THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning TreaureNet Crew.

So... for a couple of days now we have been nursing our sick female chihuahua.

Overnight she has taken a turn... and not for the better direction... she just turned 12 years old a couple weeks ago and has had some issues over the years but overall her life has been... although she loved to over eat,,, a very very healthy one.

She has been spoiled her whole life to the point she that she has only ever drank bottled water.

It has been sudden and at first we thought she may have eaten something outside but really have very little clues and have been really at a loss as to what suddenly brought this on beings she was happy and playing just earlier last week.

Looking back she showed some signs of lethargy later in the week and had been recently shedding some weight but chalked it up as due to her diet we had her on... which was a result of her couch potato lifestyle that had taken a chubby toll.

She stopped eating Saturday evening... but drank water up until yesterday night and now giving her droppers of water... we waited to see if it would pass as we have had these episodes before with other dogs in the past.

We have an appointment this morning at the vet but I am very worried and we have slept very very little over past couple of nights taking turns with her.

She is a parent and the best dog in the world... she is so sweet and has loved every human she has come into contact with.

We will both be very consumed with grief if she were to pass... which is starting to become more and more... well... anyway.

Just had to vent.

We tried to get into her original since 8 weeks old vet yesterday but he is closed on Mondays and is now on our craphead *actual name of this list begins with the other word for crap begging with the letter S) list due to no response to our msg we left on office VM over weekend.

Our backup vet secretary says they have an opening FRIDAY ! and if we needed more urgent help to contact "Urgent Care".... what a load.

So... we have an appointment at a third new vet this morning... if she doesn't pass before hand... now that she is really taking a dive quick.

We are heartbroken... and tears are welling in my eyes as i type this.

Sorry.. but again... i had to vent this.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning ARC
Geez man that's a hard one to deal with.
The unconditional love that they give us can be measured by the feelings one has when we face times as this Hopefully things will turn around for the better and all you can do is provide her comfort. It just sucks to have this happen.:(

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning TreaureNet Crew.

So... for a couple of days now we have been nursing our sick female chihuahua.

Overnight she has taken a turn... and not for the better direction... she just turned 12 years old a couple weeks ago and has had some issues over the years but overall her life has been...
although she loved to over eat,,, a very very healthy one.

She has been spoiled her whole life to the point she that she has only ever drank bottled water.

It has been sudden and at first we thought she may have eaten something outside but really have very little clues and have been really at a loss as to what suddenly brought this on beings she was happy and playing just earlier last week.

Looking back she showed some signs of lethargy later in the week and had been recently shedding some weight but chalked it up as due to her diet we had her on... which was a result of her couch potato lifestyle that had taken a chubby toll.

She stopped eating Saturday evening... but drank water up until yesterday night and now giving her droppers of water... we waited to see if it would pass as we have had these episodes before with other dogs in the past.

We have an appointment this morning at the vet but I am very worried and we have slept very very little over past couple of nights taking turns with her.

She is a parent and the best dog in the world... she is so sweet and has loved every human she has come into contact with.

We will both be very consumed with grief if she were to pass... which is starting to become more and more... well... anyway.

Just had to vent.

We tried to get into HER original since 8 weeks old vet yesterday but he is closed on Mondays and is now on our craphead *actual name of this list begins with the other word for crap begging with the letter S) list due to no response to our msg we left on office VM over weekend.

Our backup vet secretary says they have an opening FRIDAY ! and if we needed more urgent help to contact "Urgent Care".... what a load.

So... we have an appointment at a third new vet this morning... if she doesn't pass before hand... now that she is really taking a dive quick.

We are heartbroken... and tears are welling in my eyes as i type this.

Sorry.. but again... i had to vent this.

Sorry ARC...keep your chin up. Praying and hopeing for the best.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Bart
What on the schedule? Scraping barnacles or crunching them under foot exploring?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Bart
What on the schedule? Scraping barnacles or crunching them under foot exploring?

Scraping barnacles the rest of the week !! Hopefully I'll get out and fish a little !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and good morning peeps !

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20210615-070010_MyRadar.jpg
This is why so many galleons were wrecked at vera Cruz!! Un protected harbor and sudden north easters crushing the anchored fleets !!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning RCT

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hoping for the best ARC.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you my friends... but she passed away roughly an hour and a half after i posted the above.

She had a spot on her belly that was tumorous and we were told 6 months ago a veracous vein.

We are convinced now that it must have been some form of cancer.

Again thank you friends for your words.

R. I .P my Suzy... AKA "piglet"... AKA Couch Potato... AKA Big Mamma.

:(

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My condolences ARRC & Co..

Danged small hourglass's just don't hold enough sand for our canine companions.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
0BC1A6E0-8B12-4407-89A5-6923CB27A7DC.jpeg GMorn everbody, I haven’t been keeping up, it’s the time of the year. My quail are hatching, there was 9 baby’s last night. I’m getting a 20 gal fish tank out and use for a brooder. I’ll make a pic later when I get them settled.
I think the best way to get over a pet passing is to hurry and go find a new one. I have grieved over a few different dogs in my life more than people that I have lost....
Have a great day..

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you my friends... but she passed away roughly an hour and a half after i posted the above.

She had a spot on her belly that was tumorous and we were told 6 months ago a veracous vein.

We are convinced now that it must have been some form of cancer.

Again thank you friends for your words.

R. I .P my Suzy... AKA "piglet"... AKA Couch Potato... AKA

I shed some tears for you my friend...they were salty and bitter, but full of sympathy and understanding of what your going through buddy !! Not to much I can say or do but assure you that I'm thinking of your wellbeing!! Feel better brother from another mother !!

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleaning up today and prepping for the next mission. Such a treat for me to work with a couple different people and projects....always well taken care of with equipment....got a new excal this week and went through both hookah systems....all is working well and the bronze cannon boys have invited me to dive on some exciting new stuff from the mag surveys....we have a wreck !!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah man... i have been pacing for hours... inside then outside... inside then outside... talked with neighbor for a bit.. her son... who i knew... died after being struck by a pickup on his bicycle a few years back.

She helped with long talking about loss... just stepped back inside... dont know what to do now...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions