you are immersed below the surface , what is above you?



You are still not "under".

In... surrounded by...

So... if you are treading water... are you under water beings 90% of you is immersed ? ? ?

Or does the term under only apply to the head also being immersed.. ? ? ?

AND...

IF a giant boulder were to fall on you and say half of you... THIS would be said as... hey look ! ! ! RC is under that boulder.

:P~
 
You are still not "under".

In... surrounded by...

So... if you are treading water... are you under water beings 90% of you is immersed ? ? ?

Or does the term under only apply to the head also being immersed.. ? ? ?

AND...

IF a giant boulder were to fall on you and say half of you... THIS would be said as... hey look ! ! ! RC is under that boulder.

:P~

Errr... lack of coffeee and a loooong weekend combo in this... can ya tell ? ? ?

:P
 
Morning RC
Been busy doing the Xmas wrapping up, and so far they don't even want to try to cross the line of tuck tape.
Probably so toxic they know......:laughing7:
20210614_105239.webp
 
Jim,

If you run out of tuck tape....I'm wondering if that house vapor barrier stuff would work as a good substitute?
 
You are still not "under".

In... surrounded by...

So... if you are treading water... are you under water beings 90% of you is immersed ? ? ?

Or does the term under only apply to the head also being immersed.. ? ? ?

AND...

IF a giant boulder were to fall on you and say half of you... THIS would be said as... hey look ! ! ! RC is under that boulder.

:P~

I think I'm above water on the boulder/mortgage...

 
Boatlode,

Well according to this article the keystone volumes will still move via other pipelines and/or rail and vessel. Odds are it'll cost the end users more than if keystone had of gone through thou....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-biden-keystone-oil-idUSKBN29R1RB


That's what happens when .gov starts printing money and giving it away. It's called inflation.

Also everything gets to the store shelves on diesel powered trucks, and if the cost of fuel goes up so does the price of everything else. So you can thank Hidin Biden for cancelling all drilling and the Keystone pipeline.
 
Jim,

If you run out of tuck tape....I'm wondering if that house vapor barrier stuff would work as a good substitute?
Folks were saying burlap, did a couple of trees, and it slowed them down.
They seemed to crawl under them and when we lifted the burlap they fell onto the mulch-sort like looking for Waldo then.
Just did a 5 tree pick off into soapy water-571 that's after 2 hrs.
I know what the mrs will ask when she gets done with the city run-"So what did you do/get done while I was gone?" :laughing7:
 
Jim,

I remember as a kid we used to pick the potato beetles off the plants by hand and drop them in a tin with gasoline....they didn't stand a chance...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
 
Jim,

I remember as a kid we used to pick the potato beetles off the plants by hand and drop them in a tin with gasoline....they didn't stand a chance...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

The Mrs got home a hour later, smashed a few hundred.
I came into the yard and asked if she had killed any?
Those are squashed!
I just finished picking another 1100 below the tape.
 
Jim,

Maybe you can get the county to put a bounty on them and collect a fee per catterpilar.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
 
Off... C u n am.
 
Jim,

Maybe you can get the county to put a bounty on them and collect a fee per catterpilar.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

I was thinking the same thing Bill, I pretended I was getting 5 cents each. Then again it was a pleasure throwing them into the soapy water.:laughing7:

Seems that the Tuck tape is working as a barrier, only 3 tried to cross, part them got left behind when I picked them off.
 
I was thinking the same thing Bill, I pretended I was getting 5 cents each. Then again it was a pleasure throwing them into the soapy water.:laughing7:

Seems that the Tuck tape is working as a barrier, only 3 tried to cross, part them got left behind when I picked them off.

Aren't the ones climbing up , ones that fell off the trees already?
 
Aren't the ones climbing up , ones that fell off the trees already?

That or another stage, some are getting big, easier to grab.
Read the ratio female to male is 66/34.
Each female lays 300 eggs.
They said this the peak of the 10yr cycle.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom